BWI.... a review, just back

vicb

DIS Veteran
Just back from one week at BWI. What a great place. Stayed in room 5269, faced Boardwalk side of lobby courtyard and the BWV side of Boardwalk (does that make sense to you?). Had a standard balcony, saw thoses rooms with huge balconys on third and fourth floors. Our room very nice, great housekeeper who did little surprises each day for kids. Character Caravan in lobby had good characters (Queen of Hearts, Pinoccio, Gepetto, Goofy, Sir Foulfellow and the ever present C and D).

We loved the night time atmosphere on the BW. All the entertainers were neat, my kids got to be magician assistant, card trick assistant, learn to rope lasso etc.

Food from Bakery really yummy, good hot dogs and pizza for quick meals.

And the pool, well my kids swam even on the cloudy days when the temps were in high 60's. They loved the Keister Coaster. We spent some time at BC and were really happy we had chose BWI.

No trouble with bus or boat transport from resort. Also used Taxi one morning to GF.

Be happy to answer any ?s.:D

welcome back and glad you had a good time.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the BWI. Would you return to this resort? Why were you glad you stayed at the BWI vs the Beach Club.

Thanks

I feel exactly the same way about the BWI. Love being able to walk into Epcot and MGM. We've stayed at the Beach club and prefer BWI - room decor, pool (don't like the sand at BC), and the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

We thought BC was nice place too, kids did Cape May breakfast and Sandcastle club there but the place seemed over run with young kids. I know that sounds funny coming from someone with kids (ages 6 and 9) but we just liked the feel of BWI better. It was a little calmer after a day in the parks. The lobby and pool appealed to us more. At the pool DH and I could get a drink, relax and see the kids at all times, SAB while cool was more spread out. My kids loved the Keister Coaster slide. Lifeguards at pool very friendly, remembered kids names each day and organized water balloon toss etc... We liked our Boardwalk facing balcony and the atmosphere and convienence of the Boardwalk. Also looked around GF, that is a beautiful resort too but still prefer BWI. So YES we will stay there next time. FYI have also stayed at Poly and liked it but not as much as BWI. Good thing there are so many different choices.

Hi! Welcome back :) !

I am trying to decide between BWI and YC for an upcoming trip with just DH. Can I ask what you didn't like about the BC? Would that also apply to the YC since they are sister resorts? The one thing that is holding me back from booking BWI is the possible noise from the Boardwalk. I want to book a waterview room at whichever resort I choose. Did you find noise at all to be a problem? I am an extremely light sleeper - my husband on the other hand could sleep through a bomb.

Regarding the Boardwalk, does the nightly entertainment happen every night? About what time does the Boardwalk "shut down" for the night?

Thanks!
Kimberly

I was not at the YC side at all so can not comment.

Fri., Sat. and Sun nights more busy on Boardwalk but the entertainers seemed to end by 10:30-11. Some nights we could hear music from Atlantic Dance Hall but not annoying. The friendship boats toot coming in but again did not bother any of us. The doors to balcony surprisingly sound proof.

The entertainment was each night, even the cold, drizzly night. We saw a rope trick lady, firebreather/sword swallower (Carlo), traveling medicine man/magician (Ejapana), juggler, card shark, etc... all really fun, good crowd interaction. One night the card shark was in BWI lobby. There is a nice bar in the Inn lobby too.

I think just the amount of kids running around BC, noise level and lobby turned us off. That is just our opinion though, lots of people love BC. We did not see the rooms at all to judge.

IMHO for just DH and you- go BWI. Great resturants, beautiful lobby, nice relaxing porch with rockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!