Budget Toll Transponder

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
So we returned a week ago from a 9 day trip to Florida. We travel 2 to 4 times a year to Florida so last year we purchased a sunpass to use so that we did not have to keep stopping to pay cash. Well, the 3rd day of our trip my husband looks at the Budget transponder and says "this thing is set to the on position" and flipped it off. We did not think anything of it since we have Sunpass and could see that we were charged for the tolls that we had gone through. Well, just today I get an email from Budget telling me they are charging me $25 for the tolls. 3.75 for the tolls I already paid with my Sunpass and $19.75 for the use of their transponder. Because we went through the tolls on the first day without knowing the button was on, we were charged a 3.95 fee for everyday of our rental regardless if we went through tolls or not the entire rest of our trip.

I tried calling them but they are closed and I plan to fight this. I believe that someone at Budget flipped that on switch before I even got the car even though I told them I did not want to use the tolls pass because I had a Sunpass transponder.

Has anyone fought these charges and won? I have proof that my Sunpass transponder had also paid those toll fees. If they don't remove the charges, I plan to call my credit card company and filing a fraud complaint.

It will take some work, but in the end you'll win this one. It should only take a copy of your Sunpass account showing the tolls being paid and send that to Budget once you talk to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!