Busch Gardens

BertieT

Earning My Ears
We've never visited Busch Gardens before. Has anyone any tips, best rides attractions, etc. Where to eat? We have 2 DS aged 8 & 10 and they love the coasters.

Thanks in advance.

Bertie T

:confused:

Dolphin - 08/00
HRH/CSR - 08/02

If the kids are tall enough for the coasters, the Kumba is great! The Gwazi is a fun wooden coaster. I did not go on the others. While we didn't go on them, I think there were two water flume rides (people were really gettiong soaked).

If you can afford an extra $20 or so per person (in addition to park admission) you can do this safari ride (I forget the official name of it) where you ride through the area where the animals are, and get to see them much more close up. You also get to handfeed the giraffes, and throw food to some of the other animals. It was a lot of fun, and our guide would even hold food by your face in order to get a giraffe to put his face right next to yours for a great photo opportunity!

The dolphin show was also good, as was a walk through the barn to see the Clydesdales. Walking around the park there are many animals to see - take the time to enjoy this as well as the thrill rides.

We are now in the stages of planning our 5th trip to Orlando and every trip we have visited Busch Gardens, my children are now 10 & 6 and have both been from the about 2 1/2, They love the rides but we can have a ride rest by looking at the animals, the Elephant bath time is great, and you just have to go on Tidal Wave (I think thats the name of it) but be prepared to get wet, brilliant on a hot day. My youngest son still talks about the white tigers that we saw on our last visit 2 + years ago.

The Serengeti Safari Tour at BGT is now $30 (annual passholders get $2 off).

If you can afford it, it's great!

The full coaster line-up (at least on a par with IoA and probably a bit better) is Montu (suspended cars, multiple inversions), Kumba (standard car, multiple inversions, more Gs than any other coaster apart from Hulk at IoA), Gwazi (twin wooden 'old-fashioned' kind, with the two trains flying by each other several times - lots of fun, and two rides for the price of one!), Python (standard car, very short ride with corkscrew), Scorpion (older, traditional coaster with 360-degree loop). Montu and Kumba both rate 5-star on my scale, with Gwazi close behind.

Thanks for all of that information. I saw an arial view of the Gwazi in a book that I own, and it looks fantastic. I love "Woodies" and wish that there were more of them.

Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter