British Airways Carryon Question

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I should put this here or the UK Forum since people do go on BA to other destinations.
We will be flying from the US to LHR later this week. I am trying to find out if what someone told me is true that the under the seat space for carryons is smaller than airlines here and I might not be able to have my backpack with me that I usually take on trips. Thanks!

I think a lot of their planes have some sort of apparatus for the entertainment system under some seats. You can see more info at seatguru. I’ve flown BA dozens of times and have always brought a carryon (as long as it was within the posted dimensions) and either a backpack or a huge purse. Just check their website for permitted size.

I checked the website and was unclear as I keep getting different measurements so figured I would ask if someone had experience with the airline that could provide feedback.

Cabin bag is 22" x 18" x 10" maximum. This includes the wheels, handles, etc. Never assume the info tag on your luggage is correct. Measure it yourself. I cannot tell you how many "21 inch" bags I've measured that were actually 23-24 inches tall.

The other item you can carry on is limited to 16" x 12" x 6".

If space is limited on the flight, they have the right to check your larger carry on bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!