buying AP with new Covid reservation

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi, I know there is sticky for AP but it seems to not get so much traffic... I have a question... So as some may know we booked for Sept.. we will keep our trip for that week, moving it up was too stressful so we hope for the best with this virus...

I had bought a package with Villages and 2 park days... We are 5 people so having an apartment is needed.. We plan to also buy a MINI for one day too ( we want 3 park days)...

Well Center parcs now has a super special that would give a houses vs apartment and when I do the math... Us buying AP come out cheaper , especially as we then will have 4 days and I would get the one AP that gives us parking and food / Merch 10% off... othersr get the lowest AP.. The dates work for us with the black outs...

So I will call tomorrow to ask the CM some questions.. Maybe you guys know this.. If we cancel our package we lose the guarentted 2 day entrance...
can I guy the AP and also at the same time make the park reservations for the first week of Sept??? THat is the important. worse case I cancel the package, lose our guarenteed reservations and am not able to get the reservations we need in September... and even worse I book the Villages as a room only and cant get park days for when we have our cabin... ugh....

Can I buy AP online or call and right away book the days we need? That is my main question... I am trying to juggle cancelling our package ( and guarenteed entrance reservations), buy AP and make park reservations AND book the last minute deal with Center Parcs.... help :)

hope I made sense... I miss WDW's booking system.... so easy to modify, add tickets....
ps... it sucks how one cannot upgrade package tickets at DLP...

From what I read on the DLP website, with newly purchased AP online, you can only book park reservation for 1 day. :sad2:

We are actually in a similar situation. We bought AP during our last visit. Whilst hubby got his AP sorted with photo taken etc, I only have a voucher for mine since we were running late with the baby and I couldn't make it to the office in time before our train. The cast member at DLP had made a note in the computer system that I will be allow to enter the park using my not-yet-converted-to-AP voucher for our next visit (since the AP office doesn't open as early as the early magic hour!) and I can then convert it to the actual AP at the AP office inside the park. However, this means that I don't actually have a valid AP and now with the whole COVID-19 reservation thing, we are not sure what we can do for our September trip, either. I'm hoping that mid September will be relatively quiet and we'd be able to get the reservation after we're there, but we also don't want to risk paying for the hotel and transportation there only to find out I can't get in the park

but we also don't want to risk paying for the hotel and transportation there only to find out I can't get in the park

and this is excatey the stress I was dealing with... it was like I had to simutaneously book hotel and tickets... I made my own stress as we had the Disney package all set with 2 park days.. then I discoverd a last minute deal at Center Parks and we would have paid an extra day of tickets anyways.. so when I did the math booking everything separately saved us 400 euros... I was able to finally get a multiday ticket and make rervations....

I find the whole bookings, modifying, cancelling process so much easier for WDW.. I am currently on hold for the 4th time to cancel the original.. yesterday I got through twice after 40 min waits each time, only for the CM not to hear me.

Did I understand you correctly that you ended up buying a multiday ticket as opposed to AP because of the whole reservation thing?
Kinda. I was told ( and found out later most likely incorrect) that I can only buy the AP online, on the french site..These tickets would then be mailed to be possibly weeks later ( I live in germany). Then once I have those tickets I can call and make reservations. I believe also only for one day?? not sure if true.. I was told I can order the multiday and then I get my tickets within 15 minutes or so and can then reserve all park days we need.. which I did. but I had issues ( see below). It was very important for me to have park reservations asap as I was making my villages nature reservation that day and I needed assurance we have park tickets for the days we have a hotel... I was told most likely for the first week of sept there would still be space, but they can not guarentee... so I opted for the mulit day.. which sucks as the AP would have been in some ways cheaper.. I learned that others have ordered their AP and have gotten it sooner... who knows... ..

Issues with reservation.. so I did get our confirmation right away once I bought online... in the email there were our names listed and each name had a number.. I had assumed this was the ticket number. NO!!! its the long number under the barcode in the pdf ticket attachement.. This is the ticket to register and then make reservations..

I was told most likely for the first week of sept there would still be space, but they can not guarentee... so I opted for the mulit day.. which sucks as the AP would have been in some ways cheaper.. I learned that others have ordered their AP and have gotten it sooner... who knows... ..

Thanks for sharing! We are in Switzerland and have hotel booked for the second weekend in September (Sunday to Thursday). What you wrote is what I read on the DLP website - new AP = 1 day reservation only. However, in my case, my AP isn't exactly new as it was bought already when we were there, but then I don't have the real ticket. You might be able to swap your multiday ticket after the first day into an AP once you're there - might be worth asking. They credit you at least the cost of the one-day ticket, but I'm not sure if they would credit the entire multiday ticket though - worth asking I suppose.

In our case, we can't really buy a multiday ticket as have already paid the AP. I guess hubby will need to call DLP next week to see what they can do in terms of reservation for us. To be fair, I'm not even sure if we will be going at all at this point given the number of cases increasing again and the second wave :sad2::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!