BW Plus Pavilions or BW Stovall's Inn

littlelulu33

Mouseketeer
Does any one have a preference to one or the other. Or should we pick a different hotel all together. We are traveling in July, We usually go to WDW every year, but this year we are heading west. The only other time we went to DL we stayed at the Grand Californian, but all the DL resorts are out of our budget for these dates. Thanks

Those 2 wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of best choices for me. If you specifically want a BW property, BW Park Place Inn and BW Anaheim Inn are much closer to the entrance and well reviewed. If you provide more of your hotel requirements we can give you more suggestions. Ex: party size, desire for provided breakfast, nice pool, etc...

We are 2 families of 3 each, 2 adults each and 1 teenager and 1 5 yr old. We will be getting separate room same hotels. I would prefer a breakfast but not required. We each will have a car. One of the reason I was looking at those is for the military discounts they have but would like to stay at a locations closer to the park for walking Thanks

Those BWs above poster mentioned are right across the street from the park entrance.
We’ve stayed at The Anaheim Hotel which is on the next block and has a Pizza Press off the lobby. It’s a well kept 2 story older hotel that has been renovated. Pretty grounds and a huge pool. Many rooms have balconies. The rooms have outside door entrance but the windows don’t face the walkway. I like that people passing your room can’t see in.

I’m looking at May and the rates seem high so I’m looking at The Legacy which is just on the other side of Disney Way & Harbor.

The options closest to the Eastern entrance are, BW Park Place*, Park Vue Inn*, Desert Inn & Suites*, Tropicana, BW Anaheim*, Del Sol, Camelot, & Grand Legacy*. A little further away you have Courtyard Waterpark, Fairfield, Hojo and Candy Cane*. *=breakfast of some sort, the BW's have the most extensive breakfast offerings. I know several properties listed offer a military discount.

The options closest to the Eastern entrance are, BW Park Place*, Park Vue Inn*, Desert Inn & Suites*, Tropicana, BW Anaheim*, Del Sol, Camelot, & Grand Legacy*. A little further away you have Courtyard Waterpark, Fairfield, Hojo and Candy Cane*. *=breakfast of some sort, the BW's have the most extensive breakfast offerings. I know several properties listed offer a military discount.

Out of Desert View Inn , Candy Cane or Indigo which would you recommend
thanks

thanks
Proximity is King in my book, so I'd go with Desert Inn, even though it is very slightly more budget-like than the others. Candy Cane has lots of fans on this board, Indigo seems to be gaining fans although it is further than I want to walk at the end of the night.

Go with Candy Cane Inn..... nice, good customer service, nice little pool and hot tub on the patio, decent breakfast ("expanded" continental.... lots of choices), and easy walking distance on the same side of Harbor Blvd. as the parks.... AND, they have their own dedicated shuttle if you don't want to walk !! ….oh, and right next door to a 7-11 and another mini-mart.

thanks
We stay at Desert Inn and Suites. It's pretty darn budget feeling, but it's close to the main entrance. We spend a lot of time in the parks, and not much time in the motel room, so we don't put much weight in the luxury of a motel :) Desert Inn is close, clean, close, cheap, close, and comfortable enough when we've been in the parks for 12+ hours a day.

We love both! Have never had a bad experience. They are one of my go to’s for DL. I usually choose the less expensive one. We booked pavilion for our next trip.

We plan to stay at Stovalls for our upcoming trip. It will be our 1st time but from everything I have heard, I’m looking forward to checking it out.

Desert inn breakfast is inedible. The indoor pool is unusable. If you just want a cheap bed you can stay there affordably.

The beds at Desert Inn are what killed us. We found the room itself to be good , breakfast meh ( but we usually bring our own stuff and put it in the fridge) and the proximity to be the biggest pro for staying there but the beds were so hard and uncomfortable my arm would literally go numb in the night. It’s been a couple of years since we last stayed there so they may have updated since. Not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter