Buy prescription eyeglasses online

I use to feel bad not using the eye doctor too, but then I saw this documentary.

The mark up is ridiculous.

Could always go to someplace like walmart, sears optical, americas best eyeglasses, etc to get a cheap eye exam and get your prescription from them. That way you won't feel like you are cheating on your local eye doctor, but a national business chain?

I’ve been buying glasses online for years. I used an old store bought pair to get the measurements for a frame size that I like and used an online guide to get my pupil distance measurement which worked fine.

I started with less expensive frames without specialty anything on the lenses to see how it worked and to test quality and was pleasantly surprised. I’ve ordered about a dozen pairs and was disappointed with the quality once, not too shocking for a $14 pairs of glasses and one didn’t fit well at all but I was able to return them.

I ordered from firmoo twice and all the others were from zenni. Zenni has a pretty good turn around time. I lost a pair of sun glasses on vacation and was able to get a replacement in a week. It was extra for expediting but they were about $85including tint and uv protected lenses. Without expediting, the glasses can take 2-3weeks to arrive bc they come from overseas.

After reading this thread, I ordered from Zenni last night. They have a 20% off Black Friday coupon.

I just bought DD her first pair of glasses through our optometrist and it was $400. There is no way I’m spending that kind of money on myself without trying a cheaper option first. Hopefully Zenni works.

I have not had good luck with the glasses I have ordered at Zenni. They colors are never what I expect. A pair of purple ones turned out to be a bright pink. The other pair the nose bridge appeared clear online but was gold in reality. I am not sure I will try online again.

btw, goggles4u is running a BOGO deal tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!