Buying in at Saratoga/ Boulder Ridge for 7month booking window (1 bedroom stays)

@Wakey we have a similar story! I’ve booked a CCV studio for this December. I’ve only stayed in 1or 2 beds.. I’m really concerned about roughing it but we want to save points in anticipation of a longer stay for the 2021 anniversary. I would have taken a studio at VGC but only managed a 1 bed.

........(snip)....Personally I think I’d rather go for a month at say the end of February and stay in studios then a lot of the time, rather than 2 weeks in a 1 bed. I’ve thought about this and think our preferable resort then when we are without kids might well be SSR with its low points, access to Disney Springs etc. I’m thinking we will come and basically book it for a month, maybe punctuated with a trip over to Vero, or picking up some nights elsewhere for a change of scenery.
I wonder, LOL. My DH & I stay almost exclusively in 1 bedrooms. (We're both retired). We've only stayed in studios 2 or 3 nights and just a few times, when we wanted to experience more point-intensive resorts. Those studio stays didn't involve much "in the room" time.

Given your history, I wonder how long the "studio" plan will last, especially after you are retired. :teeth:

I wonder, LOL. My DH & I stay almost exclusively in 1 bedrooms. (We're both retired). We've only stayed in studios 2 or 3 nights and just a few times, when we wanted to experience more point-intensive resorts. Those studio stays didn't involve much "in the room" time.

Given your history, I wonder how long the "studio" plan will last, especially after you are retired. :teeth:

I just stayed with a friend in 1 and 2 bedroom for our December trip and hsve to say it really spoiled me..LOL

Other than when I am by myself, it is going to be hard to stay in anything smaller than the 1 bedroom now.

Ill be there next week at Poly by myself and am secretly happy the few people who had considered going backed out!

You could be right Carol, thing is I don’t want to buy anymore points and when I retire and can take advantage of cheap $500 US flights from UK instead of $1300 x 4 I pay now in school vacations, I’ll want a month over there to escape winter.
I’ve been watching YouTube videos of that Copper Creek studio, all I can say is I couldn’t do that with 4 of us for 10 days!

Thanks everyone for the feedback... so my main takeaways are
1. make sure that my home resort has enough space to accommodate 5 in a 1BR should I end up staying there
2. 1BR Availability is pretty solid at 7 months but I need to be O.K. with sometimes staying at Saratoga if I am traveling around Christmas or the fall, but around spring and summer (our primary travel time) 1BR's are there for the taking
3. If Im patient/ don't plan on taking a trip soon I can be patient and either wait for the "perfect contract" or attempt to get a few lower offers through ROFR and see what happens.
4. AKV contracts aren't that much more expensive upfront than Saratoga ones and if I ever want a shot at a value 2BR or a concierge room I should buy there. Annual dues are higher at AKV too

Now I just need to get some tips on making an offer on a contract... is there a certain threshold where Disney will definitely take a contract or if time is on my side can I put out a few lowball offers? ... Im primarily looking at 200 pt contracts at AKV and Saratoga

Thanks everyone for the feedback... so my main takeaways are
1. make sure that my home resort has enough space to accommodate 5 in a 1BR should I end up staying there
2. 1BR Availability is pretty solid at 7 months but I need to be O.K. with sometimes staying at Saratoga if I am traveling around Christmas or the fall, but around spring and summer (our primary travel time) 1BR's are there for the taking
3. If Im patient/ don't plan on taking a trip soon I can be patient and either wait for the "perfect contract" or attempt to get a few lower offers through ROFR and see what happens.
4. AKV contracts aren't that much more expensive upfront than Saratoga ones and if I ever want a shot at a value 2BR or a concierge room I should buy there. Annual dues are higher at AKV too

Now I just need to get some tips on making an offer on a contract... is there a certain threshold where Disney will definitely take a contract or if time is on my side can I put out a few lowball offers? ... Im primarily looking at 200 pt contracts at AKV and Saratoga

No one really knows for sure, but look at the ROFR thread to see if things have been taken...that could give you an idea.

Just remember, even to make it to ROFR with a low offer, you need to get an owners who is willing to accept one that low!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter