Buena Vista Suites or somewhere else?

Cathyn35

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at Buena Vista Suites, and if so, can you please share your opinions of the hotel? There is a really good deal out there now for the dates I want to travel in Oct. (for my 50th b-day hurray!), but some of the reviews are scaring me -- moldy smells, bathroom falling apart, etc.
We usually stay at Marriott properties, esp the Residence Inns since we need suites (husband SNORES!). Not a hotel snob, but also like rooms in decent condition with comfy bedding.
If we stay at BV Suites, can we use Caribe Royale amenities? We'll be hanging out just at hotel for a day or two so would like some amenities beyond a small pool.
Does anyone have any other suggestions (want to be fairly close to WDW)? Did I mention it will be for my birthday :) ?? Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at Buena Vista Suites, and if so, can you please share your opinions of the hotel? There is a really good deal out there now for the dates I want to travel in Oct. (for my 50th b-day hurray!), but some of the reviews are scaring me -- moldy smells, bathroom falling apart, etc.
We usually stay at Marriott properties, esp the Residence Inns since we need suites (husband SNORES!). Not a hotel snob, but also like rooms in decent condition with comfy bedding.
If we stay at BV Suites, can we use Caribe Royale amenities? We'll be hanging out just at hotel for a day or two so would like some amenities beyond a small pool.
Does anyone have any other suggestions (want to be fairly close to WDW)? Did I mention it will be for my birthday :) ?? Thanks!

Have stayed but it's been awhile so "falling apart" may be happening, I don't know. The suite is a good size, set up similar to Embassy Suites. The breakfast was fine but the dining area too small for number of guests trying to use. The pool is very small but we were on park mode, not resort mode.

No you can not use Caribe and if you plan a day or two at hotel, this is not the place for you. Caribe does have suites that are almost just like Buena Vista, have you priced there? They used to do weekly specials that I booked with.

What is the ballpark rate you got so folks can point out some places for you? I know I've been looking at early Oct and prices are running higher than I normally pay.

Have stayed but it's been awhile so "falling apart" may be happening, I don't know. The suite is a good size, set up similar to Embassy Suites. The breakfast was fine but the dining area too small for number of guests trying to use. The pool is very small but we were on park mode, not resort mode.

No you can not use Caribe and if you plan a day or two at hotel, this is not the place for you. Caribe does have suites that are almost just like Buena Vista, have you priced there? They used to do weekly specials that I booked with.

What is the ballpark rate you got so folks can point out some places for you? I know I've been looking at early Oct and prices are running higher than I normally pay.

Thanks for the info. I think for sure not being able to use Caribe will be a deal-breaker, as you said, the pool looks small and nothing else to do.
I'd like to keep it in the $150 per night and under range, as this is an "extra" trip on top of our two yearly vacations.
We are also looking for early Oct. and I agree, the rates seem high. I did price Caribe and right now, I can stay at a Disney Springs hotel for about the same price, so I'd probably choose one of those if the prices stay that way. Hilton tuscany and Sheraton Vistana also have decent rates but have to juggle that with the fact it will be farther off property. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the info. I think for sure not being able to use Caribe will be a deal-breaker, as you said, the pool looks small and nothing else to do.
I'd like to keep it in the $150 per night and under range, as this is an "extra" trip on top of our two yearly vacations.
We are also looking for early Oct. and I agree, the rates seem high. I did price Caribe and right now, I can stay at a Disney Springs hotel for about the same price, so I'd probably choose one of those if the prices stay that way. Hilton tuscany and Sheraton Vistana also have decent rates but have to juggle that with the fact it will be farther off property. Decisions, decisions...

I really like the Disney Springs hotels, like being able to walk over there. Haven't stayed at that Hilton but have stayed at many others since that is our brand. Sheraton Vistana is nice, I really like interior of "condos", pools are nice and they offer eats etc right there.

I really like the Disney Springs hotels, like being able to walk over there. Haven't stayed at that Hilton but have stayed at many others since that is our brand. Sheraton Vistana is nice, I really like interior of "condos", pools are nice and they offer eats etc right there.

Yes, I'm thinking Sheraton Vistana or Wyndham Bonnet Creek might be good options as they are close -- and if I can get a few days from a timeshare owner, probably cheaper than hotel!

Yes, I'm thinking Sheraton Vistana or Wyndham Bonnet Creek might be good options as they are close -- and if I can get a few days from a timeshare owner, probably cheaper than hotel!

LOVE Bonnet Creek! Can't beat the location and amenities. It would be a top pick for me if I can get the right price.

We used to stay at Buena Vista or Caribe for a night or two at the beginning or end of our on site stays. Never again. The bed was comfy but that was it as the place needs a rehab. We have found any of the Marriott suites to be a better deal and stay.

In the $150/night range you can get a 3 bdrm townhouse with a private pool and or hot tub at Windsor hills. Soaking in the hot tub while the Kids sleep is the best! The resort pool is awesome as well. We rented through air bnb from an owner - you can even find rooms at cheap at $100/night when you book the week. We also love bonnet creek, but the extra space at windsor hills is really nice.

Thanks everyone. You all convinced me AGAINST BVS!! Ended up getting a 2 BR unit at WBC for about the same price. I will also keep Windsor Hills in mind for future visits. THANK YOU!

Thanks everyone. You all convinced me AGAINST BVS!! Ended up getting a 2 BR unit at WBC for about the same price. I will also keep Windsor Hills in mind for future visits. THANK YOU!

Who did you book through?

Who did you book through?
Wholesale Holiday Rentals. We don't travel until Oct. but their customer service thus far has been top-notch. They return emails within an hour or two during biz hours, but I even had someone return one at 10 pm, which I obviously wasn't expecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter