Buying Magicbands and declining Magicbands on same DVC stay

tb1972

DVC since 2012
DS wanted a Stitch upgraded Magicband. After multiple attempts on the faulty website, I managed to get his Stitch band for our upcoming Nov. stay. DD also threw in a Minnie band to the cart just to be even with her brother! DH and I wanted to decline a band since we have so many. I use my DVC band all trips and have countless others. The system required me to select something for DH and I before checking out with the other two paid bands. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if there's a trick I didn't see to decline for part of the group and purchase for others.

No- you can not decline. You have to order bands for the entire party. Such a waste bc I only wanted to order 2 upgraded bands and decline 2 but couldn't.

Hopefully, Disney fixes this glitch. I agree that it's wasteful to select a band you don't need or want.

DS wanted a Stitch upgraded Magicband. After multiple attempts on the faulty website, I managed to get his Stitch band for our upcoming Nov. stay. DD also threw in a Minnie band to the cart just to be even with her brother! DH and I wanted to decline a band since we have so many. I use my DVC band all trips and have countless others. The system required me to select something for DH and I before checking out with the other two paid bands. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if there's a trick I didn't see to decline for part of the group and purchase for others.
I spoke to Member services & they are working on the problem that popped up after the last "update". But no time line as to when it will be fixed. Debbie

I called MS and declined my Magicbands. A few weeks later a box showed up with grey Magicbands of shame for all of us. Such a waste.

When you are declining bands you are declining customization. You still get the gray bands. 🙄

Hmmm. Go figure. Then I guess when you decline you’re just declining color. Some things Disney does so well. Others...

I called because I didn't want bands for just one night before a cruise and was told it couldn't be done anymore......if you don't customize you get gray :rollreyes:
So we each get 8 bands next year.......doesn't make sense.
they used to have the decline option and you just checked it

I called because I didn't want bands for just one night before a cruise and was told it couldn't be done anymore......if you don't customize you get gray :rollreyes:
So we each get 8 bands next year.......doesn't make sense.
they used to have the decline option and you just checked it

We have a split stay in March. I guess that means we'll each get two bands for two reservations. Hope it's fixed before then!

Maybe it’s on purpose you can’t decline anymore? Eventually the longer range transmitter batteries die so they wouldn’t be able to track you if you keep declining them for multiple trips......:oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter