Busy last week of January?

utahgirl

Earning My Ears
I’m looking to plan a three day trip the last week of January coming home on Feb 1st. Hotels seem very expensive for an off time. Am I missing something special/big happening around or in the Parks?
Thanks

Thank you for the link. I’ve checked through the schedule and can’t find a reason for the expensive hotels. Is $200/night reasonable for BWPP or other Harbour Blvd hotels?

Yup, its the convention that week. :) I am going because the crowds at DL should be pretty minimal for that week (oh and its my birthday week). Since I don't want to wait for ART when we come and go.. I booked a hotel in Garden Grove and will Lyft/Uber.

Thank you for the link. I’ve checked through the schedule and can’t find a reason for the expensive hotels. Is $200/night reasonable for BWPP or other Harbour Blvd hotels?
Sadly, yes, that's the going rate for many Harbor motels even in the off-season. I think my DI&S for late Feb was even $150 or so, and I grabbed that a few months ago (their prices tend to go up the closer to the travel dates). Tropicana was in the $170s for the same dates. So sad, considering I used to think the $130 was steep a few years ago (2014-2015), lol!

We're tentatively planning a trip around the end of that last week, and, for the heck of it, I decided to price out the resort hotels as compared to our favorite Harbor motel. For four nights - PP was $300 more expensive, DL hotel was $667 more expensive, and Grand Cal was $1000 more expensive. And those prices were with discounts, supposedly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter