Buzz wait times

Gussie Granger 1969

Mouseketeer
With Tomorrowland Speedway closed, is it effecting Buzz Lightyear’s wait times? Have they increased much? Has it effected any other ride wait times?

I saw little that would indicate a connection between the shutdown of the Speedway and other Tomorrowland attraction wait times.

I don't think the shutdown will effect Buzz much if at all. Buzz is one of those rides that tend to handle large amounts of riders. We were there in December (1-7) and did it standby once. It was a little frustrating because they give out so many FP+'s that standby even when it seems short goes pretty slow. A new CM was working the merge point and people in front of us starting getting frustrated because she was very precise in her counts. 100 FP+ riders followed by 10 standby. We knew because the people in front of us were counting and announcing the totals. At one point she had held both lines to answer the phone and the people in standby just starting going in since her back was turned. When she saw it happening she went wild yelling at people to stop and come back, etc. She was moved from that position pretty quickly after that.

So the moral of the story I guess is a FP+ to Buzz is seemingly always available during the day once you use your first three. Don't worry about the wait, just do a same day FP and you will be fine. We have ridden multiple times in the same day doing it.

Even FP wait times can be bad as it was with us when we went in December, if there's some kind of delay holding up the line (never did find out what caused that, but the line wouldn't move much for a while)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!