Budgeting & Hoping for the Return of Dining Plans

My Grandpa

Mouseketeer
QUESTION: Would/could someone please share their most recent cost for the Quick Service Dining Plan. We get it ~ prices change ~ almost always UpWard. We just need a rough / approximate / ballpark / maybe about / working $$$s numbers to do a budget. Just the adult price would be great. I spoke to a WDW rep the other nite and she would only quote me meal & snack price ranges. That's workable if need be. Thanks!

Here is the deal: Gotta, gotta go to the 50th Celebration!!! Lucky for Me, I got myself a family gathering: Work Wife; and her Daughter & Son-in-Law (I officiated their wedding ceremony) & and the 3 Grandkiddos. Guess who got elected WDW Planner? I Love It! When we made similar Tribe Trips in 2005 & 2009 we did the Quick Service Plan and found it a good value and a convenience. So this will give the Kids a rough cost to add the Quick Service Plan ~ should it be back in 2022. Thanks & Cheers, Richard ~ aka: My Grandpa

QUESTION: Would/could someone please share their most recent cost for the Quick Service Dining Plan. We get it ~ prices change ~ almost always UpWard. We just need a rough / approximate / ballpark / maybe about / working $$$s numbers to do a budget. Just the adult price would be great. I spoke to a WDW rep the other nite and she would only quote me meal & snack price ranges. That's workable if need be. Thanks!

Here is the deal: Gotta, gotta go to the 50th Celebration!!! Lucky for Me, I got myself a family gathering: Work Wife; and her Daughter & Son-in-Law (I officiated their wedding ceremony) & and the 3 Grandkiddos. Guess who got elected WDW Planner? I Love It! When we made similar Tribe Trips in 2005 & 2009 we did the Quick Service Plan and found it a good value and a convenience. So this will give the Kids a rough cost to add the Quick Service Plan ~ should it be back in 2022. Thanks & Cheers, Richard ~ aka: My Grandpa
I would expect a significant increase over the previous $55/day rate pre covid.
Have you considered paying out of pocket for meals or buying discounted Disney gift cards to cover the cost of food?
My family has used the dining plans in the past, mostly as a "free offer" but for our trip in the Spring we are going to pay OOP. I am taking the family to WDW to celebrate my 2020 retirement (delayed several times). Once my 10 year old DGD became a Disney adult it became very clear that the DDP was not financially worth it. There are 5 Disney adults @ $55/day = $275/day, $1925 for the week. no way that is a good value for us. We do a grocery order and eat breakfast in the room. My daughter and I may share some meals and one DGD only eats chicken nuggets.
everyone needs to make the plan that works best for their family; for us it just doesn't work.

Can't believe they have not fired it back up. It is very profitable. From a business stand-point, it seems like a no-brainer for them to install it again now that they have more restaurants open and staffing is improving (from what I hear).

I also can't believe it's not fired back up. I'm praying for a surprise announcement that the Dining Plans are returning before January, so I can add one to my trip in December. I absolutely hate budgeting. With the way my family of four adults eats, we get our money's worth and I don't mind paying extra for the convenience of no budgeting for nine days.

Until all the restaurants are running at full capacity, they won't bring back the dining plan. Given contracting logistics, I can't imagine they's start it up prior to Jan1 at this point, and even that date is aggressive.

Take the cost of the dining plan and purchase it in Disney gift cards ahead of time. You can use the Disney gift card site to consolidate them on one card. Unless your family eats steak every single night I can pretty much guarantee you will spend less using this method than using the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter