Brown derby not serving lunch menu?

And quite literally, this is the leg OP has to stand on.

changing themenu gets younowhere now. Complaining about the less than Disney reception and poor communication is what gets you ... something, possibly a free fast pass ormocky bar. But you can’t complain about the menu change now, after the fact, or demand an unreasonable expectation, and uploading the menu change for an short term change is not reasonable.
Definitely complain about the delivery. Thats not Disney service.

While that is certainly an option, I didn’t want anything. I was content that she canceled my reservation without the $10 pp no show fee. For me that was enough. We did counter service at ABC.

Yes, I was frustrated about it. But to argue with her her about it would make me no better then how she acted. Trying to capitalize off it it, also seems like the same thing too.

I agree completely. They could even make a separate link and menu for the dates when they aren’t serving lunch items the way they have different links for kids menus (‘menu for 11/22-12/1’ in the link text). Either way it would take a few minutes for their web developers to make the change, nothing complicated in that.

Even the confirmation email could say that there is a menu change for that day. This way someone would have time to decide if they want to keep the reservation or cancel it so someone else can have it.

Clearly, and in complete seriousness, you are not aware of have not been affected by Disney IT glitches.

As for what do you do? You politely express your disappointment and request that the no-show fee be waived. Maybe you even ask for help getting a reservation elsewhe

@Molophino is right. People hoping to eat there next week, or next month, or six or more months from now, are also checking the menus. This is different from Thanksgiving, which is one specific, known date. Even if the mention of Thanksgiving dinners isn't removed at 10:01 PM this Thursday, a reasonable person would know that the restaurant is closed now and that the holiday is over.
Even the confirmation email could say that there is a menu change for that day.
That's only possible if the change is made before the reservation is made, or at least in the super-brief moments between the reservation booked and the confirmation sent.

I've done my fair share of customer service. Yes we are human but if you want to survive, you need to learn how to set the tone in a professional manner. Some people will always be nasty however you deliver the news, but most people will follow your lead. If you lead with condescension or snark, you open the window to receive condescension or snark in return. Just makes the job harder on yourself.

I've done my fair share of customer service. Yes we are human but if you want to survive, you need to learn how to set the tone in a professional manner. Some people will always be nasty however you deliver the news, but most people will follow your lead. If you lead with condescension or snark, you open the window to receive condescension or snark in return. Just makes the job harder on yourself.

I totally agree. Considering that was her attitude at the beginning of the day, I am sure things were not going to get better.

this was a huge part of the reason I just walked away. Sometime you don’t know what is going on with someone else that causes them to be less professional. I don’t need to respond in kind.

While that is certainly an option, I didn’t want anything. I was content that she canceled my reservation without the $10 pp no show fee. For me that was enough. We did counter service at ABC.

Yes, I was frustrated about it. But to argue with her her about it would make me no better then how she acted. Trying to capitalize off it it, also seems like the same thing too.
Then I don’t understand the complaint.

Because complaining isn’t necessarily about what you can get out of it. It can be to improve future service for yourself or others. Or it can be to warn others that they may run into the same thing. Since I have a lunch reservation I appreciate that the OP posted so I know this might happen and adjust my plans accordingly.

Not sure what isn’t to understand.

My complaint wasn’t that I did not receive compensation.

It was that they fundementaly changed the menu to capitalize on a higher traffic season, without letting people know.

While the attitude of the woman was a factor in *how* the information was presented, she specifically isn’t the issue.

That Cobb is life, so I would skip Brown Derby

You think Disney’s website is technically advanced? Its run on the absolute threadbare shoe string budget as an afterthought. Disney doesn’t need to market, its Disney. I envision a single chimp working a 1960’s switch board, smoking cigarettes and trying to keep the website up and running. Thats how much Disney puts into its Apps and pages.
I was working in IT in the Orlando area 20 years ago, lets just say working for Disney was not the first choice for many experienced IT professionals due to their reputation.

Not sure what isn’t to understand.

My complaint wasn’t that I did not receive compensation.

It was that they fundementaly changed the menu to capitalize on a higher traffic season, without letting people know.

While the attitude of the woman was a factor in *how* the information was presented, she specifically isn’t the issue.
Then you need to complain to Disney and reject their offer of a mickey bar. You want fundamental change of a system, which by your own admission, owes you nothing and can change it’s menu at will, by complaining to us. Everyone knows the fine print. You admit you know the fine print. You are just complaining to complain now, and to the wrong folks.

I appreciate the OP for giving me a heads up. I will be going during a very busy time in March and might opt to cancel my lunch reservation and just eat in the lounge or at QS.

I was working in IT in the Orlando area 20 years ago, lets just say working for Disney was not the first choice for many experienced IT professionals due to their reputation.

So whenever there is a server issue, it just means the hamster powering everything died?

So whenever there is a server issue, it just means the hamster powering everything died?
OP admits the server is not the issue. She doesn’t want the server to change her attitude, she doesn’t like the company changing the menu to rein in cost and time(also a cost). Capitalizing is the issue for OP. So basically, the capitalist system is the issue. OP wants a special email for herself any time theres a menu change, which would take an overhaul of the (horrible) system, or, in the alternative, for a publicly traded capitalist company to not capitalize. Poppycock.

OP doesn’t want to gripe to Disney about how she feels she was treated, because that too is capitalizing, but she wants to gripe here to effect... not entitled certain. Most people who just want to vent about their extreme first world WDW mistreatment state such, but OP is more concerned with capitalizing, which she has stated several times is the actual problem, rather than the cold delivery by the CM ( which is the only actual wdw cause of action she really has).

OP admits the server is not the issue. She doesn’t want the server to change her attitude, she doesn’t like the company changing the menu to rein in cost and time(also a cost). Capitalizing is the issue for OP. So basically, the capitalist system is the issue. OP wants a special email for herself any time theres a menu change, which would take an overhaul of the (horrible) system, or, in the alternative, for a publicly traded capitalist company to not capitalize. Poppycock.

OP doesn’t want to gripe to Disney about how she feels she was treated, because that too is capitalizing, but she wants to gripe here to effect... not entitled certain. Most people who just want to vent about their extreme first world WDW mistreatment state such, but OP is more concerned with capitalizing, which she has stated several times is the actual problem, rather than the cold delivery by the CM ( which is the only actual wdw cause of action she really has).
Server as in computer server not an actual waiter.

To keep this friendly, we will just agree to disagree what is possible to program in to the website. Especially one as robust and technically advanced as what Disney has created. Plus, considering that there is no longer a phone number to call to make reservations, the site should be very accurate.
I totally agree. Right now there is a lunch menu on our ADR day as it was there when we booked it at 180 days. We have a reservation on 12/26 for lunch. It will be our first time eating at HBD and if they tell us no lunch I will ask to cancel with no charge. I don't want a heavy dinner at noon, I want lunch. If Disney expects us to book dining 6 months in advance, they need to know what they will be serving 6 months in advance.

Wow. I didn’t know you felt so much passion about telling me how I feel ( or should feel) and what I should have done.

I never said I didn’t follow up about it after the fact. But you have assumed quite a bit about me... including my gender.

For someone who thinks that I am complaining to complain... maybe you should go back and reread what you wrote. One could say you are complaining about your perception of my experience. You are entitled to your option. As am I of mine.

I am not asking for personalized or special treatment - you said I did. What I said is that in situations where they know they are going to fundamentally modify the menu, let people know. Not one just person , but everyone.

the way we found out about the menu change was my son asked to see the menu before we sat down. Had he not, we wouldn’t have know until getting a table.

So you tell me: When is the right time to tell a guest we are not serving our lunch menu items today for a reservation you made months ago, based on a menu we are still showing on our website?

If this thread and my thoughts irk you, then that is your issue. Apparently other people who have chimed in also feel that swapping the price range of a menu is sketchy. You too could choose not to respond to a thread that doesn’t interest you.

I will conclude with this. It is easy to judge me when you weren’t there or know ANYTHING about me personally. Likewise, for me to do so of you. So let’s just keep this friendly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!