BWV and Noise

JsMom2

DIS Veteran
Planning a long overdue trip to WDW in May. We're considering staying at BWV, but I've seen posts about late night noise on the Boardwalk. Is this only an issue in the Boardwalk View Rooms?

Boardwalk is a busy resort. You can hear the fireworks from pretty much every room in the building - both Epcot and DHS. While most of the "street noise" comes from the Boardwalk, you can also get standard view rooms that are close enough to baggage to listen to luggage often. And it has interior hallways - long interior hallways - which at 8:15am come alive with children running and screaming to catch the bus - all having to go down the same hallway on each floor. The pool is in the big U of the pool view rooms - and all the pool noise can bounce up into the rooms.

That said, its completely possible you would notice no noise. Its completely possible that you will find it overwhelmingly noisy but the person in the room next to you doesn't even notice the noise. People have different tolerances for noise and they have different room patterns - someone isn't going to notice pool noise if they aren't in the room during peak pool time or are there in January....and someone isn't going to notice bar noise if they are out themselves until 2am.

Boardwalk is a busy resort. You can hear the fireworks from pretty much every room in the building - both Epcot and DHS. While most of the "street noise" comes from the Boardwalk, you can also get standard view rooms that are close enough to baggage to listen to luggage often. And it has interior hallways - long interior hallways - which at 8:15am come alive with children running and screaming to catch the bus - all having to go down the same hallway on each floor. The pool is in the big U of the pool view rooms - and all the pool noise can bounce up into the rooms.

That said, its completely possible you would notice no noise. Its completely possible that you will find it overwhelmingly noisy but the person in the room next to you doesn't even notice the noise. People have different tolerances for noise and they have different room patterns - someone isn't going to notice pool noise if they aren't in the room during peak pool time or are there in January....and someone isn't going to notice bar noise if they are out themselves until 2am.

And the farther you are from the elevators, the less noise comes from the hallways. :)

We've found that most noise at the BWV comes from the hallways or the main pool (during the afternoon games). We usually book standard view and request to be near the bus stop or tennis courts. Seems most families (especially those with strollers) prefer to be close to the elevators. That said, the children aren't nearly as annoying as their parents who are yelling at them to be quiet and/or stop running, LOL

Yea, I like to be wayyyy down the hall away from the elevators. Better boardwalk view, imho. Have to say I don’t notice noise from halls due to distance of the bed from the door up the hallway. We usually don’t hear noise from the boardwalk once the fireworks are over and we close the French doors and the drapes. Of course it could be the air noise from DH’s CPAP machine. Plus we sleep like logs at Disney.

And the farther you are from the elevators, the less noise comes from the hallways. :)

We've found that most noise at the BWV comes from the hallways or the main pool (during the afternoon games). We usually book standard view and request to be near the bus stop or tennis courts. Seems most families (especially those with strollers) prefer to be close to the elevators. That said, the children aren't nearly as annoying as their parents who are yelling at them to be quiet and/or stop running, LOL

Yep. In a lot of ways Boardwalk room requests are about compromise - close to the elevators means you get far more of those children and their "really trying to teach their children manners - in a loud fashion" parents. But far from the elevators can mean a long walk back to your room at closing if you can't take stairs due to strollers or ECVs or just not in great shape to take four flights of stairs. Low floors make it easy to take the stairs and avoid the elevators entirely, but high floors usually have better views and less noise. But the good news is that Boardwalk is lousy with room requests, so you don't have to decide on which compromises you will have to make this trip, you take what you end up with and enjoy the short trip to the elevator while ignoring that 40 minutes of loud elephant parade going down the hallway - you enjoy the quick stair trip to the pool and save a view for the next trip, because this one you are looking directly into a tree. Hopefully you are a glass half full kind of person, because (and I love the Boardwalk) almost every location has pros, but it also has cons.

Love to get Standard as far away from elevators as possible. Really quiet rooms.

I just got back from a stay in a Boardwalk view studio. Our room was on the 2nd floor on top of Big River Grille. I was surprised that we didn't hear any noise from the Boardwalk at night. I agree with previous posters that noise mainly comes from the hallways and neighbors, so that you can't really control.

I stayed in a room overlooking the quiet pool a few years ago and it was lovely, and very quiet. It was in the pool/garden view category. Maybe the soundproofing is better than at some resorts because I don’t remember the fireworks noise being nearly as bad as it was at the Poly or Beach Club. My next trip is at Bay Lake, so I’ll be interested to see what the fireworks noise is like there.

That being said, I would never avoid a resort bc I was worried about noise (and I have kids that are 2 and 5). No matter how quiet the actual resort is, there is always a chance of noisy neighbors, or a 10 PM “security check.” Not kidding on that one...wish I were. I always bring a noise machine for my kids, who are usually too tired at night to even care about noise anyway. Actually, the same goes for my husband and I too. Ha.

I just got back from a stay in a Boardwalk view studio. Our room was on the 2nd floor on top of Big River Grille. I was surprised that we didn't hear any noise from the Boardwalk at night. I agree with previous posters that noise mainly comes from the hallways and neighbors, so that you can't really control.

That's surprising - was it cold? Or do you have a high noise tolerance? Because those rooms can be some of the noisiest at BWV. When Big River Grille's patio is hopping with a couple of wedding parties, those rooms can get loud (I've stayed there and found those rooms to be the noisiest we've ever had).

Stayed at a boardwalk view studio in a few weeks ago. We were on the 4th floor and noise was no problem. We could both here and see Epcot fireworks which we enjoyed.

That's surprising - was it cold? Or do you have a high noise tolerance? Because those rooms can be some of the noisiest at BWV. When Big River Grille's patio is hopping with a couple of wedding parties, those rooms can get loud (I've stayed there and found those rooms to be the noisiest we've ever had).
This. We had the sideways boardwalk P/G view overlooking the grassy space (side view of BW) last year. We were 4th floor and it was still noisy. DH said not to ever request that again and I now don't foresee us booking BW view. I never hear much hallway noise at BWV (except one time we had 1st floor room across from door to main pool (near hot tub). That was noisy in the hallway and being close to the portico out front, it had the beeping of the airport luggage trucks noise too. But I LOVED that location with my mom who had bad knees (could walk right out that door to pool and cut through to BW).

It was in the 60s at night when we were at BW. Warm enough for us to sit outside with our ice cream at Ample Hills (we were coming from 30 degree weather!), but I don’t remember if people were sitting outside at Big River Grille. We were only there for two nights so maybe we got lucky with the noise!

It was in the 60s at night when we were at BW. Warm enough for us to sit outside with our ice cream at Ample Hills (we were coming from 30 degree weather!), but I don’t remember if people were sitting outside at Big River Grille. We were only there for two nights so maybe we got lucky with the noise!

And sometimes you do just get lucky - I have the worst room request luck at Disney - but I seem to have the best bus luck - as far as I'm concerned, the buses have always been fantastic. Perhaps I have a higher tolerance for waits and standing - or maybe I stand and wait less than other people because I have good bus luck.....we will never know.....but I don't discount those that have bad bus luck - I'm sure it happens.

(And now I've jinxed myself for buses forever).

And sometimes you do just get lucky - I have the worst room request luck at Disney - but I seem to have the best bus luck - as far as I'm concerned, the buses have always been fantastic. Perhaps I have a higher tolerance for waits and standing - or maybe I stand and wait less than other people because I have good bus luck.....we will never know.....but I don't discount those that have bad bus luck - I'm sure it happens.

(And now I've jinxed myself for buses forever).
I've had good luck with room requests (except when we are travelling with in laws and request rooms to be close together)...though sometimes my request is a noisy location. On the other had, we've had stinky luck with buses. HATE the buses and why we love BWV (to walk to 2 parks). Best trip ever would be 4 nights at BWV and 3 at BLT in 1BR (or 2BR depending on party size) villas.

the good news is that Boardwalk is lousy with room requests
You got that right! After I seemed to get the opposite of my requests a couple of times, I just gave up. All you can depend on is booking category.

As for noise, the only noise issues I've had there- standard room close to elevator but right above ME check in, those cages make a lot of noise at 6 am; and boardwalk view room on 2nd floor right above that horse race carnival game- it rings every 5 minutes or so. Still I love my BWV stays and most hotels with interior corridors have noise from excited children in the hallways.

Just recently stayed at BW and BCV, and BCV while quiet, wasn't the same. I have points there but always used them for Boardwalk so this was my first stay. Hopefully, I can still use those point at 7 mths at Boardwalk in future.

Last edited:
The last time we stayed at BWV we were at the VERY end (as in, last room on the DHS end of the resort) on the second floor - it was SO quiet. We had garden view, not Boardwalk View, but all the way at that end, even outside it was pretty quiet. It WAS a reallllly long slorg from the elevators though, we were right next to the stairs, but at the time had a stroller/all sorts of toddler stuff to lug, so it was kind of a pain. We enjoyed our stay though! (Well, I enjoyed everything except that clown slide.... I hate clowns!!!)

We stayed in a Boardwalk view room at BWV in September, and we were about halfway down the hallway (so halfway between the elevators and the end of the hallway), and didn't notice any noise at all. It was awesome. I was a little worried 'cause I heard so much about the noise, but we didn't hear anything, and having a Boardwalk view was totally fantastic, enjoying the balcony and the ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter