Broken Leg Daughter 11

cesariofamily

Mouseketeer
My daughter has a broken leg. She will have a cast that will be below the knee and waterproof. Any tips or suggestions? Any chance she can ride Flight of Passage? Any tips or suggestions?

I would get her a wheelchair as there is a lot of walking.

I would say there is a good chance she can ride FOP there is a test set out front my friend rode it with a walking boot on. I would tell her that you will try the test set and see if she can ride.

I think the only way to tell if she would be able to ride Flights of Passage would be to check out the trial seat.
The CM can bring the restraints up into place, but can’t lock them, so it may be a bit different once she actually gets on the real ride vehicle.
It’s certainly worth a try though

Rent a wheelchair from one of the offsite companies listed in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread.
The park rental wheelchairs are large and you would need to rent one every day. Renting from offsite, you can get s smaller one and it would be available in your resort too.

That thread is pinned near the top of this board and has lots of information

Awesome that its waterproof! :)

My advice is rent a wheelchair if she's not supposed to be walking on the cast because crutches will tire her out very quickly.

Not sure what the "rules" are with those with casts on rides but just based on the seat on FOP I doubt its possible to ride it with a cast.
Many people seem to have trouble with their feet/legs fitting properly without a cast added to it.

My advice is rent a wheelchair if she's not supposed to be walking on the cast because crutches will tire her out very quickly.

Not sure what the "rules" are with those with casts on rides but just based on the seat on FOP I doubt its possible to ride it with a cast.
Many people seem to have trouble with their feet/legs fitting properly without a cast added to it.
my friend had a boot on that went just belw her knee and she was fine on the ride like I said before have her use the test set I am like 90% sure she will be fine to ride FOP unless her legs are very long or very big

Dh has a afo and was able to ride

When you rent the wheelchair, consider getting one that has a leg support - that way if her legs starts to swell inside the cast, it can be elevated. Additionally, take a moment to adjust the foot pedals up to fit under her feet; letting that broken leg "dangle" probably can't be good for it.

If she has any trouble with the cast, there is First Aid in every Park; call the Front Desk at your Resort if you are back at the room.

My daughter has a broken leg. She will have a cast that will be below the knee and waterproof. Any tips or suggestions? Any chance she can ride Flight of Passage? Any tips or suggestions?
OP, How did you get on? We go in 2 weeks andmy 7yr old daughter has broken her leg. She has full cast on but bent at the knee. just wondering what she will manage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!