Budget things to do near Vero

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Not really sure where to post this, looking for some things to do near Vero Beach in late December. Staying there for a school sporting event trip, but will have days free. Willing to drive an hour or so. We went to Disney in July so not looking to go there, (to make it financially smart to go to the parks we'd need to be there more hours that we have time).
We've never done any activities outside Disney or Universal. Is there anything closer to Vero that's fun? Just tween DS & I.
TIA

You may want to go to Cape Canaveral, its about 1 hour or so away. While it is not cheap your son may love it.

There is a little splash park near Vero. It's free and good for kids (maybe up to age 10 or so). Not sure if it's running in December. Try searching for it.

Cape Canaveral- love it. keep checking their site, maybe you will get lucky and see a launch. If you only have a day you can see the highlights , try for open to close. We really love it. There is also a few smaller spots in Titusville. We love the Warbird Museum, there is a police museum that has some neat stuff for an hour or two. The warbird one takes a couple hours. You will want one of the staff to take you around, older ex pilots.

Navy UDT/Seal Museum in Ft. Pierce. It was very interesting. I suggest at least two hours for the museum plus they have a video that lasts an additional two hours if you choose. Normal admission is $10/person, but there is currently a Groupon available which drops it to $5/person if you buy 4 admissions.

We did the McLarty Treasure Museum in Sebastian is an interesting hour or so. $2/person.

There’s a vineyard just south of Vero. I believe the name is Summer Crush. It was an enjoyable visit. It’s also not too far away from the outlet mall. The outlet mall was very nice as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter