Burger King; yay or nay?

A couple of times a year I’ll get the urge for a whopper. So many have closed and the remaining ones seem to be in bad areas. The last time I stopped it was like being in a homeless shelter.

Yay....don't go often but we like it
There is one very close to us.
Whopper meal with coupon for us

Our family eats there occasionally. Personally I have a bond with Burger King all because of a Burger King doll my Daddy got me when I was 4 years old. Every time I hear the words Burger King the doll comes to mind. :D I know I’m weird. LOL
89BC684A-8358-43F4-9699-643F69063892.jpeg

I love a Whopper!!!!
I have to resist the urge to pull into the parking lot every Wednesday.
Whopper Wednesday :P

Hold the mayo though.

I am pro Burger King usually. I went to one near me last week and the place was FILTHY, which I only noticed after we ordered and paid. The wait in line was minutes, there were only 2 people in front of me. We waited close to a half hour for 2 Whoppers. I actually did the survey and gave them a really negative review. Oh and the bun was stale, the meat cold and the onions were giant slabs. It was disgusting. May be skipping that Burger King for awhile.

Usually I like the Whopper Jr. but my husband treated and he wanted the regular Whopper.

Nay.

No matter what I get there, it triggers my medical issues. No idea why. I can eat at pretty much any other place and have no issues.

Yay - especially for breakfast. Love their ham croissanwich and French toast sticks.

They have coupons often so we go occasionally for burgers, I like the whopper junior. Used to not like their fries but the last couple times they have been really good.

I can’t eat burgers for the most part forget the overly greasy burgers from fast food joints so a nay for me.
That is WHY we eat at Burger King, the flame broiling burns off the grease. We go wine tasting every couple of months and Burger King is our go to stop for lunch on the way. I want food in my tummy before wine tasting, and we can order off the Value Menu and get out of there for $6 for two people. That leaves more money for buying wine.

Yay! Have always loved Whoppers. Matter of fact, was thinking of having one for lunch today, lol.
BK has cleaned up their restaurants & service in the past couple years.
I usually get the Whopper, fries & drink. ( I have been known to get a double Whopper on days when I only have one meal)

Don’t know. Only animals make cholesterol that much I know. The doctor said to eat a more plant based diet. I’m trying but a good burger is a weakness.

It’s still the conventional belief that high saturated fat levels (and not necessarily direct consumption of cholesterol) contribute to higher blood cholesterol levels.

https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/fats/saturated-fats
Impossible Foods has specifically said that they don’t consider their plant based substitutes to be any healthier than meat. Their claim is that it uses fewer resources to produce. Meat is generally inefficient.

Our family eats there occasionally. Personally I have a bond with Burger King all because of a Burger King doll my Daddy got me when I was 4 years old. Every time I hear the words Burger King the doll comes to mind. :D I know I’m weird. LOL
View attachment 457274
What I remember about them was their toys and special novelty items. The toy I recall most was this small flying disc with a notch. The notch was for a a handle that inserted and it could be launched with the a spring effect. OK - called “Flip n Fly”.

1970s-1980s-BURGER-KING-FLIP.jpg

They also had a Star Wars drinking glass promotion. They were nice, but thin glass of a style common in the 70s. I believe every one I had eventually broke.

f34bd1b1f58cbb9e586c826120a0c206.jpg

It’s still the conventional belief that high saturated fat levels (and not necessarily direct consumption of cholesterol) contribute to higher blood cholesterol levels.
Well that much I do know. I haven’t looked into the Impossible Burger other than thinking it might be an alternative. The IDK was specific to the coconut oil being high in saturated fat. Never used or looked at it. Though it seems to be pretty trendy these days.

Guess I’ll be skipping BK all together then.

Well that much I do know. I haven’t looked into the Impossible Burger other than thinking it might be an alternative. The IDK was specific to the coconut oil being high in saturated fat. Never used or looked at it. Though it seems to be pretty trendy these days.

Guess I’ll be skipping BK all together then.

Coconut oil is the absolute highest in saturated fat of all oils (90% of its fats). It’s a reasonably hard solid at room temperature. Impossible Burger patties are cut with sunflower oil though.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/coconut-oil
Still, there are all these fad diets where the proponents claim that saturated fat isn’t a problem, like Atkins. That’s what I was getting at.

Still, there are all these fad diets where the proponents claim that saturated fat isn’t a problem, like Atkins. That’s what I was getting at.
Thank you.
In general fad diets aren’t that great for overall health. We’ve had cabbage soup diets, grapefruit diets, etc. Now Akins & Keto.

Impossible Foods has specifically said that they don’t consider their plant based substitutes to be any healthier than meat. Their claim is that it uses fewer resources to produce. Meat is generally inefficient.
Given how much processing is involved in making an Impossible burger, that's pretty remarkable. But it is a nice option for my daughter who is vegetarian. But as her Doctor who is also vegetarian.... puts it.........."eat the vegetables, not some highly processed product made from vegetables."

Given how much processing is involved in making an Impossible burger, that's pretty remarkable. "

I think the Impossible burger is made with some kind of pea protein isolate - closest thing is probably the lentils in this chart. So even with a lot of processing to get the end result, it's nowhere close to the beef carbon footprint.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-top-10-foods-with-the-biggest-environmental-footprint-2015-9457322

I found the following ...
  • The carbon footprint of the latest Impossible Burger recipe is 89% smaller than a burger made from real beef, according to a science-based life cycle assessment released by the company this week. The report found the Impossible Burger reduces environmental impacts in every category studied, resulting in use of 87% less water, 96% less land, 89% fewer greenhouse gas emissions and 92% fewer aquatic pollutants.
  • The assessment was verified by the Swiss sustainability consulting group Quantis, the company said in a release. It looked at impacts of producing the plant-based Impossible Burger compared to beef in the industrial livestock system across these environmental categories.
  • "We are dead serious about our mission of providing vastly more sustainable options than livestock in the food chain," Patrick Brown, Impossible Foods’ CEO, chairman and founder, said in a release. "To do that, we have to make meat that’s delicious, nutritious, versatile and affordable — and it must also be vastly more efficient and sustainable than anything else on the market."
https://www.fooddive.com/news/impos...ch-smaller-carbon-footprint-than-beef/551073/
So yeah, that's the reason to eat it, not because it's healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter