Busch Gardens: general information

Buy A Fun Card

Park Info

Rides & Attractions

Transportation SW to BG: https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp

Last edited:
i will be added links to the above post.
if you have any that will be beneficial to the viewers in this forum please list them

i will move your suggested links to the above post so it won't get lost as conversations and questions begin.

mac - great idea to see info re Busch Gardens in one place.

"free" transportation to BG from SW area

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp

as long as you have purchased a ticket to BG

from what i've been told, bus arrives at approx 10:3 am and departs approx an hour prior to park closure (times vary, you are informed when you make the reservation). Not the longest day in the parks, but a viable option for those who don't want to drive.

Fantastic idea mac.........

As someone who knows nothing about BG.........this sticky is a good one........we see lots of folks asking about BG, so this is ideal.

Thanks for creating a much wanted sticky :thumbsup2

Just saw an ad for the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant. Used to always eat at the Colony House so excited to be going to BG this year and have the opportunity to eat there again. Does anyone know the price of the All You Can Eat Buffet offered there?

Does anyone know if the Mears shuttle from Orlando Busch Gardens is free for pass holders? I know it's free with a Busch Gardens ticket, but I have a platinum pass.

I don't know about Mears but if you are staying at the UO hotels, there is a daily round trip bus from there to BG daily for $10 rt

Busses has restrooms and makes some stops along the way from UO to BG
There is a pick up in the wdw area

I don't know about Mears but if you are staying at the UO hotels, there is a daily round trip bus from there to BG daily for $10 rt

Busses has restrooms and makes some stops along the way from UO to BG
There is a pick up in the wdw area

Thanks. I'll be staying at Springhill Suites SeaWorld and Mears has a pickup at SeaWorld which is also $10 round trip. It is free if you have a Busch Gardens ticket. I will be prepared to pay the $10 and I'll report back if it is free for pass holders in case anyone is interested.

I just checked the route and looks like Mears is handling it

Must be the same bus that does the loop from UO

Do let us know if it is now free

Could be the charge is for those starting from the beginning of the run from UO

So share with us if that is not the case

Free is always best !

Just saw an ad for the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant. Used to always eat at the Colony House so excited to be going to BG this year and have the opportunity to eat there again. Does anyone know the price of the All You Can Eat Buffet offered there?
I was just there Oct. 23, exploring vegetarian options with the All Day Dining wristband ($34 plus tax). The buffet at the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant (formerly Colony House) was $19, or $6 extra if you have ADD for that day. I didn't opt for the upcharge or take the second set of stairs up the table-service section, but the menu looked interesting. Don't know if soft drinks were included in that charge. I'll try to get a photo of the menu next time I'm there; the BG website lists these for the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet: “Our Famous” Southern Fried Chicken; Beer Battered Fried Fish; Braised Pork; Classic Jambalaya; Pasta, Peas and Tomatoes in a Parmesan Cream Sauce; Fresh Vegetable of the Day; Mac n Cheese Gratin; Seasoned Mashed Potatoes; Assorted Salads. I'm sure there were more salads listed on the display.

Great info! Is it worth getting the quick queue passes for 29th December ?

Here's a photo of the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant's buffet menu as of late November 2016, if I can get it to load...

Attachments

• Enlight1.jpg
    Enlight1.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 43
I noticed the buffet is not available in November.Is there anything else that is not offered or closed then like tours,shows,etc

I've never been during that time period so hope someone that has, can answer your question

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!