BWI or PHL ???

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
For those of you who have flown out of both airports, is there one you prefer over the other? We have always flown out of Philadelphia but Baltimore is equally as close. If rates are comparable I thought we may try Baltimore this time. I just want to hear any comments comparing the two. Thanks!

If rates are the same I'd probably fly out of BWI. It's a smaller airport than PHL and probably easier to get into and out of. I'm saying this and I live near Philly. By the way, BWI is often cheaper than PHL since Southwest flies out of BWI. They tend to keep fares on all airlines lower.

I would go with the best price. My husband travels weekly with USAirways, preferably non-stop. BWI is further away from our home then PHL but he has taken many flights out of BWI because of price. There has been a difference between the two airports in price as high as $500 on a round trip non-stop to Chicago and Toronto. Sometimes these flights are made only a few days in advance and BWI is almost always cheaper. I would not hesitaite to fly out of either airport and have several times in the past. One difference is parking fee's. BWI charges $30 a day if parking at the airport while PHL charges $18 a day, long term.

RobinLyn:D

I have never flown out of either of them, but our family chose BWI, because we couldn't get a non-stop flight from Philly. We are flying Southwest non-stop and will be in Orlando in 2hours 15 minutes. Some of the flights out of Philly had us going to Detroit, Cleveland and even JFK with flight times lastng as long as 10 hours. No way do I want to fly north or west to go south.

Prices were about the same for the both airports when we booked.

dthogue...I notice you're from central Pa. I used to live in the area about 10 years ago. Loved it! My father still lives in Mechanicsburg. I really enjoy Harrisburg Int'l because it's a small clean airport (at least the last time I flew out). I heard that there is a major expansion taking place there. Do you know if they'll be adding any airlines or if one of the current airlines will be offering non-stop service from Harrisburg Int'l? I would fly out there in a heartbeat!

Thank you for your posts, everyone!

Given the option, I would fly out of BWI. I fly into both airports often and BWI is much more convenient because of its size, and ususally price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter