Brought back maps from DL - anybody need any? Also: Buzz rant

Maybe this will be unpopular but...We’re headed into one of the busiest seasons for Disneyland and the people at Guest Services are going to be absolutely inundated with work. Are you both seriously going to call them because you didn’t get credited for points on a children’s ride? Give these people a break, I beg of you. It’s just a game, and it’s just meant to be for fun.

Guest services is there to handle every person. With the ever increasing prices to enter the parks, attractions should be in great working condition. Guest services are there to work, not to sit and look pretty.

Maybe this will be unpopular but...We’re headed into one of the busiest seasons for Disneyland and the people at Guest Services are going to be absolutely inundated with work. Are you both seriously going to call them because you didn’t get credited for points on a children’s ride? Give these people a break, I beg of you. It’s just a game, and it’s just meant to be for fun.

Dont belittle other peoples issues by calling it a children's ride, using your logic no adult should complain about anything at Disneyland because it just for kids....

I have no problem with someone lodging a complaint, but I do think it will fall on deaf ears. I'd imagine that fixing the scoring on a ride that's in need of a refurb falls pretty low on the priority list. Because of this, I wouldn't want to waste the 10-20 minutes to even make this complaint. But to each their own, no judgment either way!

I would counter this by saying that for guests who visit frequently and/or solo getting a score that will be on the leaderboard is part of the fun and it. Plus Disney needs to be aware that something is not working properly. Scores are technically part of your ride photo for Buzz, regardless of the leaderboard I'm sure other people are upset that their scores did not come through, especially if it was their only chance to go on the ride during the trip.
You're right. I wasn't looking at the big picture. I was just seeing a guy who is on the ride all the time. If anybody is going to notice a problem that other guest might encounter, it would be somebody like Wonkakid. My apologies.

I have no problem with someone lodging a complaint, but I do think it will fall on deaf ears. I'd imagine that fixing the scoring on a ride that's in need of a refurb falls pretty low on the priority list. Because of this, I wouldn't want to waste the 10-20 minutes to even make this complaint. But to each their own, no judgment either way!

If someone says something, there's a chance it'll get fixed. If no one says anything, it'll almost surely not get fixed.

Guests giving feedback is absolutely crucial to the continued success of the parks. You can easily spot all the people Disney employs in the parks just to beg people to give them their email addresses in order to solicit them for feedback.

Disney wants to hear from people, and it in no way affects their ability to accommodate disabled guests.

Disney wants to hear from people, and it in no way affects their ability to accommodate disabled guests.
Couldn't agree more. Part of the reason the park is the most famous (and perhaps popular) park in the world is because guests care enough to share their experience and Disney cares enough to act on the feedback. Having said that, I've also gone to Guest Services/City Hall many times to compliment especially helpful CMs. I complain and raise issues when necessary. I also point out service that goes beyond the call.

He's not whining to a harried worker at a busy park. He's calling a phone number at a call center. Which is there for the express purpose of being called by people who have issues. Any kind of issue. The person who takes the call is no more harried than anyone else taking calls at that call center.
Just to be clear, the "call center" is in City Hall, with the same CMs who also work the desk or kiosks.

Thank you for all the effort you put in to making Disney aware of the issues with this ride. It is not something I have done myself, but I greatly appreciate you do.

While I may be a passholder, I do not get down to the parks very often because of how far away I live. I usually score decently and it's my mom's and my favorite ride (to the point I have a running note list of how each gun we've tried behaves), but the one time I scored high enough to get on the leaderboard? That's the score that didn't come through. I was so heartbroken.

Thank you for all the effort you put in to making Disney aware of the issues with this ride.
Thank you!

I usually score decently and it's my mom's and my favorite ride (to the point I have a running note list of how each gun we've tried behaves), but the one time I scored high enough to get on the leaderboard? That's the score that didn't come through. I was so heartbroken.
Good strategy! Often friends and I make note of the guns/cruisers that don't work well on a given day. It seems to change from day-to-day, though. For example, cruisers 29 and 30 were bad last Sunday. The guns were either inaccurate or they didn't flash when a target was hit (which can be a little confusing and off putting when you're trying to play optimally).

Hopefully the main problems are addressed soon. I don't hold out a lot of hope, though. As I mentioned, a CM I know said to me last Sunday that the entire ride needs to be refurbished. After my recent experiences, I find it hard to disagree. The last two Sundays, my my first four scores did not come through. That was especially annoying since they were my best scores of the day. One of them was when I broke 2M on both guns, which is a rarity. When I came out and saw that the score was missing, I swore under my breath -- several times. I wanted to punch the monitor -- figuratively. But of course I didn't.

I don't believe the person I spoke with -- Guest Communications -- was in DL.
Yeah, a call center big enough to handle all of the Guest Services calls DL gets would be WAY too big to fit in City Hall. As someone who has considerable experience working in the vicinity of call centers, even one that accommodates a relatively small contingent of clients needs to employ at least a dozen call handlers at all times. To accommodate the call volume Guest Services gets? Way more than that.

Thank you!
Good strategy! Often friends and I make note of the guns/cruisers that don't work well on a given day. It seems to change from day-to-day, though. For example, cruisers 29 and 30 were bad last Sunday. The guns were either inaccurate or they didn't flash when a target was hit (which can be a little confusing and off putting when you're trying to play optimally).

I have one car marked as "possessed" because it would not stop spinning. It was hilarious and we just went with it (I'm assuming it was a fluke since I haven't seen many complaints about the spinning car), but of course ruined any score. Definitely noticed the "between trips" thing. A few cars I go back and note any changes (or confirm experience) with what day things happened. Some stay the same, some definitely change (even for the better!). It's a fun little hobby with my mom :)

Hopefully the main problems are addressed soon. I don't hold out a lot of hope, though. As I mentioned, a CM I know said to me last Sunday that the entire ride needs to be refurbished. After my recent experiences, I find it hard to disagree. The last two Sundays, my my first four scores did not come through. That was especially annoying since they were my best scores of the day. One of them was when I broke 2M on both guns, which is a rarity. When I came out and saw that the score was missing, I swore under my breath -- several times. I wanted to punch the monitor -- figuratively. But of course I didn't.

I would have cried. For real. :rotfl2:

But yeah, here's hoping. It would be sad to see it go down for any length of time, but if it's that badly in need of a refurb, then it needs it. I just hope it wouldn't take too long.

As long as your not mean about it; no problems bringing it to their attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter