"But I'm not a woman"- A Spring Break 2018 Trip Report *finished 2/23 *

I love, love, love your 3-1-1 bag. What brand is it?

I agree - small airports are the best. Sadly, though we have one near, it is sometimes 3X higher than if I drive to ATL and fly out. We drove for the first time several weeks ago (and are driving in June). Much prefer flying though! lol

Are those Tanjuns? I love mine! Have them in 6 different colors! Including that blue (but, I don't recall mine having a pink tab, which is what is making me question that yours are Tanjuns).

Also - you and your daddy - JUST THE CUTEST!!! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Happy Saturday everyone! :wave2: It's been a crazy week around here. We had our Prek registration this week so I spent 2 days doing paperwork and looking at numbers. I'm so not cutout for a desk job. I don't see how my Mom and other people do it, if you have a desk job you are my hero :worship::thumbsup2 I will stick with my room full of 4/5 year olds and saying things like "stop washing your armpits and dry your hands" yeah I never thought I would say something like that but I did yesterday :rotfl:
Ok on with the show...

March 18th - Day 2 - EPCOT

The alarm went off at 4:45 and I was out of bed a bit before 5.
My Dad showered while I did my hair and makeup.

EPCOT opened at 9 so our plan was to be there around 8. Sun screen was applied and poptarts were packed and since we were trying to figure out just how long the walk was to the bus stop we were out a bit before 7.

The walk to the bus stop only took 4/5 minutes.

The first of many dark mornings.

I ended up stealing a bunch of my Dad’s photos, the joy of having an extra hour before we left Orlando. Since they’re not mine I don’t have exact time stamps so I’m hoping I drop them in the right spot.

A bus showed up about 7 and we were on our way. Again, it never feels like a trip has really started until you’re at your first park. And this year I changed it up a bit. We have always gone to the same parks on the same days, but this year not so much.

Reasons why I love early mornings, a nice quiet bus with only 2 other people.

Hey look it’s me :wave2:

For the first of many mornings this trip, we were at the park before security opened.

We waited and hung out with some people around us. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I love listening to other peoples plans. Just hearing their excitement or lack thereof depending on what they have planned :laughing: We got through security and found a spot right in the middle by 7:50. Yes, the park opened at 9 so we were a bit early. We were the only ones in line for 15/20 minutes before others started showing up, so we were only weirdos for a bit ha ha.

Hey Dad lets take a selfie.

Um no.. try again ha ha

That’s better

Posted on snapchat, my friends know that we are big fans of being first in line and last year we were first in line everyday and we planned it again (Animal Kingdom is a different story that we'll get to tomorrow ha ha)

A family pulled up behind me with 2 little girls and a whole family, we smiled at each other.

I memorized my fastpasses the day of and didn’t take screenshots so by the time I’m typing this I have forgotten exactly what time they were at and now I can’t pull them up online anymore, so I know which ones we had but not to the minute so bear with me.

Our plans for the day were
Spaceship Earth 8:55-9:55
Journey into Imagination 10:05-11:05
Soarin 1:55-2:55

Hey not to bad, thankfully I take pictures of everything and we usually use our fastpasses the minute the window opens.

We also had a lunch reservation at Le Cellier at 12:30.

We kept ourselves busy by talking about what plans we had for the day and listening to conversations around us again.

8:30 came around and they let us in to wait under Spaceship Earth.

Not bad for a walking and snapping picture ha ha

We found a spot hanging to the left since our plan was to hit Test Track first.

The Jammitors came by and kept us entertained for a while until the CM came out and reminded everyone of the rules.

A few minutes later and they’re off. We joined the masses and power walked to Test Track. The wait time said 20 minutes and the couple in front of us were having a somewhat heated discussion. She was saying it’s too long of a wait and he kept telling her that they always put that time up when the park opens and its really not going to take that long.

It didn’t...

We were waiting to design our car 2 minutes after park open.

When we were being loaded I switched with my Dad and he said why…

After seeing our picture, he says hey now I know why you wanted to sit on the outside.

We decided to use the bathroom and hit Mission Space next.

It was still foggy out, it was 9:30 and it still hadn’t burned off yet

We went on the green side because we are a bunch of wimps and while I was sad not to see Lieutenant Dan, I liked the new version. Yes, it’s not spacey but it kind of reminds me of Soarin, so I'm ok with it.

My Dad took a blurry selfie of us while we waited.

Afterwards, we took a leisurely stroll over to Spaceship Earth since we had 20 minutes until the window opened.

We got there right as our window opened up, not a bad use of a fastpass since the wait time was posted at 35 minutes.

We enjoyed our trip like always.

I stopped to send myself our postcard and this time it did find me. I sent it to myself and surprise surprise it never showed up in my inbox. Whoomp whoomp :confused3

I stopped for a bubblegum wall selfie because why not?

And my dad took one of me

It was 10:30 and since we still had sometime until Figment I felt the need to caffeinate a bit. Starbucks we go…

I jumped in line and 7 minutes later I was ordering. While I was in line I was complimented 2 times on my shirt. I was wearing the Tangled shirt that Crystal made for me last year, she made me one and my Dad one for this trip. You’ll see them later, I love them! When it was almost my time to order myself and the man behind me noticed some older women coming in the exit and grabbing some water bottles and jumping in front of everyone. We both chuckled about it while they paid and went on their way. I ordered my grande white chocolate mocha and moved over to wait. That’s when I noticed that the man behind me looked awfully familiar… but from where. It took me a minute or 2 before I noticed that he’s part of one of the many Disney vloggers I watch on youtube. I kept telling myself talk to him, say hi, no don’t you’ll be weird, he’s on the phone guess you can’t. They called my name and I grabbed my drink. On the way out, I noticed that he wasn’t on the phone anymore, so I said go say hi. I stopped by and said sorry I’m being a creeper here and told him that I like their channel. We talked for a few minutes about the weather, meeting other vloggers in public and took a picture. I made my way around to where my Dad was waiting by the fountain. Since we had some time until our fastpass we stood there, and people watched. I told him that I saw a youtuber out in the real world and I felt special. I found the channel on Instagram and sent them a message about how I saw her husband in Starbucks and that I’m a fan, she apologized that she missed me and thanks for watching their channel. I had already finished off my drink by the time we finished our conversation, maybe I should have ordered a venti.

I stopped to throw my cup away when we noticed that there was a photopass person just hanging out alone, so we wandered over to him.

We wandered into Club Cool for some Bibo.
After lots of little cups of Bibo for me and my Dad buying an actual soda.

Now was our fastpass time so off to see Figment we go

I took one picture and danced the rest of the time

It was still a bit early, so we decided why not go see the butterfly garden. Something we didn’t see last year.

I was asking my Dad on the way in, since we were just talking about life cycles in school if I take some pictures of butterflies and cocoons can I write the trip off as a work trip? The CM at the door heard me and laughed at me, hey its worth asking :rotfl:

A blurry butterfly

And my head in the shadows

We said bye to the butterflies grabbed some applesauce and made our way to Canada for lunch.

Reactions: DLo
But we saw a photopass so we stopped

We were smiling when I heard the photopass lady say hey now no photobombing

I kept smiling and laughing. It wasn’t until I got home and looked at the photos that I saw this poor kid ha ha :rotfl:

Ha ha he was just in one of three

We were walking away to the next photopass when we heard some lady talking to the person next to her ‘hey look it’s that dragon thing’ option 1 for trip report title. There were actually several that I overheard other people say this trip that came close to being the winner.

We passed the people we saw earlier in the morning, the family behind us. We saw each other and smiled. A bit bigger and a little wave ha ha :wave2:

Now its off to Canada for lunch

It was still early so we stopped to look around the giftshop and to relax on a bench and get some sun. Since we hadn’t seen sun in Arkansas for months it felt like I was determined to get some sun and a tan.

We people watched for a bit then went to check in about 12:15. A few minutes later we were being seated. In the same spot as last year

Shortly later Lyndsay our server came around and took our drink order. Again, since we were on the dining plan we ordered off the specialty drink menu. This time no margarita though, I ordered a raspberry limeade and my Dad got a rootbeer float with a light up ice cube.

AlI he wanted was a light up ice cube ha ha

Of course, it was overflowing and making a mess all over the table, thankfully I’m a planner and a teacher and never go anywhere without wipes. So, I grabbed a wipe and gave it to my Dad, so he could clean up, because that's the rule in my class you make the mess you clean it up ::yes::

It was really good!

Lyndsay came around to explain the menu even though we’ve been there every year. She explained that we can substitute an appetizer for dessert if we would like the cheddar cheese soup. While yes, I plan on it, plus I’m always full come dessert time.

Pretzel bread!

So good :lovestruc

We were eating bread and me soup since my Dad is weird and doesn’t like cheese, when a woman was seated next to us and since those tables are 3 inches apart you just can’t help becoming friends with the people sitting next to you. An older woman who was solo sat down and explained to the server that she had never been here before and she had heard such great things, so her son made her the reservation. She later told us that he does it all for her; her flight reservation, dining reservations and fastpasses, she just goes wherever it tells her too. I want to do a trip like that, let someone else plan it all and I just open up my phone and see where I need to be and at what time.

My Dad and I each ordered the filet, but my Dad went without risotto and got green beans instead.

I have dreams about this steak and risotto when I’m gone :love:

We were eating and the woman next to us ordered the same thing and we were half way through when she got her food and when her server came back around she asked her how it was. She couldn’t help but praise it, I agree with her. She ordered dessert while we were still eating and she ordered the pecan tart. Hmm that sounds good. When we finished eating it was my Dad’s time to order dessert so he picked the pecan tart too.

We were sitting there listening to the very unhappy child behind us and the not happy parent :sad1: Our pecan tart showed up and we started eating.

We were eating when we noticed that the woman next to us didn’t get hers before we got ours. Oops.

Maybe it went to the wrong table. A few bites in we started to feel bad as the woman was just sitting here playing on her phone. When our server came back and asked us how it was going, we told her that were pretty sure we were eating her dessert. Our server said oh no let me check, 2 seconds later she got her dessert. Now we can finish ours and not feel guilty.

We cashed in our dining credits and wandered back into the sun.

We made our way back to the Land since we had a fastpass for Soarin.

There’s the crowds :crowded:

We mickey to mickeyed and then I was on the app trying to see what else I may be able to get today. I saw another Soarin fastpass for 4:00 so I grabbed it and refreshed it to see if I could get anything earlier.

We got on our flight, I love when the people we sit next to are on it for the first time. Their excitement makes the ride just that much more enjoyable for me. I made sure to take my Dad’s phone and put it in my backpack, since we both think this is where my Dad lost/got his phone stolen last year and we were not going to chance it this year so when I bought my backpack I wanted to make sure it had a pocket just for cellphones.

When we got off I grabbed my phone and refreshed our fastpass and boom got a 2:45, only 20 minutes away.

We stopped at the seating area at the exit, where the old fastpass machines used to be, I ended up calling it the baby farm the rest of the week. Every time we walked by there were a bunch of babies ha ha

While sitting I realized I needed chapstick and I had just bought one a few days before we left. It had SPF and some color, it was perfect. So of course I looked and bum bum bum, it was missing. I guess it fell out of my pocket earlier in the day. Man, now I needed to find some chapstick, do they sell it in Disney? I’ve never looked because I've never needed it, so I guess that’s the next stop, find chapstick :confused3

Our window opened up and again as soon as I scanned my magicband I was on the app looking for something else. They had a Test Track one for 7. I grabbed it and went to refresh mode.

The plan was to hit Mouse Gear and look for some chapstick. Walking and refreshing paid off. I was able to get a 4:10 Test Track fastpass. Now we had an hour to burn. Easy when you’re headed to Mouse Gear.

Wandering around I found the sunscreen section and bam chapstick! Yay!

I hit the Flower and Garden section and grabbed the Tervis water bottle and zipper pouch that I wanted. When I was cashing out the CM asked if I was a passholder or DVC member and I told her no, she smiled and said its ok. She gave me my total and I handed over a giftcard.

We wandered over to a shady spot since it was starting to get a bit warm.

I grabbed my chapstick and yay it felt so much better. I was looking at my receipt and putting my bag in my backpack when I noticed that the CM gave me the passholder 20% discount. Well that was nice of her.

We people watched and used our little Walmart fans I bought to catch some breeze.

We laughed because it was almost 4:00 and we still hadn't made our way to World Showcase

We sat around for about 20 minutes before our fastpass window opened up so off to Test Track we go.

This time my Dad designed the car

We couldn’t stop laughing. My Dad said the car looked like a sad dog :laughing:

We made our way to Mexico and around World Showcase clockwise.

I stopped to get a gift card. I was going to get some snacks and wanted to use my money and save some snack credits for later.

1 gift card and $50 later I was on the move!

The first place on my mind was the Joy of Tea. But my favorite isn’t there anymore so boo off to the China booth for some Kung Fu Punch. The CM was a little happy and it looked like he gave the vodka bottle a little extra pour...

I didn’t take a picture until I had stopped after I drank half in 2 sips. Oops maybe I should have drank water before this…

Hey..

We made the way around until something else jumped at me.

Hey a photopass guy

We were walking by the American Pavilion when I noticed a big crowd. Then I remembered it was Sunday, so it was the Garden Rocks concert, today it was Simple Plan. My teenage concert going self was doing a happy dance. We also passed Fife and Drum when we realized an American Dream sounds great right about now. I got in line while my Dad found a table. I got our American Dreams and a bottle of water, I needed something to actually hydrate myself and more alcohol was not a good idea ha ha.

The concert started and while we didn’t have seats we were still able to see and hear it all.

Even though its been years since I’ve seen them in concert (10 maybe more) I knew all the words to the songs. Who knew that all those words were still stored in the back parts of my memory ha ha

We relaxed and cooled off a little. Accuweather said it was 83 felt like 88 and boy did it feel like it. It wasn’t humid which was nice, but it was sunny and warm.

After the concert and a walk down memory lane for me we hit the bathrooms before we kept moving. Where the title of this trip report was born...

I was washing my hands when I see a woman and her 4/5ish year old son were walking in and all I hear from him is "ugh but I'm not a woman, why do I have to use this bathroom"? ha ha poor boy was just shy of throwing himself on the floor ha ha

We hit Japan because I needed some Frushi! The CM’s loved my button

Since we had snack credits to burn my Dad wanted some too

Oh, Frushi I love you!

After some frushi we went into Mitsukoshi

I had some candy on my shopping list

We wandered around.

I found Totoro and sent a picture to my cousin Elisa. Growing up we would become obsessed with a movie and watch it for weeks, all day every day.

I will buy one one day, when the price tag doesn’t scare me.

I got some Pocky and some gummies. Part of me wanted to get more but I didn’t want to carry my bag around all evening and I knew we would be back later.

The closest I got to a picture with no one in it. Just an arm.

The crowds seemed to be letting up a bit

It was 7:00 and we decided to hit up Sunshine Seasons and get some dinner.

Photopass first though

We kept on moving

We were loving the low crowds

See :thumbsup2

We were making our way to the Land for dinner when we passed the family from the morning again, we smiled again and said hey it’s you again.

We decided to share something since we weren’t really hungry, but we needed to burn a quick service credit.

I picked Mongolian beef and I got some root beer while my Dad paid for some water.

We went to sit in the back quiet corner like we always do.

We ate, facebooked, looked at photopass pictures and relaxed a bit.

We charged phones and then took some bathroom breaks.

Hi Dad :wave2:

We made our way over to Italy for our normal spot to catch Illuminations but along the way we stopped by the bridge between the UK pavilion and Italy and decided to catch Illuminations from there.

I was going to take pictures, but my brain went hmm you’re hanging over the edge maybe you shouldn’t take pictures, the water was right there and I could see my phone falling in… :eek:

So, I just watched it plus I wanted to appreciate it in case it does change before next year like people say may happen.

I did take a picture once it was over and I could take a step back and not fear for my phone ha ha

We let the crowd empty out a bit while we just people watched. Finally, we started to head towards the bus stop about 9:30.

We visited a photopass person then kept on moving

We got to the bus stop a few minutes later and waited with 5 other people for the bus. Again, French Quarter had not much of a line while Riverside was already wrapped around 3 or 4 times. A Riverside bus showed up and started loading up. The people in front of us went over, I guess they were staying at Riverside but didn’t want to wait and they decided to head over to French Quarter bus stop but when a bus did show up for Riverside they went back. So now we were in front of the line.

5 minutes later a French Quarter bus showed up, all the while the Riverside bus was loaded up but still parked there.

We got on the bus with about 20 other people before the people that moved lines came back over. We left a few minutes later and the Riverside bus was still parked there, guess they were having bus issues.

A couple of minutes later we were back at the resort. I jumped in the shower first thing then while my Dad showered I called my Mom. According to my phone I called her at 10:36 and we talked for 17 minutes.

I packed my bag for the next day and then dried my hair. We set the alarm for 3:45 the next morning. Ugh so early but it was extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom and we wanted to visit Pandora. Park open at 7 we wanted to be at the park at 6 which means bus stop at 5:30 so we could get on the first bus out.

My fitbit says I was asleep by 12:05

I'm going to get started working on my next day and since it's coming up on the end of the hockey season and the start of the playoffs I'll have a lot of sitting in front of the tv time in the coming weeks so here's hoping I get some more working done. That is if I don't get too excited during a game and send my laptop flying :scared::rotfl:

I love, love, love your 3-1-1 bag. What brand is it?

I agree - small airports are the best. Sadly, though we have one near, it is sometimes 3X higher than if I drive to ATL and fly out. We drove for the first time several weeks ago (and are driving in June). Much prefer flying though! lol

Are those Tanjuns? I love mine! Have them in 6 different colors! Including that blue (but, I don't recall mine having a pink tab, which is what is making me question that yours are Tanjuns).

Also - you and your daddy - JUST THE CUTEST!!! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

I love my bag too!! :lovestruc It says Wit and Delight. I found it in the suitcase/travel section at Target in the clearance end cap. I just was looking for a clear bag for flying as well as security in Disney and a bag with a zipper is so much easier then sticking everything in a Ziploc bags ha ha. The luggage tags I bought were from that brand too.

I've done the math for flying out of a different airport and after tolls, gas, and extended parking it would break out about even. My friend has done the drive from here to Disney and she said now that her boys are getting older they are thinking of flying next time since they can't even sit in a car to church together before they start aggravating each other :laughing:

Yes they are tanjuns. I bought other shoes and got them broken in and ended up buying these 2 months before Disney. They are my favorites! I had a pink/purple pair last year that I wore so much I wore a hole in them ha ha. I got these at JCPenney and they only had 3 other pairs besides mine. The box says chlorine blue. They're a pretty periwinkle blue, I haven't seen them in any other shoe stores :confused3

I love my bag too!! :lovestruc It says Wit and Delight. I found it in the suitcase/travel section at Target in the clearance end cap. I just was looking for a clear bag for flying as well as security in Disney and a bag with a zipper is so much easier then sticking everything in a Ziploc bags ha ha. The luggage tags I bought were from that brand too.

I've done the math for flying out of a different airport and after tolls, gas, and extended parking it would break out about even. My friend has done the drive from here to Disney and she said now that her boys are getting older they are thinking of flying next time since they can't even sit in a car to church together before they start aggravating each other :laughing:

Yes they are tanjuns. I bought other shoes and got them broken in and ended up buying these 2 months before Disney. They are my favorites! I had a pink/purple pair last year that I wore so much I wore a hole in them ha ha. I got these at JCPenney and they only had 3 other pairs besides mine. The box says chlorine blue. They're a pretty periwinkle blue, I haven't seen them in any other shoe stores :confused3

I will have to check my target! I have a decent one, but it is not cute - yours is though!

I usually have to spend the night, when I fly out of ATL - but, I will use points and do the park and ride at the hotel, so no real expense there. But, it sure would be nice to fly out closer to home!! I look, every trip, just in case - so far, no such luck. It's been several years since I've flown out closer to home. My girls are 17 and 15 - so, they are pretty easy on the drive (biggest argument is about who is going to control the music. LOL). I just hate to be so tired when I get there (it is about a 9 hour drive, which - I understand is WAY better than a lot of people have, so I won't complain TOO much! lol).

I just checked my blue ones and they are called ocean - but, I swear they are the same color (just no pink tab). I also have them in black, white, grey, a rose color and a black/white. They are so comfortable! I actually have 2 pair of the grey, you know - just in case! lol.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!!

Hey everyone... I've been determined to post once a week but that pesky work thing has been getting in the way and playoff hockey :laughing:

Back to where we left off... Animal Kingdom day

March 19th - Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

The morning started with a very early wakeup call…

Ugh :):scared:

But we were determined to get to Animal Kingdom and Pandora first thing.

So, we walked around getting ready like zombies. The tv showed AK opening at 8, hmm I thought it was 7. My sleep deprived brain was super confused… wait what. There may have been a minute or two of confusion and some panicking that I messed up… then the tv switched over to extra magic hours at 7... see I wasn’t crazy.

The plan was to get to the bus stop at 5:30ish to we would make sure we got on the first bus.

Apparently, we were ready really early, so we figured might as well go wait at the bus stop.

Time stamp says 5:10

We talked about our plans. We were going to hit Navi River Journey first since we had a fastpass for Flight of Passage and we knew it was going to be crazy busy.

Flashback to fastpass day…

I had heard horror stories about people trying to get fastpasses for FOP and couldn’t get any on the day of. I knew the day was coming up and of course it was on a school day. Which I get up at 5:00 anyways but I’m usually getting ready to head out the door at 6 which is fastpass time.

A few days before the school district had said be on alert for below freezing temperatures and possibly winter weather.

The night before I was in bed getting ready to go to sleep, talking to my Dad about what fastpasses we were thinking of, and watching the local news (which I never do) when I saw the first school cancellation in the area. There are 4 big school districts in the area and usually when one cancels the others aren’t far behind.

Then bum bum bum, my cell phone rang. We were having the next day off because of inclement weather. Which made lots of people upset because it wasn’t cancelled because of snow but because of the cold that was apparently coming along.

I went to sleep and woke up a few hours later with my ipad and my phone ready to go a few minutes before 6 my time.
6:00 comes along and boom refresh and thankfully I was able to get all the fastpasses I wanted.

Then the cold came and yeah maybe it was a good thing they cancelled school.

Which for some people isn’t a big deal but for us here where a majority of kids don’t have actual winter coats to stay warm. So we enjoyed our beyond freezing morning then it warmed up to 20 and a friend and I went to Target. A day well spent if you ask me ha ha.

Ok back to the bus stop
More people started showing up, see were not the only ones getting up freakishly early.

A bus showed up around 5:40ish and we were off.

We were walking to the entrance and we could already see the crowds pouring in. I told my Dad I was going to make a bathroom stop because it would be awhile before I got to hit the bathroom. So once through security I made a beeline for the bathroom. I walked out and couldn’t find my Dad… uh oh.

It was still super dark and of course he wore a grey shirt so finding him might be kinda difficult.

Luckily after a few minutes of scanning the crowd I found him. We switched spots and he hit the bathroom.

I took a picture and of course it was so dark you can’t see anything (time stamp says 6:20)

But it gives you an idea of where we were in line.

My Dad gets back, and we discuss the plans. River journey then Everest and Dinosaur. Since it was getting even more crowed as the time passed we had a feeling that trying to get onto Flight of Passage at rope drop would be crazy because we were all going the same place.

Our fastpasses were:
Flight of Passage 11:30-12:30
Everest 12:30-1:30
Kilimanjaro Safaris 4:45-5:45

And we had a Yak and Yeti reservation at 2:30

They opened a lane to our right and the man behind us was so eager to get over there he started moving, well my Dad was in his way. Instead of an excuse me he just pushed his way past us and in the process punched my Dad in the kidney :scared::sad2: goodness it was like black Friday. We talked a bit with the people in front of us about how crazy this all was, and that people are really invested in being first in line.

6:35 and the madness begins. Everyone is running, powerwalking and shouldering their way around other people :eek: :crowded:

We made it around the Oasis to the holding area in front of the Tree. We slowed to a shuffle for a bit then rounded the corner in front of Tiffins where we came to a stop. We were there for a few minutes then started moving again. Since I had avoided as much as possible pictures and videos of Pandora I was really getting to see it for the first time. Which was kind of hard considering I was shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of other people and it was dark. We were rounding the corner with the crowd when I said wait we missed Navi River Journey. It’s not like we could get out of line, so we just kept on going with the crowd. Flight of Passage we go I guess ha ha

We wrapped around and ended up at the entrance a few minutes later. There was a woman in front of us in a scooter that every time we turned she crashed into the wall. It was kind of humorous in the sense that you would walk walk walk crash, walk walk walk crash ha ha.

We got inline and before you knew it we were walking into the hallway loading area. They asked for a party of 2 and we raised our hands and went to the front, being number 15 and 16.

We walked up a flight of stairs and got on our numbers. I picked 16 so I could be at the end, you know just in case.

We got paired up with our Avatars and a little boy says “eww I’m a girl” I laughed remembering the little boy from the day before.

We make it to the ride vehicles and of course part of me worries a little, everything I read about making sure you could fit comfortably said push yourself as far forward as you could. So, I did and held on. The CM and the on-ride commentary announced the restraints coming up and I took a breath. The one on my back clicked easily the first time but my calves hadn’t clicked. I pushed my foot forward a half an inch and click, it engaged. No pushing was needed, and the CM checked it and we were good to go. Major sigh of relief. Now I can actually be excited. I looked over and told my Dad hey it clicked, and I was worried for nothing, I had loads of room and it wasn’t uncomfortable or anything. I did a happy dance and told myself see you were worried for nothing. I looked at my fitbit, 6:52. We were loaded and ready to go before the park even opened.

Wow... mind blown :lovestruc:worship: I loved it. As we were getting off some lady got stuck and she said hey I get to go again and we all laughed but the CM helped her get out. Hey, she tried ha ha.

We were walking down the stairs and some guy said ‘geeze when will the stairs stop?’ Right I was starting to wonder myself?

We made it to the end and I stopped for my Dad since he was a step or two behind me. We looked at each other and I said ok ‘yeah I get why it’s a 4 hour wait now’.

We made it out of the giftshop and said we will stop and look later.

As we walked by and now the park being officially open the wait time was 60 minutes…

Thankfully we had that fastpass for later.

We were going to wander over to Navi River Journey so we started off towards that way, but we were held for traffic to cross ha ha

So, I stopped and took a picture

It was a beautiful morning :lovestruc

Now the sun was rising and we could see Pandora a bit more.

We got to Navi River Journey and the wait time said 20 minutes which again is probably the lowest it will be all day, so we got in line.

Hey it’s us :)

We were on our little boat 20 minutes later and off we went. I took a few pictures but spent more time looking at everything. Before I could blink we were at the end.

I liked it, but it was really short

I had been posting a few pictures on snapchat.

My friend, was back at work while I was in Disney, roles were reversed this week ha ha. I had posted the bus stop picture with a time stamp and she messaged me back asking why we were up so early. I told her we wanted to hit Pandora first and see Flight of Passage. She said she wants to see it next time, she missed it when they were here because they got to AK super late and her oldest isn’t a big ride person, so they didn’t use a fastpass on it. I told her she needs to see it for sure next time.

We looked around Pandora and hit the bathroom before making our way across the park.

We were heading over to Everest since it was posted at a 15-minute wait.

It was a walk-on

I probably really could have fallen asleep, I was super tired ::yes::

We got off and it was starting to get a little cloudy, but the wait time was still showing 15 so we decided to go again.

Maybe we could have gone again but we needed to go to Dinosaur and we both had a little bit of a headache.

Dinosaur was posted at 10-minute wait. It was close to that but still not bad.
We were going to pose for our picture again, but I ended up blinking at the photo boo

Ha ha

We sat down on a bench looking at Tricera Top Spin when we noticed it was getting awfully cloudy and windy. Uh oh.

Checking Accuweather yeah it shows a bit of rain coming and I forgot to grab my Dad’s rain coat.
Well crap.

We decided to head over and see It’s Tough to be a Bug plus its inside so if it does rain it will keep us covered a bit.

Where is everyone? It’s about 9:00 now so I’m guessing Pandora

But first we needed a poncho for my Dad just in case. Plus, he has an old wives tale about it. If you buy it, it wont rain. Well here’s hoping. We stopped into Island Mercantile and grabbed a poncho and shoved it in my backpack.

We wandered over to see some bugs and take some cover from the heavy sprinkles that were starting to fall.

I had planned on waiting until the next showing since we were coming up on the end of the group in front of us loading in, but they called is in and closed the door behind us. Well then…

We enjoyed it like always and laughed when everyone freaked out at the end.

We walked out and there was water on the ground. Guess we did miss it. I laughed at my Dad and told him not to throw his sunglasses into the bin like he did last year. Thankfully nothing besides our bug glasses went into the bins.

No we were going to wander over to Pandora and kill an hour and some before out fastpass.

By now I had been awake for about 6 hours and my body was in need of caffeine. Starbucks here I come.

I went in to order while my Dad tried to find somewhere to sit or in this case stand.

Coffee my friend :lovestruc

Once I had my coffee and my Dad his soda we were on our way back to Pandora

Its nice when there aren’t a million people all walking the same way at the same time ha ha

Now we got to actually look at things

We caught the 10:00 showing of the Swotu Wayä Na'vi Drum Ceremony

I don’t know why but anytime I hear drums I think of the drumline at my high school and football season. It was around the time the movie came out and drumlines became really popular and ours was one of the first ones to get really good in town.

I enjoyed it and it was something new we hadn’t seen yet.

Hey photopass!

Wow that wasn’t as high as I thought it would be for this time of day…

We wandered over to the exit area from the Flight of Passage exit/gift shop.

Which just happened to be near Pongu Pongu and there was no line. I jumped inline and grabbed a night blossom since it was on my list and we had about an hour until our FOP fastpass.

:lovestruc

I drank mine and the rest of my Dad’s. We passed the time by people watching and listening to their reactions when they got off FOP. We made friends with the family next to us. All the kids got a banshee and they were all determined to open them and play with them right then and there.

Our window opened, and we were heading back on FOP! Yay :love:

I snapped a few photos as long the way because this morning was moving too fast that I didn’t have time

Hello standby line

We were in the loading line area and they were looking for a party of 1 this time. The way the CM worded it was hysterical. She said they were looking for a party of 1, anyone mad at their family for making them wake up early, need a vacation from your vacation, having too much fun with family need a break? Ha ha :rotfl:

Again… loved it! It’s slowly moving its way up there on my favorite ride list.

We actually got to look around the gift shop this time and got some magnets.

We had a 12:30 fastpass at Everest and it was 12:25 so off we go.

Hey we made it

We were debating what pose this time… we really need to consider new ones or maybe use props next time… :confused3

We were done around 1ish and we still had sometime until our lunch, so we found a spot to sit and people watched for a while :goodvibes

As well as played with snapchat ha ha

There was a woman next to us with her 2 boys and they were attempting to eat ice cream, more like spilling it on themselves instead. The teacher in me offered a wipe, she was very grateful.

She left and thanked us again for the wipe and someone else took her seat, that lady was talking to us about how she only is in the parks for a few days because she was in town with her son for a wedding so next time she’s going to have to make sure she set aside more time to really visit the parks.

By now it was 1:45 and we were going to venture off towards Yak and Yeti and maybe see if we could check in a little early.

We wandered off that way but didn’t get far, of course :laughing:

We checked in at 2:00 and a few minutes later they called us back. We were seated up stairs in the corner by the window.

Our server Lisa came around and took our drink order. We each got a berry cherry lime and water.

A few minutes later she came back around to take our orders. I knew I was getting the honey chicken, I know I could have picked something different, but I didn’t want to ha ha. My Dad picked the Kobe burger. With the mushrooms, pickles, and dressing on the side, cause he's weird :laughing:

Food was yummy of course.

Our servrer came back around with the dessert menu. I didn’t need to look at it I knew what I was getting…. Fried wontons :lovestruc
My Dad picked the chocolate pudding cake.

It was still 3:00, and we didn’t have a fastpass until 4:30 so I pulled up the app and tried to get an early time. Low and behold I was able to get a 3:30.

We cashed out, went to the bathroom and then wandered out towards Africa.

The wait time for safari was posted at 45 minutes.

We scanned our bands and were on our way. I had one thing on my list.
See baby Augustus!! :)

We saw baby Augustus... well at least his booty as he walked away :sad: So, we decided we would try one more time and hope we could see him. Hey, one opened up for 5:55, maybe the later in the evening we would have a better chance.

We saw baby Stella so that was exciting!

Bahh she’s just so darn cute! :lovestruc

We were off our Safari and had some time to waste so spending some money sounds like a good idea. We wandered around Island Mercantile and grabbed some stuff. Then we wandered over to Discovery Trading Company and I grabbed an adorable little mermaid keychain.

It was almost 5 and we still had some time to burn..

Photopass time! :)

We had a bathroom break and found a place to people watch.

We were sitting and people watching when someone came over to talk to their family. Apparently, the CM told him that there used to be an otter exhibit but they had to close it because all of the otters found a way to escape and then they lost them ha ha. Until they can figure out how they got out they were in otter jail :laughing::rotfl::lmao:

Time passed quickly, and we were back on our way to try and see Augustus

The wait time was posted 20 minutes but we fastpassed anyways

Swimming hippos but not Augustus… sad face

After our somewhat unsuccessful Safari we decided to wander over to the Gorilla Falls and see if we could see anyone.

We saw some birds and ducks

We awed at some adorable meerkats :lovestruc

We looked at some gorillas too

After spending some time in Africa, we decided to wander off to Pandora. The plan was to see it at night then catch some of the tree awakening then call it an early night since we have been awake since 3:45.

We wandered into Pandora and found a spot to people watch and hangout.

We watched the clouds roll in and then thankfully roll out for a bit. We tried to video call my mom for a bit. As it was getting darker we decided to wander out and head to the Tree of Life to catch the first awakening projection.

The one time I’m bummed I didn’t have my camera since it takes better pictures then my phone but oh well…

I love how it’s dark but the clouds are still hanging around

We stopped for a photopass picture then called it a night for Pandora

We caught the start of the projection show on the tree and hung out for a while but decided to call it a night. It’s been an 18-hour day and we were tired :sad1:

We stopped for a photo on the way to the bus stop.

We got to the bus stop by 8:25 and back to the resort about 9ish.

Since we hadn’t eaten since 2 we figured let’s grab some dinner.
Pasta... yay carbs :love:

The CM told me that I could mix the alfredo and marinara… so good! :worship:

We walked back to the room through the resort vsrseus on the outside like we normally did.

It is so pretty at night too

I showered then called my Mom while my Dad showered. My Mom and I talked for 25 minutes then we called it a night around 11 and set the alarm for 5:45

I’d call that a successful day at Animal Kingdom! Those crowds at opening make me anxious... I’m sorry people were bumping into your dad! But how cool that y’all were able to ride it before the park even opened! Yay!

Yak & Yeti sounds delicious! Those fried wontons... omg yum!

We had our Prek registration this week so I spent 2 days doing paperwork and looking at numbers. I'm so not cutout for a desk job.

I teach Early Childhood Special education, so I have both worlds. The paperwork side, but the best side is the teaching. I don't have students on Fridays to do all of the paperwork and evaluations.
r: 544904"]But first we needed a poncho for my Dad just in case. Plus, he has an old wives tale about it. If you buy it, it wont rain. Well here’s hoping.[/QUOTE]

We were making the mad dash to FEA at this time. Luckily, it never fully rained at Epcot. Thank goodness because we were totally unprepared for rain on this day.

I'm enjoying reading and seeing what was going on at other parks, while we were in Disney.

Wow, you two are ambitious! That is an early wake up call. Glad you got to do FoP x 2, such a cool ride. Looks like a fun day at AK! I love this park.

Goodness gracious where has the time gone? School ended and then I fell off the face of the earth. I've been watching lots of new tv shows and I feel like I haven't turned my computer on to do classroom stuff so I haven't been working on my trip report. My Dad has been asking "are you done with the next day yet?" :scared: oops. So here I am determined to get this thing done :woohoo:

I’d call that a successful day at Animal Kingdom! Those crowds at opening make me anxious... I’m sorry people were bumping into your dad! But how cool that y’all were able to ride it before the park even opened! Yay!

Yak & Yeti sounds delicious! Those fried wontons... omg yum!

It was successful but the morning was super stressful and boy were we tired at the end of the day. Yak and Yeti had been on my list for a while and yes it was kind of simple but still good :)

Loving the trip report!

I teach Early Childhood Special education, so I have both worlds. The paperwork side, but the best side is the teaching. I don't have students on Fridays to do all of the paperwork and evaluations.
r: 544904"]But first we needed a poncho for my Dad just in case. Plus, he has an old wives tale about it. If you buy it, it wont rain. Well here’s hoping.

We were making the mad dash to FEA at this time. Luckily, it never fully rained at Epcot. Thank goodness because we were totally unprepared for rain on this day.

I'm enjoying reading and seeing what was going on at other parks, while we were in Disney.

I love teaching, I just finished year 8 which is crazy to me. It feels like just yesterday I graduated college and was looking for a job. I honestly don't think I would want to be anything more then a teacher, administration is so not my thing. I'll deal with 20 4/5 year old any day ha ha.

Wow, you two are ambitious! That is an early wake up call. Glad you got to do FoP x 2, such a cool ride. Looks like a fun day at AK! I love this park.

Oh my goodness was it early. I get up at 5:00 for work but boy was that 3:45 an early morning. AK really grew on me more this trip then in years past :)

March 20th - Day 4 - Hollywood Studios

The alarm went off around 5:45 and we were up and moving a few minutes later.
I made sure to grab rain jackets today, it forecasted for a day of rain

I grabbed my breakfast.

I bought girl scout cookies from Crystal, shirt maker extraordinaire and fellow Disney fan.

We got to the bus stop around 6:45 and a few minutes later a bus was pulling up.

We pulled up to the gates a few minutes later and we were through security and at the front gates by 7:30, yup super early but that’s us.

I had received a call on the hotel phone saying call magical express to verify out outgoing ride information. I know that our flight info changed but I was pretty sure I called to update it… maybe not :confused3

I made a bathroom stop before more crowds started to show up. When I got back I called magical express and the lady pretty much asked me why I was calling all our info was updated. She told me to have a great day at HS and said bye.

I went back to stand in line and remind my Dad of our plans for today.
Tower of Terror 9:45-10:45
Toy Story 12:15-1:15
Star Wars 1:10-2:10

A bit after 8:15 Donald and Daisy walked by to say hi to everyone.

I love her sassiness

More people started showing up and CM’s were scanning magic bands to verify we had tickets I guess, it wasn’t EMH but I guess they were just checking.

A bit later they let us up to sunset blvd and held us there. We normally hit Toy Story first, but we knew that with the crowds and 4 rides, everything was going to be busy. So we changed it up and were hitting Rockin Rollercoaster first.

We were standing around listening to CM’s chat it up with some people when the CM in front of me noticed my shirt and kept saying how amazing it was and how much she loved it, you’ll see it soon :)

They dropped the imaginary rope and we were off. We made it to RR a few minutes after 9 and we walked through the line and were on our ride shortly after.

Every time I say, I’m going to pose but that never works out as planned.

We were cruising through the gift shop and I found the otterbox case I wanted but we were on a mission, so we kept going and I made a mental note to come back and get it.

We walked back towards the entrance and saw the line was posting a 20 minute wait so we decided a second go around sounded great.

I said again I’m going to make a funny face.

One day I will… :upsidedow

We hit the bathroom on the way out and decided we had a few minutes until our tower of terror fastpass so photopass was a good option.

Aye my dad leaning on the counter always occurs in a water spot. Which then always shows up in pictures :laughing:

We found a table to sit on and people watched for a bit. Our fastpass window was opening up and my anxiety was rising. Ugh Tower of Terror….

I hate and love that thing at the same time.
Our window opened up and we made our walk to the guillotine, or at least it felt like it to me… :scared1:
Wait time was posted at 45 minutes so fastpass well used.
We scanned our bands and made our way to the lobby.

We were in line and waiting while listening to the conversation behind us. Newbies as we call them. We made friends and I told them no matter how many times I do this ride it always gives me a small anxiety attack.

We were buckled in and off we went. We hit the chamber and I ask to myself, my Dad as well as anyone who wanted to answer ha ha.

“Up or down?”

It was up…

We enjoyed our ride and my Dad was telling our new friend when the picture is.

We hit the end when everyone says yay its done. Then there’s me, no its not… boom right back to the top

We always say the second it finally stops ‘hey that wasn’t so bad’. Maybe one day I will not have a mini anxiety attack :thumbsup2:rotfl:

By now it was 10:20ish and we had an 11:00 reservation at 50’s for lunch so we decided to mosey on that way.

But first…
Photopass stop

The traditional ‘be scared’ picture ha ha

We thanked the photopass guy and resumed our mission, until we saw another photopass lady.

When we met halfway to say thanks, she looked at our ‘father/daughter’ trip buttons she smiled at us. Then we got talking for a minute or two. She remembered how she had been close with her Dad then he had passed away :sad::sad1: She reminisced how much she missed him and shared some memories. Then she stopped and thought about the date then she remembered how today was the anniversary of her father passing away. She looked at us both with tears in her eyes and reminded us to have fun and enjoy making memories together :lovestruc With a smile on my face and tears in my eyes, I told her thank you so much and off we went.

We got to 50’s a little early to check in so we found a bench and people watched for a while.

Then we saw a photopass guy nearby not doing anything, so we went to visit him.

When we finished with our pictures 50’s was open, so we went to check in.

They told us to have a seat and we would be called shortly. There weren’t any seats, so we went to so stand in the corner for a while. When a chair opened I sat down and then we were called, oh well.

We ended up sitting in the exact same spot as our 2015 and 2016 trip :thumbsup2

Our server Patty came by to scan my magicband and explain to us how the dining plan worked. Of course, we picked shakes because when in Rome ha ha.

I picked a peanut butter and jelly shake and my Dad got a strawberry.

We looked over the menu even though we had decided beforehand what we were going to order.

My Dad picked Mom’s favorite sampler and I chose the chicken Caesar salad.

While we waited until the food came out we talked about what our plan was for the rest of the day and how the rain might put a damper on Fantasmic.

I love salad. I have been known to just eat it out of the bag like a werido ha ha

Dad gave me his meatloaf because it’s not his favorite, but I love meatloaf.

With our food done Patty brought by the dessert menu by. My Dad picked a caramel sundae and I picked the apple cobbler.

Even eating just a salad and picking a ‘little’ dessert I still was full and couldn’t finish it.

We were defeated by lunch, cashed out and was on our way by 11:40ish

The clouds were still just hovering above threatening to open up but so far nothing.

There was one thing on our to-do list from years past that we have yet to mark off. Meeting Sorcerer Mickey.

We walked by and the wait time said 20 minutes so in line we jumped.

We met Minnie in her fancy clothes first.
She was nice and loved giving hugs.

Next was Mickey

Mickey noticing my shirt. He pointed to Louise dressed up as Kylo Ren and motioned with his hand ‘crazy’. Not sure who he meant :laughing::laughing:

We were done meeting and I was walking over to the photopass person when I apparently left Mickey hanging. I heard my Dad laugh and I looked back and Mickey was just standing there waiting for a hug, I said oops and turned around and gave him a hug.

We said thanks and off we went. We had a Toy Story fastpass to use.

I see you coming rain clouds…

Hey look a photopass person

We got in the fastpass line and the people in front of us were having a very heated argument about something. The Dad kept yelling at one of the kids and kept threatening to put the PlayStation away when they get home. My Dad and I were discussing whether or not that was really going to happen. My guess? Probably not

Hey me :wave2:

I’m still reigning champ at this one :woohoo:

After our Toy Story spin we had about 20 minutes until our Star Tours fastpass. We found a ledge outside Sci-Fi and people watched/rain cloud watched for a while.

The radar showed lots of rain coming sometime soon. We had a 5:00 Beaches and Cream reservation and I wanted to make sure we didn’t get rained on. So, we decided to use our Star Tours fastpass and then venture off towards the Beach Club and hangout until our reservation.

We used our fastpass but I have no pictures to prove it, but we did ::yes::

We exited the gift shop and you could feel the rain coming in the air.

We wandered off towards the exit and decided since the rain hasn’t started yet, lets take the boat if it is up and running. We made it to the exit just as a boat pulled away. We were going to give it 10 minutes and if no boat came back we would try and get a bus.

While we waited we wandered off towards a nearby photopass person.

You can’t tell in pictures, but good gravy was it windy.

We got in line to get on a boat and waited. We watched the ducks go swimming on by and the clouds rolling in.

A boat pulled up a few minutes later and we were off. However, we only got as far as the Swan and Dolphin before they stopped running the boats.

They told us we could wait it out or walk to our destination.

We decided to walk over to the Beach Club.

Well hello rain, I see you there. Again, just lingering, not yet a downpour.

We got to the Beach Club and found our little benches that we sat on last year.

We sat down, weather watched, facebooked, snapchatted, and charged phones.

It’s coming…

Around that time though, all my energy just vanished. It was quiet, cool, and relaxing. Cue exhaustion :faint:

I’m an avid coffee drinker and aside from a sprite when I’m sick, I haven’t had a soda in forever. My Dad’s new soda he drinks is coke zero. Since aspartame gives him a headache he doesn’t drink diet drinks, but coke zero is fine. Well I needed something, or I was going to fall asleep, so I broke down and got a soda… insert gasp here ha ha.

I walked to the gift shop and bought 2 sodas. Yay caffeine :banana:

We people watched and then boom the sky fell.

The lifeguards came inside and were handing out towels to people that got caught in the rain.

We noticed a bunch of people in non-park clothes with lanyards. Every time someone would walk by we would try to get a look at it but without being super creepy and staring we couldn’t see it.

My Dad decided to go put in a few steps while I saved our benches.

There was an Easter Egg decoration on display and he took some pictures.

He came back then I took some laps around. He has told me that the conference people were wearing tags with candy companies on it. Yay a candy conference, I would sign up for that ha ha.

On my lap around I hit the giftshop one more time, I found a shirt that had been on my list, so I bought it. On the way by there was a bunch of buttons on the table so I grabbed a happily ever after button. My Dad wanted to give one to my Mom... awe how nice.

The rain had stopped, and it was quiet outside. So, we decided to head off towards dinner/ice cream for dinner.

We decided to go outside and take the long way around and get some fresh air.

Well of course it was the long long way around and we checked in early and were seated right away.

We weren’t going to get food food but then we wanted to get something to eat since we hadn’t had anything since lunch. We decided on chili cheese fries.

After that we finished we were looking over the ice cream menu and trying to decide what to get.

We decided on the Milky Way.

We attempted to make a dent in it as a group of girls next to us tried their hardest to put a dent in their kitchen sink.

I sent a picture to my lunch crew. We had been slowly pilfering through the leftover valentine’s day party ice cream for weeks now :laughing: :grouphug:

We finished about half of our ice cream and we cashed out. We started to make our way outside, but we noticed it was still sprinkling so we wandered off towards the yacht club.

We found more of the candy people. Guess it was cocktail hour because they were all having drinks and hanging out.

We ended up seeing that there were no boats running and no buses so off we go walking. We checked the radar and it was clear, so we should be rain free.

We made the trek back to Hollywood Studios and were through security by 6:40ish.

We hit a photopass person on the way in.

We took like 7 pictures and they were all blurry except this one

We did some shopping for a while to kill some time.

I was looking for some magnets and I had looked in the other giftshops and hadn’t seen them anywhere else yet, so we wandered back to the TOT giftshop. I grabbed a pen and the magnets I wanted.

I had a craving/need for cotton candy, so we wandered over to Beverly Sunset and grabbed some pink cotton candy. We found a bench and people watched for a while. We didn’t feel the need to get a spot for Fantasmic just yet.

We saw a younger couple taking pictures. She wanted a perfect picture and he took about 50 pictures and each one she didn’t like for whatever reason. They both had a good time taking pictures and my Dad and I laughed about it.

We figured 7:00ish was about the time to head on towards Fantasmic, with an 8:30 show that gave us about an hour to hangout.

We scanned our fastpasses and were finding our seats. We people watched, talked about our plans for tomorrow, and I ate a few bites of my cotton candy.

Shortly after Fantasmic started and I sang and danced along like the nerd that I am.

We snuck out when the boat came around the bend like always.

A nice quiet Hollywood Studios

We were at the bus stop by 9:04 and waited about 20 minutes until a bus showed up. We were on our way home.

I had to make a stop at the giftshop for some girly stuff (apparently I’m horrible at math) and made friends with the girl next to me (apparently she forgot to pack correctly), we laughed together and wished each other a good trip all things considered.

We made it back to our room, I showered then called my Mom while my Dad took his shower. My Mom and I talked about our plans for the next day. We said good night and it was lights out a bit after 11:30ish.

I always have a little anxiety with ToT each time I ride.

You had good timing with the rain. Beaches is a good choice on HS day!

I am enjoying your report! Love that you and dad do this together! And I am super impressed with your early mornings and late nights with no naps in between! I would never make it with that schedule, lol!

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!