Bringing food/drinks into the parks

BettyCv

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Can anyone explain the policy on bringing food and drinks into the parks? Also I thought I had read somewhere that they are very good about giving you a cup of water from the various stands rather than making you buy bottled water. Is that true?

Any help is appreciated.

Betty

There are water fountains outside all restrooms but I never seen anyone at one of the stands get a cup of water -- there is no free source of water there as you simply have a stand with a large cooler holding pop and bottled water and usually also an ice cream freezer. Bringing in large cup size drink containers (those plastic ones everyone has) and some snacks in your backpack is fine. Bringing in a large picnic lunch and a cooler is not.

Hi,

It is against policy to bring in food and drink but
Disney does not enforce it. We have brought in
a soft sided cooler in our stroller many times. It
was filled with 4- 1 quart containers of juice, lemonade,
or water and we have never had a problem.

You can go to any of the counter service resturants and
ask for a cup of ice water. I have never been charged for
this.

We took fruit snacks and granola bars into the parks last week. The security never cared or said anything except for one rude guy who when I opened my back pack said in a snotty tone, "food, imagine that". He didn't say anything else about it thought and we carried in snacks for the kids every day with no problem.

Glass bottles, knives, and alcohol are not permitted at all. Snacks are fine. All packages/bags/etc (including coolers) are opened and searched prior to entry, and security disposes of many alcoholic beverages every day (even though you are allowed to take it back to your car for storage, some people would rather it be thrown out...)

As far as water, stands don't have a water source or potable ice, but all restaurants will give you a cup of water for free (sometimes it's a regular-sized cup, sometimes it's a child's cup, sometimes it's just a cup of ice and they will direct you to a water spout.) Tap water is the only thing I drink while in the parks as a guest (Ok, sometimes I have a coffee with my dessert from Kringala Bakeri.)

On the other hand Universal Hollywood would only allow bottled water in to there park. They expected you to either toss it in the trash or take it back to your car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter