Buying FSBO DVC points?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Can anyone help me out with buying FSBO DVC points? The seller is a "friend of a friend" so not someone that I am close to but someone I have known for 5 or 6 years. We have used their points in the past and I have some trust in the transaction but also want to thoroughly look into and make sure the contract is up top date and does not have any liens or "surprises" that I would find out about later!

We would like to use Jeffrey Sweet for the closing. Will searching for the deed on the county site show me any additional liens or information on the contract if it exists or would my best bet be just paying for title insurance through the title company?

I am open to any and all advice and experiences you would like to share to make this as seamless as possible and make sure both parties end up satisfied!

I might email blast the top 3 resales companies tell them you cut them in at a flat fee or something and leverage them. You would think one of them would be onboard.

The sale will still go through ROFR and estoppel, so you will find out about any issues via that process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!