Buying resale through Fidelity Timeshares

I just got the timeline for my closing docs (which I challenged immediately). This is a direct quote... keeping in mind I passed rofr on 3/21 “I’ll try my hardest to get your closing docs to you by the end of April”. What? I’m also buying from an international seller so you can imagine when I’ll get my points if I’m not even getting the docs for another month. Thoughts?

Seems odd. Not that I have a ton of experience, but seems like you should get your closing docs the second week of April from the timelines I've seen on this thread. I think my BLT closing documents showed up almost to the day I expected them to based on the other *** timelines I have seen. One can just hope their comment is just setting your expectations low so you'll be pleasantly surprised when they deliver.

Last edited:
Seems odd. Not that I have a ton of experience, but seems like you should get your closing docs the second week of April from the timelines I've seen on this thread. I think my BLT closing documents showed up almost to the day on the other *** timelines I have seen. One can just hope their comment is just setting your expectations low so you'll be pleasantly surprised when they deliver.

My very recent timeline indicates they are setting realistic expectations unfortunately. Of course sometimes one can get lucky.

How did you end up with First American? Although I haven't had issues with them my Fidelity purchase that closed just a couple weeks ago used Sterling
I’m not sure. I got an email from FA or Fidelity, don’t remember which, saying they were my title company. I felt deflated when I found out based on what I had read. Got some things taken care of but apparently we are waiting on the sellers closing documents.

Seems odd. Not that I have a ton of experience, but seems like you should get your closing docs the second week of April from the timelines I've seen on this thread. I think my BLT closing documents showed up almost to the day I expected them to based on the other *** timelines I have seen. One can just hope their comment is just setting your expectations low so you'll be pleasantly surprised when they deliver.
Thank you and I think you’re right. I got a very timely and informational e-mail laying out the timeline which, arguably was very generous lol. She did mention that she would do whatever she could on her end to speed up the process. I do think it’s and “under-promise, over-deliver” type response. I hope so anyway!

We just completed our second transaction with First American as our title agent. Last spring during a busier time our target close date was 90 days after contract and it took all of that. This time the target was 60 days and we closed and were recorded on OCC in less than 60 even with a seller paperwork issue that delayed us about a week near as I can tell. I had to ask “what’s up?” in the third week after sending our closing docs and I think I asked similarly during our previous purchase, yet both times I had a timely, courteous response. Also in watching the closing thread it apppears FA has been fairly timely in the process as of late. I’ll grant they don’t reach out with regular updates and do not have an online site to track your own progress but overall I’m satisfied and would not necessarily “run for the hills” from them. I will say that post closing they pushed the paperwork immediately as the sale was recorded and our new membership (2nd UY) established within 2 days of closing. YMMV DYODD etc

Anyone buy through Fidelity recently? I got a quote for $850 closing costs plus the $195 admin fee. Seems very high. Is that the new norm for them?

Anyone buy through Fidelity recently? I got a quote for $850 closing costs plus the $195 admin fee. Seems very high. Is that the new norm for them?

Closing costs have gone up with everyone it seems. It also varies by contract size.

I just got my closing paperwork from First American and it's already troubling after what I thought was smooth sailing with Fidelity. Their is an error on the paperwork and I have a question on something else. I've called, several people, and emailed this morning and I've heard nothing from anyone. Tried calling again and the receptionist put me through to an answering machine. Considering I have seven days to get them paperwork and funds I'm a little frazzled at the moment.

First American is troubling. I sold a contract and I got my money on 7/20. Points were still in my account up until two days ago and after my third call to DVC admin.

This week they told me that it is not Disney's fault points were still there and to call my broker. This is after having called Disney the week prior and having them tell me it can take up to 14 business days and just be patient. This time they finally checked deeper and first said they could not transfer the points as I had a vacation scheduled for November. I told them that had NOTHING to do with the contract I sold because for that trip I was using points from one of my other contracts. They put me back on hold and they checked again and they then said they never got the contract paperwork. OMG!!!! People someone please check and just do your job!!!

Finally I call First American and they say they emailed the docs on 7/20 (I suspect they forgot to send them). They said they sent it again and that afternoon finally the points were out of my account.

First American is troubling. I sold a contract and I got my money on 7/20. Points were still in my account up until two days ago and after my third call to DVC admin.

This week they told me that it is not Disney's fault points were still there and to call my broker. This is after having called Disney the week prior and having them tell me it can take up to 14 business days and just be patient. This time they finally checked deeper and first said they could not transfer the points as I had a vacation scheduled for November. I told them that had NOTHING to do with the contract I sold because for that trip I was using points from one of my other contracts. They put me back on hold and they checked again and they then said they never got the contract paperwork. OMG!!!! People someone please check and just do your job!!!

Finally I call First American and they say they emailed the docs on 7/20 (I suspect they forgot to send them). They said they sent it again and that afternoon finally the points were out of my account.

OMG. If I were the buyer of this contract I would be livid. Like asking the title company for a refund livid. Glad you're an honest person who is willing to invest the time-suck of dealing with this. Sorry to all involved :(

We bought our first contract from them in May. Bonnie was fantastic, the price was well below anything I have seen from any of the other sites that jack the prices up. I had such a great experience we are looking to add on with her already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter