Busch Gardens Tampa in January

Crazed4DisneyinSC

DIS Veteran
We are planning a Busch Gardens day when we visit Orlando the last week in January. We have never been to the one in Tampa, although I went to Williamsburg often as a child 20+ years ago. My DH doesn't do roller coasters, so I'll be riding mostly alone. Does anyone have experience with crowds in late January at BG? Our plan is to visit January 31, and park hours are 10-6 that day. It doesn't seem like a lot of time to do every coaster in the park. I'm wondering if I should get the Quick Queue, which is around $20 for that day. Or is everything basically walk on anyways at that time of year?
Also considering All-Day Dining deal for $40. DH is a big eater, so I think that would be good for him. Are selections good? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks all! I feel like a fish out of water visiting a non-Disney park, lol.

We live in Tampa and go to BG frequently. Since you're going on a school day, the park shouldn't be too crowded during the day. You could gauge the lines and determine if QQ would be worth it for you (there are kiosks around the parks where you can purchase). Tigris and Cheetah Hunt would be the ones I'd hit first, since they're the newest and most popular. I've never waited more than 10 min for Montu (my fave!), and Sheikra loads about 30 people per vehicle, so that usually goes quickly also.

As for the Dining deal - you can get one meal per hour, so if you time it right, you can get one plan, then get a meal for you at 11:55am, then get a meal for your DH at 12:01 (for example). You also get BOGO snacks, bottled soda, beer and wine. The restaurants/QS included have a decent variety of food - typical theme park quality, but good portions. It really is a great value for everything that is included.

Make sure you visit the animal hospital (near the elephants) - sometimes they'll do procedures that you can watch, which is super neat! We've watched them take out a hook from a pelican's beak, and do a health check on a tiger. My son also got to make meatballs for some of the animals in that building - we just happened to walk in and they were asking for volunteers!

Enjoy your visit - we really love BG!

Don't forget to add Falcon's Fury to your roller coaster list :)

If QQ is $20, BG expects low crowds. Take that for what it's worth. I agree to wait til you're there and get it if needed. OTOH, for $20 you won't break the bank if you want to grab it.

Enjoy the great animal exhibits too. They really are cool. The roller coasters are some of the best in the country though, so it's hard to divvy up your day.

As for the Dining deal - you can get one meal per hour, so if you time it right, you can get one plan, then get a meal for you at 11:55am, then get a meal for your DH at 12:01 (for example).
No. It is prohibited to share the dining plan at BG or SW. Don't be that person who ruins a good thing.

Thanks for the tips on QQ! Didn’t know you could purchase after getting inside, so I may just do that and see how crowds are first and if I really need it. And thank you for the info on the animal hospital.... I probably would’ve skipped it if I hadn’t known! I definitely want to see some of the animal exhibits, but I’m also a HUGE fan of roller coasters so it’s hard to choose! I know my DH will enjoy the animal exhibits more, but I’ve been to most theme parks on the east coast (six flags great adventure, carowinds, kings dominion, Cedar point) so I’m really excited to try some new great coasters and see how they compare!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!