buying park tickets....cash?...card?

Chronic Daydreamer

Earning My Ears
Quick question, i understand cash is by far the most common payment method to use in tokyo, but as far as buying actual park tickets, i presume you can use card? And if presume correctly and card is an option, what do people recommend if i'm buying a 4 day ticket, cash or card? Thanks!

It really depends on how you're buying them. I believe counters at the Disney owned hotels and at the gate allow cards, but we purchased ours at our partner hotel's ticket counter which was cash only. Personally, I'd lean on the side of caution and just take enough cash to cover it myself, but I'm overcautious on using my cards in Japan to begin with.

Ispiari, the Disney hotels, Disney stores, the Annual Passholder Center and the front gates take most credit cards. Most partner hotels only take cash. If you are buying online or at a convenience store, they will likely reject your foreign card so the convenience store option will usually be cash only for foreigners.

Hi,

I have used my UK Amex card at the Disney park ticket counters, the disney shops and major tourist sites ( ie observation decks) with no problems, ( with cash for the smaller shops and stands)

I used my Costco Visa card to purchase them at the Sheraton Hotel by the Concierge. No problems

So far both Parks and the ticket Center at ikspiari accepted my Amex credit card for tickets , food and merch. That card was rejected online for the tickets.

Excluding like the ice cream carts and small food vendor carts, you can use Suica or Credit Card everywhere in Disney. It was a refreshing change for a couple of days because the withdrawal amount at ATMs is only $500 every 24 hours.

I meant the restaurants. I used Suica for stuff like ice crean (yeah it’s winter but sea salt shell so why not) and pop corn. Less coins in change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!