BW studio standard villa - farthest distance

Sorry for repeating what everyone else said but 15-20 minutes??? What?

The lobby is < 700 ft from the furthest room which equates to 3 minutes. Add on 2 minutes to get downstairs. No more than 5 minutes.
It think the longer time included waiting for an elevator to arrive. But even that is a bit long.

So what if I ask David's
1st choice BWV standard studio
2nd choice AKLV Jambo house standard studio villa(since it has 2 sinks and a larger kitchenette than Kandi)

This why when David's try;s to get the BW standard studio and if no success( I hope a BWV studio is available)
then they can look for a AKLV Jambo house standard studio.

Sound like a plan ?
Sorry, but your plan is a bit flawed. If you put 2 different choices for your resorts, they will likely (really really likely) have to find two different owners. There is such HUGE interest in renting points that last year, they couldn't even find an owner with enough points for my stay.

So choose a resort/room type with good chance for availability. If you want to shoot for BWV Standard, then your second realistic choice would be BWV G/P. If G/P is not in your budget then choose AKV.

As a BWV owner I get it that the hallways are long, and if you have issues walking it can be a challenge. With that said it makes laugh that some people whine about the walk after they walked miles at MK or EPOCT or DS. GFV from monorail is longer to get to the building or Poly, BLT, Kidani etc.

As a BWV owner I get it that the hallways are long, and if you have issues walking it can be a challenge. With that said it makes laugh that some people whine about the walk after they walked miles at MK or EPOCT or DS. GFV from monorail is longer to get to the building or Poly, BLT, Kidani etc.

I agree 100%. Just think about the walk from BCVs to the boat, not that's a long walk...just sayin... ;)

Haha last two posts so true. BWV gets a bad rap for the hallways when in reality there are long walks everywhere. at least we’re inside :)

A few years ago I had a studio boardwalk view almost at the end of the hallway by Jellyrolls. I complained at the front desk before seeing it, but the CM said the view was excellent and she was right - even though the walk was FOREVER. I finally timed from my room door to elevator door on the same floor: like 3 minutes and 30 seconds. That's NOTHING. It's funny how we get things in our head; me included. :crazy2: I will request that room from now on.

A few years ago I had a studio boardwalk view almost at the end of the hallway by Jellyrolls. I complained at the front desk before seeing it, but the CM said the view was excellent and she was right - even though the walk was FOREVER. I finally timed from my room door to elevator door on the same floor: like 3 minutes and 30 seconds. That's NOTHING. It's funny how we get things in our head; me included. :crazy2: I will request that room from now on.
I think most of the complaints come from walking down the narrow tunnel without any window anywhere. At least at Kidani Village there are windows every so often looking out at the savanna areas.

As others have said, it’s near impossible to get a BW standard studio through Davids, especially in the fall. I think your only chance is to find an owner on the rental board here or on FB that will be willing to book right at 11 months at 8am. Even that won’t be guaranteed and many owners won’t do it for a rental.

Doing Jambo as a second choice may mean losing that room because David’s will have to find an AKL owner after the BW room isn’t able to be booked.

Sorry the news isn’t the best... it’s just that BW standard rooms are even hard for owners to book for themselves, even if they do it right at 8am. There aren’t many of them like the pool/garden category. However I love BW so it’s all worth it if you can make pool/garden work in your budget!

As for distance from the lobby, some can be right near the lobby (but some complain about the noisy because they face the luggage carts), while others can be far down the hallways (5 min walk generally, maybe a little more with the elevator, but can feel long as others have said).

September use to be quiet, but now that F&W starts early, and now add SW at the Studios, I agree, Bwv standard studio is usually gone at 8:01am. I tried last year and got shut out 11 mornings in a row. Not too many owners are going to fight to get a room unless they are staying in it. Just have a plan B or C. Yep, I’ll be fighting again the September to a studio standard. Btw, OP, standard rooms are 20% of the rooms available at this resort. Boardwalk View is also 20%, which leaves pool/garden 60% of the rooms. So this is why it’s harder to get a standard studio.

September use to be quiet, but now that F&W starts early, and now add SW at the Studios, I agree, Bwv standard studio is usually gone at 8:01am. I tried last year and got shut out 11 mornings in a row. Not too many owners are going to fight to get a room unless they are staying in it. Just have a plan B or C. Yep, I’ll be fighting again the September to a studio standard. Btw, OP, standard rooms are 20% of the rooms available at this resort. Boardwalk View is also 20%, which leaves pool/garden 60% of the rooms. So this is why it’s harder to get a standard studio.

And add in that many owners bought a small number of points at BWV - enough for that Studio at F&W - and there is a real problem - since there are so many small point holders looking specifically for the standard view reservation.

For a renter that means an owner is going to have to be right on the ball at eleven months at 7:59am (or whatever time it is) sitting at their keyboard - or walk it in order to get a standard view studio over F&W - or really any time from September through mid-January (and moving to anytime - they are just a high demand, low supply room). And why would any owner do that for a stranger, when they can easily rent those points for the same price per point and no bother in a preferred view.

A decade ago an owner could do this - they'd still need to call the day reservations opened, but they didn't have to arrange their days around a phone call with only a small chance of success. Now, booking patterns have changed

And why would any owner do that for a stranger, when they can easily rent those points for the same price per point and no bother in a preferred view.

TBH, as a private owner, were I to take on a reservation that needed special services of that nature (like walking) you'd not get it from me even at $18pp. Which would mean by the time you got Standard, you could have gotten P/G from a broker at broker rates cheaper.

Exception case would be for my college roommate. She has PICTURES.

TBH, as a private owner, were I to take on a reservation that needed special services of that nature (like walking) you'd not get it from me even at $18pp. Which would mean by the time you got Standard, you could have gotten P/G from a broker at broker rates cheaper.

Exception case would be for my college roommate. She has PICTURES.

I thought the same. Too stressful booking standard studios. Now if someone wants a standard 1 bedroom, those are easier to get. I’ve never rented my points and don’t plan to. We own Bwv, BLT, SSR.

we had the farthest room in the wing towards the tennis courts and hollywood studios. it was not bad at all.

2 mins to quiet pool
3 mins to the lobby
3 mins to main pool
5 mins to espn
10 mins to epcot
10 mins to studios

the extra steps just left more room for junk food in my belly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter