Bugs in Magic Kingdom ?

greg9x

DIS Veteran
Yes, I know it's Florida.. but at the Halloween party the other night and got severe itching on my ankles in Frontier Land, this was shortly after getting off Splash. It was dark and couldn't see anything Next day had what looked like bed bug bites (from what seen on internet, never had them. Red, splotchy spots.. Not raised like mosquito) all over my ankles. I thoroughly checked the bed to make sure it wasn't indeed bed bugs.

Anyone ever get this ? Not sure what would cause this. Been to Disney at night quite a few times and never got anything like this.

If you do a search "Disney Rash" it should answer your questions.

Hmm... Interesting, it does appear that is what it could be. Thanks. Have never heard about it before. Weird how it felt itchy all the sudden like stepped in a nest of something.

Love how it says it affects older people... Since turning 50 next month... The ailments begin !

Hmm... Interesting, it does appear that is what it could be. Thanks. Have never heard about it before. Weird how it felt itchy all the sudden like stepped in a nest of something.

Love how it says it affects older people... Since turning 50 next month... The ailments begin !
LOL - it can really happen to anyone. I have trained for and run full marathons in the heat, never had a problem with anything like this. Go to Disney for a few days, walk a few miles, come back with the rash. It goes away fast though!

Yes, I know it's Florida.. but at the Halloween party the other night and got severe itching on my ankles in Frontier Land, this was shortly after getting off Splash. It was dark and couldn't see anything Next day had what looked like bed bug bites (from what seen on internet, never had them. Red, splotchy spots.. Not raised like mosquito) all over my ankles. I thoroughly checked the bed to make sure it wasn't indeed bed bugs.

Anyone ever get this ? Not sure what would cause this. Been to Disney at night quite a few times and never got anything like this.
Been multiple summers & never had bug issues at any of the parks. Bed bugs aren't always easy to find, so that's still a possibility.

OMG Disney Rash. Lol. One of my daughters gets it and I got it for the first time ever last June. I thought when I wrapped my legs around chair legs that I had rubbed them on something I was allergic to. We assumed it was all an allergic reaction for years now. That is until I saw this thread. I want to thank the OP for asking the question and the people who replied with “Disney Rash”. Also, it’s not just older people for sure. My daughter is only 34 and only weighed about 115 when it started and has been getting it since her late 20’s. After all this time we finally know what it is! Thanks again everyone!

I am fair skinned and get Disney Rash very time! Does anyone have any tips to prevent it? I’ll be bringing aloe gel to keep in our room fridge for sure this time.

My daughter (47) and I get this rash every trip to WDW. We bring a good supply of Vitamin E capsules which we cut open and put the oil on the rash. It works great to heal the skin.

My wife was just talking to a co-worker who said she was cleaning her daughters room and found a bed bug. She called the exterminator to ask what to do now and during the discussion she said she had no idea where it could've come from. The exterminator told her it could take up to 90 days for them to manifest themselves and when she did the math it tied into the time they visited WDW in April. She called Disney and told them what she found and where they stayed, POFQ. They said they would have somebody call her back. Well it went a few days and she sort of gave up when she got a call. The person confirmed that they found bed bugs in the room number she gave and then told her that they will pay all costs to remedy the situation at her house and this may end up being in the thousand of dollars. It will be interesting to see how this all is fully resolved but WDW is certainly extending itself to make this guest whole.

Wow. I got this on our last trip at POFQ 10/2017. Saw my GP when we got home and was prescribed Triamcinolone cream. Most of its gone on my right ankle, but the left still has spots. The redness went away but they are now dark brown stitches. Hoped that wil some sun they would go away, but nope.
Have tried everything. Finished the tube of prescription cream, neosporin, aloe gel and still have the splotches. Will try Vitamin E capsules and calagel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!