Bringing in food from another DLR eatery

I am not going to speak for the OP, however, I didn't read in her post any request for an opinion. Just wondering if she could be allowed something or not. Question was answered.
I asked a follow up question to clarify policy, that was answered. Thank you to the posters for your info about that, btw. I had never thought about the food safety concerns.
Now, I will speak about myself and my DD here. She is 18. Not special needs. No overt ability issues. HOWEVER, she has the palate of a toddler in their "grilled cheese or nothing" stage. Sure, she can "suck it up", or I can find ways to make her experience in a restaurant more enjoyable. My kid, my choice. Your kid, your choice. The op here: her kid her choice.
Zero judgements.
First of all, thank you!
Next.... I had also not thought of the food safety issue and liability etc. Learning that gave me a solid answer and that's what I was looking for! It's no problem at all for her to get food before (and finish it) or after LL as she loves snacking and trying little bites from new places. She does actually like a wide variety of foods. (she never used to but gradually has changed) A friend was over last week and we were discussing Disney food we love and the friend commented about DD, "I can't believe all the things she eats! She has more of a grown-up palate than my husband who is 50!". It just so happens that of the 6 things on the "shorts" menu nothing stands out. Food is a big part of a vacation for her (as it is with DH and I) We look at menus and food pix online all the time! She likes to ENJOY her food while at Disney and doesn't want to "use up" one of her meal choices with something she wouldn't totally *love*. I think thats very reasonable. So we will look at menus of places near to LL and find something she likes and she can eat before or after. No big deal at all.

PS- I am also "brensmom" as my 3rd son is named Brendan!!

Last edited:
Stepping in with a general reminder to keep the discussion respectful and courteous. It's fine to disagree and to express those opinions, but let's remember to be gracious to each other here. Thank you!
Now, back to the topic at hand...
Yes. Thank you. I agree.

First of all, thank you!
Next.... I had also not thought of the food safety issue and liability etc. Learning that gave me a solid answer and that's what I was looking for! It's no problem at all for her to get food before (and finish it) or after LL as she loves snacking and trying little bites from new places. She does actually like a wide variety of foods. (she never used to but gradually has changed) A friend was over last week and we were discussing Disney food we love and the friend commented about DD, "I can't believe all the things she eats! She has more of a grown-up palate than my husband who is 50!". It just so happens that of the 6 things on the "shorts" menu nothing stands out. Food is a big part of a vacation for her (as it is with DH and I) We look at menus and food pix online all the time! She likes to ENJOY her food while at Disney and doesn't want to "use up" one of her meal choices with something she wouldn't totally *love*. I think thats very reasonable. So we will look at menus of places near to LL and find something she likes and she can eat before or after. No big deal at all.

PS- I am also "brensmom" as my 3rd son is named Brendan!!
Just to add, if there was sometime on the menu that sounded *almost* OK but some of the ingredients did not appeal to her, it’s worth it to ask to customize... for instance nachos without meat or without anything spicy, or beef sliders without the tomato-habanero chutney... you get the idea.

Agree with the pp -- I have food allergies and sensitivities, and LL (downstairs) has always been very good about working around what I can and can't have. It can't hurt to ask if something can be customized. But, just to be safe, make sure that your daughter isn't starving when you get to LL either. Hanger is no one's friend at DLR or anywhere else!

Just to add, if there was sometime on the menu that sounded *almost* OK but some of the ingredients did not appeal to her, it’s worth it to ask to customize... for instance nachos without meat or without anything spicy, or beef sliders without the tomato-habanero chutney... you get the idea.
THIS! I frequent the parks with one of my coworkers and she cannot eat shellfish, therefore lobster is out of the question. She gets them with steak. So if she wants them to change things, she can ask as well.

Agree with the pp -- I have food allergies and sensitivities, and LL (downstairs) has always been very good about working around what I can and can't have. It can't hurt to ask if something can be customized. But, just to be safe, make sure that your daughter isn't starving when you get to LL either. Hanger is no one's friend at DLR or anywhere else!
She is a shy, doesn't like to make waves, kind of girl so she would rather opt for getting something beforehand instead of asking for special requests at LLL. Last night we looked over menus/pix and she found 3 QS places with things she could get before we go to LLL. Also, I mentioned to her that she could get a non-alcoholic, specialty drink to sip while DH and I had the nachos and she was all for that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter