Buzz Lightyear scoring: is salvation at hand?

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, as many of you know, I've raised a number of Buzz Lightyear scoring issues with Disney via various channels over many months (detailed in the letter below). In short, scores often do not flow through/accompany photos at ride's end. As a consequence, even if I score 2M, I won't be able to enter my initials and claim credit for it on the scoreboard. In fact, two Sundays ago only one of twelve scores came through, which was supremely frustrating. I reached out to the park president twice in the hope that the issues would finally, finally, finally be resolved. I received a call from Disneyland Guest Services (or something along those lines) last Friday. I was told that they'd look into the problem. I was happy to hear that but also circumspect. After all, I've reported the issues many times to everyone I could think of at DL all to no avail.

Update: I just spoke with them again about thirty minutes ago. They called to thank me because as they investigated my issues, they discovered a Buzz problem of which no one there had ever been aware! They now believe that they can fix it and possibly even the problem of scores being reset once guests exceed ≈ 2,096,000. Woo hoo! I've had a great past few weeks and this made my day. What a way to head into the weekend, especially one that includes a DL rope-drop on Sunday morning! At least now there's hope! Let's all keep an eye on this in coming weeks.

My letter to the Disneyland president below --
buzz letter.jpg

Last edited:

Rob, once you win this battle can you work on getting a half decent camera for this ride? The pictures are awful and it would seem a small investment in a half decent camera would do the trick.

Agreed. The cam was perhaps mid-range technology when Buzz launched in 2005. "Half-a-million megapixels!" might have been something then. But children's toys now take higher-res pics. It took me more than a year to get any action on the two scoring issues. If I extrapolate from that, a camera replacement/upgrade will likely take seven or eight years ;-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts