~~Buglet's Dreams can come true~~ Dream Factory Wish Pre-Trip Report

Many hugs :hug: Definitly understand the isolating aspect. Praying about Mayo.

Yay for the wish being official. Buglet is such a sweet boy! :lovestruc

bhaijo.jpg

:banana: An official member of the Dream Factory Family :banana:"]
gettingwish_zpsd13390db.jpg

Prep work has officially begun. Odds are we may not be home for 2 weeks before the trip so I need to have everything ready before we leave for Mayo. We worked on a countdown to the trip earlier today.

paperchain_zps1b96c1c4.jpg

The plan is to sit down and catch up on everyone's planning journals and then get down to work on our plans and and ADR.

week_zpsb7dbc0ba.jpg

Ok here is our official week. I am back to the planning phase officially. lol. My hubby will be coming and checking in here and so will family. Our kiddo's brain injury causes him to fatigue easily. Once he is fatigued the dominos just fall down one by one so the plan is to only go to one park a day. Disney World is familiar to him, but the other parks are not. The plan is

~~~Sunday~~~
GKTW7:30pm - 8:30pm The Worlds Largest Candy Land Party
At Matthews Boundless Playground!

~~~Monday~~~
GKTW: 8:00am - 8:30am Disney Character Photos
In Julies Safari Theatre and the Castle of Miracles

Park: Island of Adventure 9-7

GKTW: 7:30-8:30 pm Mayor Claytons Hare-Raising Halloween Party
On the Avenue of Angels!

~~~Tuesday~~~

Magic Kingdom 9-9 Goal of day- Meet Merida!

~~~Wednesday~~~

Epcot 9-9

~~~Thursday~~~
GKTW: 8:00am - 10:30am Disney Character Photos
In Julies Safari Theatre and the Castle of Miracles

Legoland 9:30-5

12:00 pm: LEGO® City LEGO City Stage The Big Test
1:00 pm Pirates Cove Ski Stadium Battle for Brickbeards Bounty
Fun Town Carousel Plaza - Character Meet & Greet
Meet some of our loveable LEGO® Characters! From our mascot Buddy to LEGO Club Max, you never know who you will run into! Characters appear for approximately 30 minutes throughout the day.

Hero Factory- Character Meet & Greet
LEGO® Hero Factory favorite, Stormer appears throughout the day for approximately 30 minutes to greet guests!

LEGO® Friends Shop
Meet some of the fantastic new LEGO Friends Characters! Characters appear for approximately 30 minutes throughout the day.

Pirates' Cove
Meet some of the cast of characters from The Battle for Brick Beard's Bounty. See in- park show guide for times!

GKTW: 6:30- 8:30 Winter Wonderland Festivities
Along the Avenue! Santa Claus, carriage rides and even a parade!

~~~Friday~~~

Hollywood Studios 9-9 ADR 8:15 Play n Dine before park opening!

GKTW: 7:30pm - 8:30pm Pirates and Princesses Party
With Shamu at the Serendipity Stage!

~~~Saturday~~~

If we have time before a flight Magic Kingdom 9-10

This is Buglet's father, Rob. It's been such a mind-stretching journey from April 2012 when we started to get answers to years of unanswered questions.

The Wish Factory trip in February is a god-send. It's great to see Amy planning for this. I'm excited and eager for Buglet to get the most out of his opportunity.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the well-wishes and kindness.

Glad he got his shirt!!! He looks soooo happy!:cool1: Your count down is great I should make something like that, he will have fun keeping track! Looks like you have a great plan for your trip!:)

Hi Rob :) Glad you finally started getting answers last year. So happy your family is getting this wish trip.

I am sure Buglet's friends enjoyed the snowmen! My dad is at the hospital almost every day for radiation or chemo, acupuncture, blood drawing or something else. They were blessed to find an amazing place for his treatment, and they are grateful for all the staff, like you are. They brought 2 dozen donuts to the parking valets, the biggest box of assorted chocolates I have ever seen for the staff in the phlebotomy clinic (mom paid $15 in the commissary for this), small boxes of chocolate for other staff. My mom found him a santa shirt and he wore his santa hat and had a lot of fun with it. I hope your Buglet had as much fun as my dad did delivering his goodies!

I hope mayo clinic has good answers for you.

I love the countdown chain! What a fun idea! How fun you are going to Lego Land. We are thinking of doing that during Trev's trip too as he loves legos almost as much as Star Wars!

Jackie

Buglet, Amy, and I took advantage of the recent snowfall to have a family activity and built a snowman. I'd upload the picture, but I don't have enough posts yet to qualify.

This requires some serious layering and bundling because Buglet's huge brain cyst(s) have impacted his thalamus -- which controls autonomic fucntions like body temperature, sweating, etc. We have to be super conscious of his body at all times.

You can see how proud he is (if I had enough posts)of having accomplished the feat. Even amazingly simple tasks are daunting when you have so many medical issues to contend with. Nothing can be taken for granted.

We continue to be excited about filling in details for the trip. I am blessed to have such a fantastic partner in Amy. She has a gift for this sort of thing that I sorely lack.

There's actually a thread that you can make your 10 posts on :) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31288549

So glad your family had a chance to build a snowman. Can't wait to see the picture.

We know how everyday activities become so daunting, and that those who have not experienced it just don't realize the impact it has on the family.

Wonderful that Amy is a great planner. :) I always shake my head when someone tells me how awful wdw is, when they went without making any plans. The DIS boards have been invaluable on our trips, and have provided info that led us to many magical experiences.

Keeping busy here. Thanks to all the past trip reports I was inspired to try my hand at making some t-shirts. Buglet helped with the cutting of stencils, placement, painting and removing. He is so excited.
shirts1_zps879f8a92.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement. :) It helps so much. Here is the photo Rob was unable to post.
snow_zpsc51450c2.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day. Yesterday I talked to Buglet about visual schedules. I made one for each park the last 2 trips to Disney. He said he wanted one for this trip. Ugh... Nap time today I will be starting the updating of those.

The shirts look great :) Glad Buglet was able to help with them. Love the cute snowman your family made. :lovestruc

Buglet is having a rough time today. Rob and I are always amazed at how just a little change in his diet can cause days of GI upset and mental fog. Yuck. After this reality check I am having second thoughts about Sea World. I wish that all the tickets were good for a year. It is so hard when a kiddo has decreased endurance. You want for them to experiece it all, but reality is they just cant...

Today I read thru a few completed trip reports. Many of the wish trippers spend a lot of time in the pool. Buglet can't do this. His autonomic dysfunction causes him to have trouble regulating his body temperature. Even in a heated pool he turns into an ice cube. He loves swimming. I hate stopping him from it, but he would get hypothermic in a less than 5 minutes. We are going to be skipping all the events that are pool side...

I am so grateful past wish trippers documented both good and bad experience. Reality is helpful :)

So sorry he's had a rough day. :hug: Praying tomorrow is better.

Sorry he's not able to swim. Angel loves swimming too, and it was really hard for her to miss out on her entire summer. I'm sure there are plenty of activities he can participate in, but I do know how hard it is to see your child miss out on something they would really like to do. :hug:

We had the opportunity to visit the local Children's Museum -- Wonderscope -- earlier this week and provide some feedback to assist them in planning a "different kids" evening event in collaboration with a local adviocacy group.

I cannot tell you how proud I was of my son for the kindness, manners, and insight he put on display for complete strangers as he transited each room of the museum. :love:

I also cannot begin to express my gratitude, love, and pride in my wife, Amy, for being such an outspoken advocate -- not just for our child, but for a variety of children across the exceptionality spectrum -- with practical suggestions that addressed a wide range of potential pitfalls that could lessen the positive outcome of this event for the target audience. :cloud9:

Buglet was able to show them things beyond their own view and expanded their notion of what a child with exceptionalities is.

Below is Buglet, hamming it up in the medical room. :worship:
VINCENTPLAYINGDOCTOR_zpsec7996e3.jpg

Hunni you are so sweet. I have been spending hours on the phone with the insurance company trying to make sure everything is going to be covered. I spend more time waiting then talking.

Buglet is a super sweetie, and everyone is always surprised when they find out he also has an autism diagnosis. His autism was caused by all the damage the cyst did. He is a very unique example on the spectrum and we try to make sure he is right out there advocating for services and help for the kids who can't advocate for themselves.

Buglet's damage to his frontal lobe causes him to think and speak slower, but that makes it better for many kiddos who use non-traditional forms of communication. Monday he kept going back for one little girl who is non-verbal and does not use any communication devices. He kept making sure she was ok and had something to entertain herself. He also tried to get her to join him in play. Good job Buglet!

Disney countdown continues, but I am consumed with getting ready for Mayo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter