Buying Magic band after entrance

sharona

DIS Veteran
If we plan to buy our mb at MK on our first day once we enter, what do we need to have at the gate? I have electronic tickets purchased from WDW site. If we go to DS and buy them before our first park day can they link the bands to our unused tickets?

If we plan to buy our mb at MK on our first day once we enter,
1. what do we need to have at the gate?
2. I have electronic tickets purchased from WDW site.
3. If we go to DS and buy them before our first park day can they link the bands to our unused tickets?
1. A plastic RFID ticket.
2. That is the plastic RFID ticket.
3. MBs are not linked to tickets. Tickets are not linked to MBs.

Tickets ARE linked to your MyDisneyExperience account.
MBs ARE linked to your MyDisneyExperience account.

Once the tickets and MBs are linked to your MyDisneyExperience account,
you can access your tickets by scanning/tapping your MBs.

@Robo

Thanks for replying. I think I was unclear. I do not have plastic rfid tickets. I have email ticket confirmations. Do I need to go to guest services before the gate? What do I need to have with me?

@Robo

Thanks for replying. I think I was unclear. I do not have plastic rfid tickets. I have email ticket confirmations.
1. Do I need to go to guest services before the gate?
2. What do I need to have with me?
1. You can go directly to the park gate.
A CM will issue you the plastic RFID ticket at that time.
Although, if you like, you CAN go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and get
your plastic RFID ticket before you go to a park gate. (Would likely speed things up at the park entrance.)
2. Have your confirmation numbers available.

1. You can go directly to the park gate.
A CM will issue you the plastic RFID ticket at that time.
Although, if you like, you CAN go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and get
your plastic RFID ticket before you go to a park gate. (Would likely speed things up at the park entrance.)
2. Have your confirmation numbers available.
Thanks! I did eventually find it on the confirmation email. Says proceed to the gate with the barcode, id and the credit card I used to purchase the tix.

If you are flying in then you can buy a Magic Band at the airport Disney store. You then just link it to your MDE account and you are good to go.
A great option. You can also buy them at the gift shop outside the MK entrance, and have the employee link your ticket there.

But magic bands aren’t necessary unless you’re buying photopass, as some on-ride photos can’t be retrieved without them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!