BW Courtesy?

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
I did a search, but it was only partially helpful, and I don't want to bring up a thread with information from a year+ ago.

So, about BW Courtesy Inn...
--Is it sketchy at all?
--Can you cut through anywhere to get over to the M&F parking structure to take the trams in? (Previous threads have been "well, maybe, if the sun is in it's 43º rotation in a month with an equinox on a day with a "u" in it when the temp is over 72.98º when a specific famous person has visited in last 67 minutes," and then someone else says they've stayed there "a million times since 1962 and *always* cut though x area, even now!") I need a clear yes or no.
--By extension of the last question, would you feel safe letting your mother walk to/from the motel to M&F in the dark?
--Have you had any issues with billing here? Unexpected charges?

(No need to go into staying closer, or the step-savings staying across the street, etc. We usually stay across the street. Really just deciding if it's worth attempting BW Courtesy for (literally) 33% of the cost of staying across the street.)

We stayed at one of the motels on Ball Rd. several years ago..... would not stay over there again. It is pretty remote with nothing much around and the walk to the trams (the old ones) was not real close and was fairly isolated.... not many people walking at all. This was before the security perimeter was expanded, but it wasn't that much more to just walk through DTD. Yep, there is a reason that it is cheaper over on Ball Rd. No thanks !

I haven’t stayed at this hotel but I stayed at the Travelodge directly across the street 2 years ago so this might be a little helpful.
-I don’t know if I’d say it’s necessarily sketchy but as the previous poster stated, it’s pretty remote and might be a little uncomfortable.
-For the trams we had to walk up Ball to Walnut Street, then over to Magic Way and we were able to cut into Mickey and Friends and get on the trams. It was about 10-15 minute walk but I’m not sure if they’ve changed anything since my trip. I would definitely prefer my mom to walk with a group after dark if possible, but realistically it didn’t seem too bad, it is basically a residential area you walk past.

Hi there!

We have actually stayed there on our annual trip for the last 6yrs and love it. Rooms are clean, free breakfast and staff is great. Parking can be tough late at night though, but they will help out if need be.

You used to be able to cut through the employee lot to get to the tram, but they cut that off...at least going to the park...you can sometimes still do it coming back though. Otherwise it is Main Street. we walk back late at night and never have issues.

good luck!

I did a search, but it was only partially helpful, and I don't want to bring up a thread with information from a year+ ago.

So, about BW Courtesy Inn...
--Is it sketchy at all?
--Can you cut through anywhere to get over to the M&F parking structure to take the trams in? (Previous threads have been "well, maybe, if the sun is in it's 43º rotation in a month with an equinox on a day with a "u" in it when the temp is over 72.98º when a specific famous person has visited in last 67 minutes," and then someone else says they've stayed there "a million times since 1962 and *always* cut though x area, even now!") I need a clear yes or no.
--By extension of the last question, would you feel safe letting your mother walk to/from the motel to M&F in the dark?
--Have you had any issues with billing here? Unexpected charges?

(No need to go into staying closer, or the step-savings staying across the street, etc. We usually stay across the street. Really just deciding if it's worth attempting BW Courtesy for (literally) 33% of the cost of staying across the street.)
We used to stay often at the Majestic Garden (at the corner of Ball and Disneyland Dr.) when it was the Sheraton Anaheim, so we are pretty familiar with that area.
To answer your questions:
1. No, the area isn't sketchy. It isn't as busy at all hours like the Harbor side of the parks, but it isn't skid row either. The intersection at Ball and Disneyland Dr. is very busy, so be careful when crossing.
2. You used to be able to cut through the Pluto lot behind M&F pre-2017, but after the security changes in Jan. 2017, that lot became CM only. So, post 2017, the answer to cutting through anywhere to get to the trams is "No, unless you are a CM." Now the only way to get to the M&F tram is to walk from Ball:
a) west on Ball to S. Walnut to Magic Way as posted above.
b) east on Ball to Disneyland Dr., cross to the east side of Disneyland Dr. (because there is no sidewalk on the west side), go south to Magic Way, cross at the signal and walk a short way (100'?) to the pedestrian entrance to Pixar Pals, follow the clearly marked path to bag check and the trams on your left. We've done this many times from the Majestic Garden/old Sheraton Anaheim -- takes about 15+ minutes, depending on the signals and your pace. Safe day or night.
3. How old and how mobile is your mother? If your mother is in good shape (because the walk back will be slightly uphill) and confident about walking alone, then I wouldn't feel worried because even after fireworks there are other people walking around that area. But if she is not in great shape or isn't sure of herself, use Uber from the DTD drop off/pick up area.
4. Haven't stayed there and don't know anyone who has, so can't answer this one.

Now the only way to get to the M&F tram is to walk from Ball:
a) west on Ball to S. Walnut to Magic Way as posted above.
b) east on Ball to Disneyland Dr., cross to the east side of Disneyland Dr. (because there is no sidewalk on the west side), go south to Magic Way, cross at the signal and walk a short way (100'?) to the pedestrian entrance to Pixar Pals, follow the clearly marked path to bag check and the trams on your left. We've done this many times from the Majestic Garden/old Sheraton Anaheim -- takes about 15+ minutes, depending on the signals and your pace. Safe day or night.

There is no longer a street level pedestrian entrance to Pixar Pals. They closed it off when the bridge opened. They also moved the crosswalk to the opposite corner as the sidewalk is on the other side of Magic Way now.

You can walk to DTD from there, or go up the stairs to cross over the bridge back to the garage and then take the escalator down to security/the trams. (Or you could walk to where the bridge comes down to street level and walk up the ramp, cross the bridge, etc).

There is no longer a street level pedestrian entrance to Pixar Pals. They closed it off when the bridge opened. They also moved the crosswalk to the opposite corner as the sidewalk is on the other side of Magic Way now.

You can walk to DTD from there, or go up the stairs to cross over the bridge back to the garage and then take the escalator down to security/the trams. (Or you could walk to where the bridge comes down to street level and walk up the ramp, cross the bridge, etc).
We've walked into PP without using the bridge after it opened and were able to enter from the sidewalk on Magic Way, just not on the corner because the corner entrance did close when the bridge opened. But the sidewalk entrance under the bridge was open to all the last time we used it -- not long before the closure. Maybe they only close the sidewalk entrance sometimes? It will be interesting to see what things look like once the parks reopen. I would not be surprised if Disney makes changes to that area to reduce traffic (both for cars and pedestrians), so we'll have to wait for reports (and photos!) once the official reopening begins.

We've walked into PP without using the bridge after it opened and were able to enter from the sidewalk on Magic Way, just not on the corner because the corner entrance did close when the bridge opened. But the sidewalk entrance under the bridge was open to all the last time we used it -- not long before the closure. Maybe they only close the sidewalk entrance sometimes? It will be interesting to see what things look like once the parks reopen. I would not be surprised if Disney makes changes to that area to reduce traffic (both for cars and pedestrians), so we'll have to wait for reports (and photos!) once the official reopening begins.

Interesting! We pretty much always park on the 1st level of PP and haven't been able to exit/enter at ground level since the bridge opened. We were going maybe once or twice a week until the closure and that was always the case for us - but we always went during the week. Maybe it's different on weekends?

Interesting! We pretty much always park on the 1st level of PP and haven't been able to exit/enter at ground level since the bridge opened. We were going maybe once or twice a week until the closure and that was always the case for us - but we always went during the week. Maybe it's different on weekends?
I wonder... we were usually visiting on weekends. Maybe the difference was due to staffing cuts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter