Buying tickets separately

cmsnyder77

Mouseketeer
I’m sorry, I think this is a terribly confusing question ... We are doing two nights at a Disney resort then three nights at Universal then three more at Disney. I was thinking of buying 3 or 4 days of WDW tickets to use throughout the stay. I do not want them to start on our arrival day because then they will expire before our last park day. If I buy them separately and I choose the start date as our second or third day there - when will our FP date be? 60 days from arrival at the first resort or 60 days from the ticket start date? Will I be able to make FP reservations for all days at once?

when will our FP date be? 60 days from arrival at the first resort
Yes but only for your first onsite stay.

You’ll have to wait to book FPs for your park days during your 2nd Disney Stay - that window opens 60 days out from that stay.

You have 2 separate FP booking windows because of your Uni gap.

So if my tickets aren’t part of a package how do they separate them into the two resort stays? (I’m sorry, I really don’t know how to phrase the question)

Not that there's any "wrong" way to vacation, but is there any reason your Universal days have to come in the middle of your Disney stays? It seems like just more complexity, packing, and moving than to put it at the beginning or end of your vacation.

So if my tickets aren’t part of a package how do they separate them into the two resort stays? (I’m sorry, I really don’t know how to phrase the question)
The park entrance “entitlements” are linked to your MDX account and you have a specified # of days in which to use them.

Not that there's any "wrong" way to vacation, but is there any reason your Universal days have to come in the middle of your Disney stays? It seems like just more complexity, packing, and moving than to put it at the beginning or end of your vacation.
I know - I wish I could come up with a different way to arrange it but there is only one MVMCP while we’re there so we’re doing that during the first portion of our stay then Universal before my oldest daughter has to leave. The last three nights were a later add on for me and my youngest. I have been trying to come up with a different arrangement but haven’t been able to.

I know - I wish I could come up with a different way to arrange it but there is only one MVMCP while we’re there so we’re doing that during the first portion of our stay then Universal before my oldest daughter has to leave. The last three nights were a later add on for me and my youngest. I have been trying to come up with a different arrangement but haven’t been able to.
could you just do the party at the beginning? then do the rest on the end of the trip? We went to MVMCP, we arrived at 5pm, before that we had just had a chill day at the hotel pool knowing we would be out late.

I actually did end up rearranging my trip. Three nights universal then five Disney. MVMCP is still during our Universal stay because it was the only one while we are there. But I think it will work out better this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!