Building preferences onsite?

Carolina26

Earning My Ears
Staying onsite as a single parent, proximity to buses is key for me - how do you choose which building to request? Below are the places we’ve stayed so far...hoping others will share their preferences for onsite resorts.

All Star Music, standard...would not stay again unless in a preferred room due to distance to the bus.
Art of Animation, Mermaid..would not stay again unless in a suite due to distance to the bus.
POP Century, preferred...stayed in the 60’s and loved the location.
Coronado Springs, standard... stayed in the Cabanas and loved the location.
All Star Sports, preferred...stayed in Surf’s Up but room was on the far end of preferred.

Upcoming trips
Caribbean Beach, standard...requested Jamaica.
All Star Movies, preferred...trying to decide whether to request Toy Story or Dalmatians.

Last edited:
I'm not help, but I"m curious too. My first trip is in Feb, and we have a preferred room at All Star Movies. I was told 101 Dalmatians is a good one, but I would love to hear what everyone suggests.

I'm not help, but I"m curious too. My first trip is in Feb, and we have a preferred room at All Star Movies. I was told 101 Dalmatians is a good one, but I would love to hear what everyone suggests.

I can let you know about ASMo at the end of September. :D

A friend stayed in Dalmations and liked it...Toy Story looks closer to the bus by a hair on the map, and I hear there's a playground there too.

I wouldn't request a building, I'd just request to be close to transportation.

I wouldn't request a building, I'd just request to be close to transportation.
That doesn't work for resorts like PORS and CBR. Every section is "close to transportation". Plus, that request is more likely to get you a beautiful view of the surrounding parking lots! (Wink)

All Stars - Just wouldn't stay there at all
Pop - 50s or 60s, Garden View
AoA - If walk is important, and not in a family Suite, just skip it. Stay at Pop.
CBR - Aruba or Jamaica "near the bridge"
PORS - 80, 85 or 90
POFQ - 3 or 4 ( though doesn't really matter, the resort is tiny...)

Our first trip we had preferred at All-Star Movies and they put us in the 101 Dalmations building. We were in the building right next to the main building and it was great. It's building 1. The thing about All-Star Movies unlike Music is that all but 2 sections are preferred rooms. So 6 of 10 buildings are considered preferred rooms there. Just the 2 building at the front at All-Star Music (Calypso I believe) are preferred.

Edited to add: I agree 60s area at Pop is great. We stayed there in 2013. Were it not for the fact I couldn't push the stroller straight in from the back of the main building (had to go around or fold it because it was just steps), it would have been perfect. We did love Pop.

I requested Toy Story for our 2nd trip in 2012 because that's what my children asked for. If you're deciding between those two sections and want to be close to the bus area, Dalmations is closer for sure. Next would be Fantasia, which are the two buildings facing the main pool. They are right behind the main building. Toy Story doesn't look further away on the map (I pasted one below); but because of how the walkway is set up, it took us a bit to get to our building. We were in building 9. They might be a short cut by building 10. I never found it. Toy Story is definitely a fun area though. My children loved it. Part of the reason we never found a short cut was because they never wanted to go a day without visiting RC on the way back. He's on the walkway between Cinema Hall and entrance to Andy's Room. You'll also notice on the map there's a DSA to walk past too. It was bothersome at times. I'd power walk to get ds past it as fast as I could. He has reactive airway disease, my daughter would usually sprint.

553862_3867283534752_1842462734_n.jpg

Last edited:
Our first trip we had preferred at All-Star Movies and they put us in the 101 Dalmations building. We were in the building right next to the main building and it was great. It's building 1. The thing about All-Star Movies unlike Music is that all but 2 sections are preferred rooms. So 6 of 10 buildings are considered preferred rooms there. Just the 2 building at the front at All-Star Music (Calypso I believe) are preferred.

Edited to add: I agree 60s area at Pop is great. We stayed there in 2013. Were it not for the fact I couldn't push the stroller straight in from the back of the main building (had to go around or fold it because it was just steps), it would have been perfect. We did love Pop.

I requested Toy Story for our 2nd trip in 2012 because that's what my children asked for. If you're deciding between those two sections and want to be close to the bus area, Dalmations is closer for sure. Next would be Fantasia, which are the two buildings facing the main pool. They are right behind the main building. Toy Story doesn't look further away on the map (I pasted one below); but because of how the walkway is set up, it took us a bit to get to our building. We were in building 9. They might be a short cut by building 10. I never found it. Toy Story is definitely a fun area though. My children loved it. Part of the reason we never found a short cut was because they never wanted to go a day without visiting RC on the way back. He's on the walkway between Cinema Hall and entrance to Andy's Room. You'll also notice on the map there's a DSA to walk past too. It was bothersome at times. I'd power walk to get ds past it as fast as I could. He has reactive airway disease, my daughter would usually sprint.

553862_3867283534752_1842462734_n.jpg

Thanks so much for all the details!!

I can let you know about ASMo at the end of September. :D

A friend stayed in Dalmations and liked it...Toy Story looks closer to the bus by a hair on the map, and I hear there's a playground there too.
How do yall get these cute countdowns? I want one! lol

Thanks so much for all the details!!

You're welcome. I'm curious to hear how you like the CBR and how the transportation is if you use it. We have only stayed in the Value resorts. Thinking of going moderate the next time; but those multiple bus stops kind of have me wondering how it will be. Because of school schedules we always have to go when it is pretty busy. How was Coronado Springs? I read a TR where someone stayed there and it always seemed they had great results with the bus service even though it was spring break, which is when I'm considering for our next trip. I know it will be really crowded; but I'm kind of wanting to go when it's cooler. Our last 3 trips have been in June.

You're welcome. I'm curious to hear how you like the CBR and how the transportation is if you use it. We have only stayed in the Value resorts. Thinking of going moderate the next time; but those multiple bus stops kind of have me wondering how it will be. Because of school schedules we always have to go when it is pretty busy. How was Coronado Springs? I read a TR where someone stayed there and it always seemed they had great results with the bus service even though it was spring break, which is when I'm considering for our next trip. I know it will be really crowded; but I'm kind of wanting to go when it's cooler. Our last 3 trips have been in June.

CSR was awesome and we were there at Spring Break too! The multiple bus stops were no problem at all, but we did wait a few times (for what seemed like FOREVER) for the bus to come...a big bummer when we drug ourselves out of bed for rope drop and then stood at the bus stop for 45 minutes in the dark!! Other that, I loved that the bus stops were more relaxed and not as crowded as the value ones typically are.

p.s. The main pool at CSR is so much fun, and the food choices are vastly better than value food courts...we stayed on a room discount and it wasn't much more cost than a value resort...totally worth it!!

For the Values, Pop or AoA. Busses, busses, busses!

For the mods, I prefer CBR (though I haven't stayed there for years, because I'm trying to cycle through all the resorts), Aruba or Jamaica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!