bus transfers...

pagemaker

Mouseketeer
something we noticed upon debarking from the ship... among the swarm of people getting on dcl buses to go back to the airport, there were no CMs asking for any documentation that proved you had paid to do so... only how many people were in your party and what airline... was this rare, or is it common practice?

dh commented how this would never happen in nyc and wondered how many people were abusing the honor system.

I don't think I've ever been asked for a bus ticket. When we check in for the busses before the cruise, they do, but never after getting off the ship. I guess that if you haven't paid for the bus, you have some other form of transportation arranged, so they don't feel the need to check. They do sell 1-way tickets on board prior to debarkation. I would also guess that they have records of how many bus tickets they've sold and how many people they actually transport to the airport. If the numbers got too out of whack, I'm sure they would remedy the situation. Until then, I would imagine a few people could slip through, although I wonder a) whether people would actually try to slide by on a $22 bus ticket after forking over the several thousand dollars a cruise costs; and b) how many people would count on being able to get away with this in order to make a flight home.

We've cruised twice, and been asked both times for our names. Once we were heading to the airport, this last time we were heading back to a resort.

In fact, on this last trip, we had to show our receipt. I think this was because we purchased transfers when we arrived at the hotel (Dolphin) and perhaps the records hadn't been updated, although it was a week later!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter