Budget MCO

staceyj2

DIS Veteran
I usually rent from Alamo, but budget is cheaper for my July trip. Does anyone know if I can go directly to the garage if I have Fastbreak? I am guessing that I won't be able to pick my own car with Budget but I am okay with that providing I can still skip going to the counter. Thanks!

Yes, you go directly to the garage. There is a fast break booth next to the cars, they will give you your keys. Line ups are usually small and quick in my experience.

Yes, you go directly to the garage. There is a fast break booth next to the cars, they will give you your keys. Line ups are usually small and quick in my experience.
Well not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I’ve not had at best so so luck at the fast break booth in MCO. My preprinted paperwork has never been there, and typically no one else’s either. I have always waited 10-15 mins in the FB line in the garage. Paperwork goes pretty quickly when it’s “my turn” but still. Fast break? Not so much. To add, last week the inside counter was sending some non FB customers out. A party was at the window when I arrived and remained another 10 mins or so trying to sort out a prepaid rental. I of course don’t know for sure but they did not seem very familiar with the process - I could believe they were not FB.

Shout out for RSW however. Rented there a week ago and all paperwork was complete and waiting. Mine and a dozen others. Like it should be.

Well not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I’ve not had at best so so luck at the fast break booth in MCO. My preprinted paperwork has never been there, and typically no one else’s either. I have always waited 10-15 mins in the FB line in the garage. Paperwork goes pretty quickly when it’s “my turn” but still. Fast break? Not so much. To add, last week the inside counter was sending some non FB customers out. A party was at the window when I arrived and remained another 10 mins or so trying to sort out a prepaid rental. I of course don’t know for sure but they did not seem very familiar with the process - I could believe they were not FB.

Shout out for RSW however. Rented there a week ago and all paperwork was complete and waiting. Mine and a dozen others. Like it should be.
Thanks for the info. I have rented from Alamo almost exclusively at MCO since we began going to Disney 13 years ago. They have always been the cheapest of the bigger name rental agencies. I am hesitant to give anyone else a try but budget is much cheaper than Alamo this time. Alamo doesn't seem to have any coupons available like they normally do. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I have rented from Alamo almost exclusively at MCO since we began going to Disney 13 years ago. They have always been the cheapest of the bigger name rental agencies. I am hesitant to give anyone else a try but budget is much cheaper than Alamo this time. Alamo doesn't seem to have any coupons available like they normally do. Thanks again.
Just wanted to point out, I'm almost exclusively a Costco renter.

I second this. We joined Costco just for car rental benefits as the closest one to us (at the time) was over two hours away. The rental savings paid for the membership and then some.

Me too. My budget rate is through Costco. I can get a intermediate SUV for 8 days for $245 through costco site. If I use the costco code and go through budget's direct site and choose "pay now", I can get it down to $220. My cheapest rate through Alamo is $277 for the same car.

For those of you who have used Budget, you don't get to select your car like you can through Alamo right?

For those of you who have used Budget, you don't get to select your car like you can through Alamo right?

Over the past couple years I've probably used Budget at MCO 4-5 times, and no I haven't been able to choose my own car, but in my experience I've always found my rental docs already prepared and sitting in the rack outside the Fastbreak booth and I take it and go - the attendant at the exit checks my ID against the rental docs and off we go, so it's normally pretty easy.

Has anyone had any issues with being charged more than their original online reservation was?

Has anyone had any issues with being charged more than their original online reservation was?
Not in a long time for me. Check the contract before you pull out. Plus most give you a receipt at drop off which should match.

I have a question about third party Budget reservations....

I am a Fastbreak member, however, this time I secured my reservation through Undercover Tourist (crazy good rate) for our October trip. The Budget reservation number is real, I can look it up on the Budget site, but I cannot seem to connect it to my Budget membership. Does this mean I have to go to the counter inside?

I have a question about third party Budget reservations....

I am a Fastbreak member, however, this time I secured my reservation through Undercover Tourist (crazy good rate) for our October trip. The Budget reservation number is real, I can look it up on the Budget site, but I cannot seem to connect it to my Budget membership. Does this mean I have to go to the counter inside?

I realize this thread is a few months old, but I'm hoping you can tell me how your experience with Budget went? I've got an almost too good to be true rate with them for May (through ut) and I'm seeing more and more things online that are making me nervous about choosing Budget.

I used Budget on my trip two weeks ago. Never again- line to get car in garage. Was directed to spot. Inspected outside and car good, load bags and go to leave. There was one exit booth open and 6 cars in front of me! Go to cell phone lot and discover dog hair all over car. I was not going to spend another 45 minutes of vacation getting car so I cleaned with my Clorox wipes- did make Budget aware. Upon return - 2 people checking cars in rudely saying we will email receipt. I want my receipt when I return car (read too much on another forum about rental car cases). Was rudely given receipt after 10 minutes.
Will say when I got survey from Budget on experience and related this information the manager at MCO emailed and credited me $25. I was actually impressed with that but will pay more to use Alamo in the future. I rented directly through my Fastbreak account using the Costco discount.

I realize this thread is a few months old, but I'm hoping you can tell me how your experience with Budget went? I've got an almost too good to be true rate with them for May (through **) and I'm seeing more and more things online that are making me nervous about choosing Budget.

If you rent through a third-party like UT, you cannot use fast break. This means you will wait in a line at least an hour long to pick up your car. The savings might be worth it to you but each family will make that choice based on their budget and how much time they have to spare. I've waited in that long line twice this year in order to save 50% off the cost of a car rental.

I realize this thread is a few months old, but I'm hoping you can tell me how your experience with Budget went? I've got an almost too good to be true rate with them for May (through **) and I'm seeing more and more things online that are making me nervous about choosing Budget.
I actually started this thread before our trip in July. I did rent from budget through Costco for that trip. They let you add your fastbreak number but it didn't matter because my flight was 15 minutes early and my paperwork wasn't ready so I had to wait in line about 15 minutes. I was surprised because this was last July and the airport was EMPTY. I was a bit spoiled because Alamo lets you pick your own car but the car waiting for me was in my car class. It wasn't terribly clean but otherwise okay. When returning the car the attendant was busy and after waiting for quite a while, he said just leave the keys and go. While sitting at the gate 30 minutes later I get an email with an extra $20 charge for fuel. I returned the car full. I called and gave them the name and address of the gas station (at their request so they could make sure I fueled close enough to the airport). They eventually credited me back part, but not all the fuel charge.

I am taking a quick, last minute trip in Feb. and again, budget is the cheapest by far (though still very pricey for 4 days), but I refuse to rent from them again. Anyone have a decent mid Feb. rate anywhere else?

While sitting at the gate 30 minutes later I get an email with an extra $20 charge for fuel. I returned the car full.
I had the same experience, but noticed while sipping Starbucks in the Atrium. I ran back downstairs and the counter was not busy. It was taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter