"but she won't remember it..."

It's funny, when we took our almost 3 yr old dd on a 3 week Alaska trip, not one person said, "but she won't remember it".
So why is WDW different?
Our Alaska trip was a once in a lifetime trip, and she had a blast. She talked about everything we did for quite a while afterwards, but I have to admit she doesn't remember it now at 18!
We had people say we shouldn't take our kids to Hawaii, because that was a place for couples! We had so much fun, we went 2 years in a row at the kid's request!
Thinking back to my childhood, some of my best memories are when we were on vacation!
Just do what makes you comfortable, and enjoy the time with your kids, that's the most important thing.

I think people must ask that question when they think you are going solely for the child. Or they are just dumb.

We are planning a family trip for next year that includes our 2 1/2 year old cousin. I am so so excited to see her reaction to everything, to be able to be there for that. I never went to WDW as a child, and I can't wait to experience that with her. Sure, she won't remember the trip like we will, but that doesn't mean anything at all. She will (most likely) enjoy it and our family will have wonderful memories of her first trip.

I do have a problem with the selfish parents though (not directed at anyone here). I have seen quite a few people IRL who are dragging their kids with them, in the miserable heat and humidity, all day long so they can see *everything*, and so the parents don't have to miss anything. Those people suck. But I know most people take care to make sure the trip is geared for their kids, and so the children will enjoy it.

We are taking our 7 month old in two weeks. So what if she does not remember it? We will have all the memories and we will remember it. I would not trade all of the upcoming memories for the world!

We went to Disney last May when my daughter was 2 years, 9 months old. I got lots of the same comments about what her not remembering things or, heaven forbid, being "too young to enjoy it." Well, she had a blast! She has given us as well as anyone else who will listen minute-by-minute reviews of the trip for the last year. We are returning in a couple of weeks and she has had us make her a list of everything that she plans to do when she is there. We also have to measure her daily to see if she is "tall to ride Splash Mountain"! My recommendation is go and have a good time. I can't imagine my daughter having any more fun when she's any older than she had last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter