Buying enterance tickets for DLP new years ever - Help !

rubyredslippers

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Ive booked DLP for 30th december 2009 until 1st jan 2010.
Never been .Managed to get a good deal-( didnt book through disney )and staying in Dream castle hotel.
I have not bought enterance tickets.
The ticket site on the official DLP ewebsite is about as clear as mud ! No park times for 31st dec or 1st Jan - nothing about tickets !!

any help appreciated .Do we need special tickets ?
We can buy them from hotel but i think new year is suppose to be buzziest time of year so dont wnat to risk it.
Has anyone been NEW YEAR and can offer any advice lease.

also we arrive 30th December at 7;30pm .By the time i get from CDG airport and to hotel , checked in etc it will be about 9pm .
Is there anywhere around the Hotel to go?
Are there any supermarkets around or near the Dream castle hotel to ??

Hi rubyredslippers ~ Reid, Jackie, Elaine and I welcome you to the DLP DISboard. :welcome:

We're a friendly lot on here, so please join in on any thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

You don't need special tickets for New Year's Eve, just normal park tickets, although having a park ticket doesn't guarantee you entrance as the parks will close their gates once their capacity is reached. I don't actually know if this has ever happened at DLRP at New Years Eve, I do know it has happened in the summer. The best thing is to be in the park early ~ once you're in there, you're there!

I would say you will need to buy a 2 day 2 park hopper ticket, see here, as this will let you visit both Disneyland Park and the Studios on the 31st and 1st. You can either buy in this country before you go from the official site or you can wait until you get there and buy at your hotel who will sell it to you at the same price as the ticket booths at the parks.

Disneyland Park will be open until after midnight on New Years Eve as they always have midnight fireworks on that night. I'm not sure what time the Studios shuts, have a look at some of the trip reports on our Trip Report section as they might say what time it shut last year.

The DreamCastle is about 20 minutes walk away from the parks and is serviced by a frequent free shuttle bus. After you've checked in on the 30th, you could take the shuttle to Disney Village which is a small area outside the parks consisting of shops and restaurants. There's no admission charge and you could either have a meal in one of the restaurants or browse the shops. Alternatively, you can visit any of the other hotels (Disney and non-Disney) for a drink.

There is a supermarket called Auchan in Val d'Europe which is 5 minutes train ride (one stop) away but this is bound to be closed before you arrive on the 30th and to be honest, I think you'd be best spending the next two days at Disney as the parks will be very busy and IMO you'll want to utilise all your time there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter