Brown Derby or F&W Signature event

lilfaeriebrat

Mouseketeer
This year's trip is celebrating our 5th anniversary so my plan was to do a nicer restaurant for dinner on our anniversary. DH didn't want to have to worry about taking and wearing clothing other than park clothes so we decided to have our anniversary dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby.

Now that the F&W signature events have been shared I'm considering changing dinner to a lunch event.

Options would be:
Mexican Tequilla lunch
French family meal traditions

Not worrying about dining plan, costs or anything other than the quality of the food which would you do?

French Family Meal. Even if I hadn't read a description of it, Brown Derby (love me some Cobb Salad!) is available any visit.

I would drop the Hollywood Brown Derby and go to the French Family Meal Traditions. My wife and I have looked at that one in the past and since she is not a big tequila fan, we were thinking a lot about the French Family meal.

We did Beer vs Wine at Via Napoli and loved it! I was hesitant at first because I'm not a beer drinker, but the Italian beers are very different from the typical American ones. The food was really good and portion sizes were huge. The entree was a beef dish and I don't eat beef, so they brought me out a huge chicken parmesan. I think we got 5 different beers and 5 different wines, and they refilled glasses upon request.

This year, we are doing the Mexican Tequila lunch, French Family Traditions and italian Food and Wine.
We have also done the Mediterranean one which was wonderful.
As good as Brown Deby is, those restaurants are available all year. These events are there for a limited time and done extremely well in our experience.

Last edited:

I showed my DH the signature dining and he's all over that instead of brown derby. Our only concern now is the amount of food, he had weight loss surgery a few years ago and doesn't eat huge meals. Will any of the events pack up leftovers?

Thank you all for your valuable input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!