Buying Passes at the Disney Store

cdnmickeylover

<font color=CC99CC>Anyone want to pay off my stude
We were going to buy annual passes at the Disney Store here and exchange the vouchers down in WDW but we are now wondering if we should buy the passes here or wait til we get to Florida. The reason is the exchange rate. Does anyone know what exchange rate the Disney Stores here use and if they are going to change it since the Cdn $ is doing so well? I know that it might not amount to a lot of money but every dollar saved helps.

Cdnmickeylover

I've been wondering the same thing but when I asked at the DS they said they had no idea if there would be a price change.

Right now it's cheapest (I think) to pay when you get there. If you use an exchange rate of 1.40 it would cost you $550.19 CA$ for an AP vs. the $594 the DS charges. That's a savings of $44 per ticket...buys lots of extras at WDW :)

I think at the current exchange rate, it would be cheaper to buy the passes from the US. If you're worried about the rate going up ... then you can order them from CRO. If you have a DC, an AP costs $377.01 US, if you don't it costs $392.99 US ... After my experience at TDS, I wouldn't recommend buying one there :(

Hi -- I do not have the exact numbers in front on me now but the DS sells passes at a rate of 1.57. We checked with Visa which at the time was approximately 1.43(?) and ended up purchasing them online at the Disney website. There was a $10US shipping charge, they use DHL and it took 3 days to arrive. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter