Bus transportation from Grand Floridian and Poly

hart6066

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of staying at a DVC for the first time at either Poly or GF. Question about bus to DAK and DHS--do they share a bus? Do they arrive early enough for RD? If they share, which resort is picked up first--thinking about whether a bus could be almost full by the time it gets to you? We are going the week before Christmas so thinking ahead about crowds. Thank you!

We've stayed at both The Poly and the GF several times and never had any problems with the busses being there in time for a nice early rope drop.

I don't remember which picks up first, but I don't remember ever not being able to get on a bus when it did arrive.

We are thinking of staying at a DVC for the first time at either Poly or GF. Question about bus to DAK and DHS--do they share a bus? Do they arrive early enough for RD? If they share, which resort is picked up first--thinking about whether a bus could be almost full by the time it gets to you? We are going the week before Christmas so thinking ahead about crowds. Thank you!
Poly and Grand share a bus to AK and a bus to HS.
Poly gets picked up first. Yes… if you catch the first bus you will arrive in time for rope drop.

Last edited:
Resort to park transportation begins running approximately one hour before stated early opening time, and if you want to be on the first bus it’s recommended that you be at the bus stop 30 minutes prior, i.e. 90 minutes before early opening time.

A common strategy is to keep in mind rideshare as backup. Plan to use the bus each morning but be ready to pivot if a hiccup comes along. Have the app and payment choice ready to go. Be ready to make a judgement call between bus/rideshare if you are late, larger than typical crowd at busstop early, delayed bus, etc.

Not foolproof but sometimes it’s obvious that $20 rideshare will be worth every dollar. Hopefully most of the time bus option goes smooth enough not to consider alternative. Then if you need rideshare a couple times it’s an acceptable expense in the overall big picture of your trip.

The park buses only go to one resort until 11am, when they begin the shared route. So, your early morning bus won't share. But the later buses will. Poly is first, the GF, then on to the park.

As above I do not remember the buses being shared in the mornings or at park close. I will add if transportation is most important between the 2….. Being able to walk to/from the TTC monorail station will save time going to EPCOT but to me more important walking down a ramp and back up the other side to get the resort monorail is the I should have stayed at the POLY moment.

As above I do not remember the buses being shared in the mornings or at park close. I will add if transportation is most important between the 2…
They only use the park buses for AK and HS. Disney Springs shares between the two resorts all the time.

As above I do not remember the buses being shared in the mornings or at park close. I will add if transportation is most important between the 2….. Being able to walk to/from the TTC monorail station will save time going to EPCOT but to me more important walking down a ramp and back up the other side to get the resort monorail is the I should have stayed at the POLY moment.
They share at park close and Poly is dropped off first. I don't remember ever sharing at rope drop if I'm honest.

I've stayed at both resorts and have always made it to rope drop at all parks. I've never not been able to get on a bus because it's been full.

Resort to park transportation begins running approximately one hour before stated early opening time, and if you want to be on the first bus it’s recommended that you be at the bus stop 30 minutes prior, i.e. 90 minutes before early opening time.
This is the key. Always do this and you’ll never miss rope drop from any hotel.

I've never not been able to get on a bus because it's been full.
I’ve encountered full buses and having to wait for the next one at multiple resorts Deluxes included, especially at rope drop time when you arrive and 50 people are waiting in front of you. 90 mins before opening no but even 60 mins before opening yes.

I’ve encountered full buses and having to wait for the next one at multiple resorts Deluxes included, especially at rope drop time when you arrive and 50 people are waiting in front of you. 90 mins before opening no but even 60 mins before opening yes.
That extra 30 minutes does put you ahead of the crowd. It's a hard sell to the family though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter