Burger King; yay or nay?

Sometimes because of coupons and expenses we do on Thursdaya take out night.
There use to be a place called Jacks around here. It was a remnant of Jack in the box. They had great tasting tacos and BK must have brought there recipe. Tastes just like it.

I used to have one 5 minutes from my house...along with Arby’s and McDonald’s right in a row. When I was feeling extra disgusting, I’d get a little something from all 3 and then go back home and pig out. It was glorious!
Anyway, at BK I’d get a whopper jr with cheese and bacon, a rodeo burger, and large onion rings with zesty sauce. Sometimes I’d also get a cherry and coke mixed slushy

I like BK cause it’s flame grilled burgers. We have one in walking distance but we don’t go too often because we are watching calories at the moment.

I really like Arby’s but there are none near me. We used to have several Roy Rogers in the area when I first moved here in the ‘80s but they’re all gone now.
Roy Rogers was very good. Seems like we found one during our travels just a few years ago. Arby’s is good. But I never hardly go. But we did go a few weeks ago. My wife had never been to one. She’s not a fast food type. But she really liked it.

Given how much processing is involved in making an Impossible burger, that's pretty remarkable. But it is a nice option for my daughter who is vegetarian. But as her Doctor who is also vegetarian.... puts it.........."eat the vegetables, not some highly processed product made from vegetables."

It’s certainly not an ideal product for anyone who doesn’t eat meat for ideological reasons (opposition to slaughtering of animal) given that most restaurants don’t segregate their grills/griddles. They're absolutely upfront that their heme is made via a GMO engineered to produce it.

In the end, raising animals for slaughter is grossly inefficient. Processing vegetables to turn into meat like patties is considerably more efficient than growing animals for meat. The big fear in the world now is that China is developing the world’s largest middle class, and right now they are starting to want meat at a considerably higher level. I guess India doesn’t have quite the same issue since the majority of the population is vegetarian.

I don’t eat beef anymore but I used to get cravings for Whoppers. I cannot stand their fries. My husband used to work at a factory that make both McDonalds fries and Burger King fries and I used to joke around with him and ask how the same place can make such delicious fries and gross ones as well.

It’s certainly not an ideal product for anyone who doesn’t eat meat for ideological reasons (opposition to slaughtering of animal) given that most restaurants don’t segregate their grills/griddles. They're absolutely upfront that their heme is made via a GMO engineered to produce it.

In the end, raising animals for slaughter is grossly inefficient. Processing vegetables to turn into meat like patties is considerably more efficient than growing animals for meat. The big fear in the world now is that China is developing the world’s largest middle class, and right now they are starting to want meat at a considerably higher level. I guess India doesn’t have quite the same issue since the majority of the population is vegetarian.
Yet the Impossible Burger costs three times what ground beef does. https://www.businessinsider.com/the-impossible-burger-is-too-expensive-2019-9

I just had a Whopper Jr. and fries. It is a once or twice a year fast food/eating out/in - wether it's Burger King or Wendy's ( I like Wendy's salads). McD - we go for the fish filet.

The only reason why I went tonite is because DH is not home and he won't eat burgers. It's my one night of what I call "junk/fast food". Hopefully no tummy ache later.

We only eat out couple times a month so don’t order anything at any restaurant enough to have a go to order.
BK is fine the once every few years we may order from there.

That's the price now, but they claim it should eventually be cheaper than real ground beef. That's mentioned in the article you linked.
Yes, in the article, they hope in 5 years.

Yes, in the article, they hope in 5 years.

Some companies with a novel product or business model have just taken a loss in an attempt to build market share. It failed miserably with Webvan and Pets.com but worked with Amazon.com. However, there’s no lack of demand for Impossible Foods at their current prices. They’re getting plenty of early adopters willing to pay a premium that will keep them from hemorrhaging money.

Some companies with a novel product or business model have just taken a loss in an attempt to build market share. It failed miserably with Webvan and Pets.com but worked with Amazon.com. However, there’s no lack of demand for Impossible Foods at their current prices. They’re getting plenty of early adopters willing to pay a premium that will keep them from hemorrhaging money.
Yup. I had 2 vegetarians at my Thanksgiving table this year and bought Beyond Meat sausages at $2 each for them.
Amazon is an amazing story. Wrote many stories years ago on them being a "hugely successful company that was losing money".
And then there are Razor Scooters. Bought both my kids one about 20 years ago for $125. They are selling for $23 now.

Surprisingly it’s a YAY for me.
I only go once or twice a year, and it’s always after I’ve had a really bad migraine. My body starts craving it- I’m guessing it’s the salt I’m really craving. I haven’t tried the impossible burger. I always get the Garden burger there and a small French fry. Yum!

The Impossible Whopper is actually delicious, too. Tastes like an actual Whopper.
I don't know how one can say anything of the sort. The Impossible Whopper tastes nothing like a Whopper, nothing like a hamburger, nothing like beef. It does have flavor, it's an extremely heavy chemical flavor to me, and I found it disgusting tasting.

My girls, 19 and 16, both like it. We don't eat Burger King very often, they tore them all down in town many years ago and just recently built a new one. In my younger years ate Whoppers all the time, they were $0.99. All the time read as often I ate 2 Whoppers for lunch then 2 Whoppers for dinner.

Anyways, today, my choice is a Whopper with cheese no onion and add bacon. Then I get a look from the cashier after the no onions when I get a medium onion ring, LOL.

You must of caught them on an off day then because multiple people have said that it tastes like a whopper, even though everyone knows its not beef.

Not a fan. I probably haven't been to Burger King in over 10 years. Even when I was younger and ate more fast food, BK was always 4th or 5th on my list.

There's a food stand at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly that sells Impossible (or Beyond) burgers, "cheesesteaks," and "sausage" sandwiches. It was fairly busy.

I really like Arby’s but there are none near me. We used to have several Roy Rogers in the area when I first moved here in the ‘80s but they’re all gone now.

I always liked Roy Rogers the best. If you're in the AC area, the closest is on Route 9 in Bayville, a bit south of Toms River. There are still one or two in the NJ Turnpike rest areas. Several dozen in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter