Build lightsaber and guests

MrMichaelJames

Earning My Ears
So we will be going end of Feb 2020. I have myself, wife and 2 little kids. Looks like only 2 guests allowed in with the person building which would mean a kid left out. How strict are they with this when it comes to having little kids? Would be a deal breaker if I had to choose to just take one of my kids in because I could have wife and 2 kids. Anyone do the building of this with little kids as guests + an adult?

Actually, only one person is allowed in per builder. They may let you take both kids in but probably not all four of you. From what I've read there's not much space.

It is 1 builder + 1 guest regardless of age right now and they were being pretty strict from what I could tell this weekend.
For the 4 of you to go in, you would need 2 reservations.

On the disneyland page it says:
The experience area is limited to the builder and 2 Guests—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older

I can't actually get to the disney world page due to a server error.

It is 1 builder + 1 guest regardless of age right now and they were being pretty strict from what I could tell this weekend.
For the 4 of you to go in, you would need 2 reservations.

Hmm bummer. Not sure if my 9 year old would be able to take a decent pic/video of me doing it, and know for sure my 5 year old wouldn't be able to, not paying $400 bucks for 2 reservations. Thanks.

They do NOT want parents leaving children unattended (or a situation in which one kid has to stay out and ends up being a mess), so they've let things slide as far as that goes, at least at DL. As far as whole families... I'm not sure. I think I had heard them let parties of four in but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee.

They do NOT want parents leaving children unattended (or a situation in which one kid has to stay out and ends up being a mess), so they've let things slide as far as that goes, at least at DL. As far as whole families... I'm not sure. I think I had heard them let parties of four in but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking as well. I'm sure my 5 year old would not at all be happy that her sister gets to go in with dad but in order for both kids to be safe while I'm building mom would need to be in there also. I guess it totally depends upon what the cast members are feeling like at the moment.

I can say it was the builder and (1) guest period, VERY strict with that and they need to be, the shop is not that big and is very personal, it is very quite during the speech and after the build, it would not be the same with little johhny running around screaming and touching everything. I was pleased it was that way. The guy next to me when paying was trying to get his 3 kids in there and after a few chatting back and forth with the CM, a different CM with a blueish shirt came to talk to him and then after the man getting pretty testy, he was told he had a choice to make, I did not see him in the group I was with........

Attachments

• 20190903_232341.jpg
    20190903_232341.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190829_083241.jpg
    20190829_083241.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
I can say it was the builder and (1) guest period, VERY strict with that and they need to be, the shop is not that big and is very personal, it is very quite during the speech and after the build, it would not be the same with little johhny running around screaming and touching everything. I was pleased it was that way. The guy next to me when paying was trying to get his 3 kids in there and after a few chatting back and forth with the CM, a different CM with a blueish shirt came to talk to him and then after the man getting pretty testy, he was told he had a choice to make, I did not see him in the group I was with........
Good to know, I did inform my wife last night that if I do it our 9 year old will only be let in and she will have to stay outside with our 5 year old. Still have time to think about if thats what I really want to do but good to know what I need to do.

Hmm bummer. Not sure if my 9 year old would be able to take a decent pic/video of me doing it, and know for sure my 5 year old wouldn't be able to, not paying $400 bucks for 2 reservations. Thanks.

I think if you have five months you can teach your nine year old to take a good video. Or is the problem that the five year old won't want to be left out?

Good to know, I did inform my wife last night that if I do it our 9 year old will only be let in and she will have to stay outside with our 5 year old. Still have time to think about if thats what I really want to do but good to know what I need to do.

Now that was on opening day the 29th, so not sure if they relaxed a bit but I hope not as too many people in that small space just would not be the same and or as personal as she walked about and looked at each of us in the eye, chatted as if it was just her and me, such a great experance....

IMHO, you aren't going to get great video or pictures of the builder during the experience anyway. The builder's guests are behind them during the building process. I attempted to video DS11 while he was building and I was just too close and his back was to me the whole time. I kind of videotaped his hands while he built and most of the video is of the leader of the experience. I would suggest, for a decent photo, simply waiting a little before exiting the room and have your DD9 take your picture with your lightsaber then. For better pictures, try to plan to be in SWGE after dark and look for some Photopass photographers or do some photos with your own camera then. You will get much better pictures with your lightsaber with the Millenium Falcon in the background!

Now that was on opening day the 29th, so not sure if they relaxed a bit but I hope not as too many people in that small space just would not be the same and or as personal as she walked about and looked at each of us in the eye, chatted as if it was just her and me, such a great experance....

I wholeheartedly agree. The space is very small and the quiet aspect of experience really lends to the whole story. There really is no room in there for more than 1 guest per builder and anyone being loud or misbehaving will probably not be looked upon kindly by those who are spending $200 for this experience.

I think if you have five months you can teach your nine year old to take a good video. Or is the problem that the five year old won't want to be left out?

Yeah its mostly about the 5 year old feeling left out that big sis gets to do yet another thing that she doesn't get to do. Maybe the solution is to do it myself and the kids stay outside with mom then have the pics taken when I come outside or me to just snap pics on my own while in there. The kids are way more well behaved than other kids (I'm not just saying that, they really are), so noise and misbehaving is not a concern at all, its more of the left out feeling. If it were cheaper (say $100 instead of $200) I would definitely let everyone do it, but not at $200 a pop, they should have a bulk purchase discount :)

On a side note I can't get the page for this to load on the disney web site to even look at times for our trip. It constantly throws server error page.

If it were cheaper (say $100 instead of $200) I would definitely let everyone do it, but not at $200 a pop, they should have a bulk purchase discount :)

What if Mom and 5 year old built a droid while you and 9 year old built the light saber? Droids are $100. Still a lot but not as much as two light sabers.

What if Mom and 5 year old built a droid while you and 9 year old built the light saber? Droids are $100. Still a lot but not as much as two light sabers.

Yeah they want to do that also :) 9 year old would be pretty miffed if sister got a droid and she didn't. I'm thinking I'll do a lightsaber and let the 2 kiddos build droids. No one says Disney is inexpensive!

I’m going in October with a 7 year old and 2 year old. The 7 year old is building and I’m the guest. So, does that mean I can’t have the 2 year old with me?

I’m going in October with a 7 year old and 2 year old. The 7 year old is building and I’m the guest. So, does that mean I can’t have the 2 year old with me?

Not sure on that as it states builder and "one" guest, last week they were very strict on that as when I was paying a man got pretty testy with the CM and a mgr type came over to talk to him, he was even more testy and overheard him tell the man he had a choice to make, and was stated I did not see him in our group. It is such a personal, quite thing that I can see why they limit the people in there, it needs to be quite, calm so the story feeds you and you feel the experience it would NOT be the same if we were squished in there and having little johnny running around and screaming touching, complaining, it is rather long experience @ 20 mins or so, whos knows as a parent can not leave a kid alone regardless of the age in GE, ask away, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter