Buena Vista Scooters Not Answering Phones

shrinkydinky

Disney Dreamer
Does anyone know what is going on with Buena Vista Scooters? i tried calling them last week. The phone rang and rang with no answer. Today, i tried calling both their lines, toll fee and local. It just switches over to a busy signal. One time calling the local number i got a voice saying the voice mail has not been set up. i was just calling to verify our scooter rental for 11 days from now.

Are they out of business? Have they gone bankrupt? Ack! Not sure what to do.

Okay, never mind. i finally got through. Hope nothing goes wrong with these scooters considering how hard it is to get ahold of these guys.

They are actually double the price of Apple scooters and Apple is a lot nicer on the phone.

I have had very good experiences with them the past two years and am booked again in December.

i will report after our vacation about their scooters and service. i had originally planned on going with Apple, then read some negative reviews. Hope all goes well.

I had a similar issue a few weeks back- gave up after 4 tries, and called Best Price. Got right through to them, and everything went well. Being a first time renter, I was concerned that if it was that hard to get through to Buena Vista to make the reservation, what would it be like to try to reach them if there was a question or problem while renting?

I had trouble reaching them too...then realized they are open during certain times.. I have rented from them several times....twice...having had a problem with the scooter...to which they came out to exchange it within the hour. However...interesting thought....What WOULD I have done if I had trouble with the scooter during their "off hours"? Are the other scooter places open 24 hours a day?

I had trouble reaching them too...then realized they are open during certain times.. I have rented from them several times....twice...having had a problem with the scooter...to which they came out to exchange it within the hour. However...interesting thought....What WOULD I have done if I had trouble with the scooter during their "off hours"? Are the other scooter places open 24 hours a day?

Yes, Apple Scooters and Randys Mobility are available 24/7 and can come into the parks to assist.

We are at Walk Disney World right now. The majority of scooters in the park are from Buena Vista Scooter. I have not seen any of those broken down. I rent from a different company so cannot tell you about Buena Vista Scooter's quality.

Apple certainly wasn't available 24/7 when I rented from them in Nov.2013. I called when my scooter died completely after only a few hours use and a full battery, left messages, finally got a call back the next day. Lost a whole morning waiting for a replacement scooter at our resort (Poly)while being told someone would be there
"in a few minutes,he's on his way" and when the replacement finally arrived it was a beat up partially broken scooter. This was not even during a busy time.
I've rented from Buena Vista ever since, three times so far for 5-11 day visits and never had any problem at all.

I emailed Buena vista scooters a week ago and haven't heard anything back. I just wanted a price quote. Our vacation is in April and I am trying to go with a scooter place that is disney preferred, but I am having trouble deciding which would be the best :( anyways we still have time for some research lol

I've gone with Florida Mobility Rentals for next year. They're by far the cheapest I've found ($215 for 14 days), and after about 15 minutes' webchat, the woman actually rang me (and I'm in the UK), and we ended up chatting for 50 minutes!

This year I hired from someone with opening hours of 9am - 6pm - and even well after 9am I was getting only the answerphone. Needless to say, when the ECV broke down, it was 6.25pm so I was completely scuppered. I left a message on their answerphone and also emailed them once back at the resort asking them to bring a replacement scooter to AKL where we were having breakfast and even instructed them to have bell services call me up from Boma (I checked in with Bell Services on arrival to make sure they'd do this), but had a very stressful breakfast not knowing whether they were coming or not. I even rang 3 or 4 times, but even as late as 9.30am still only got the answerphone. On my last call I said in frustration, "Don't you ever answer your bloody phone?!"

In the end I got a very rude text message when I finally finished breakfast and came back up to ground level saying that they were here and WHERE WAS I? Of course, by the time I got outside they'd gone. Tried ringing the driver's mobile he'd left me in the text, but he wasn't answering. While I sat there wondering what on earth to do, Bell Services came outside to find me and told me that they'd actually left the scooter with them. It was in a disgraceful condition, though - the front tyre was completely bald and the seat rocked slightly side-to-side.

So, my main criteria in finding a hire for next year - especiallly as it's a 14-day hire - is that the company has an out-of-hours number for me to ring and that someone will actually answer the phone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter