• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV at 7 months window for October?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
It suddenly occured to me recently that we may not be able to just book the BWV for next year at a 7 month window, I've been just assuming that the availability will be there.

We're going for the week before and the week of half term, anyone any experience of this time of year?

We did consider booking the BCV at our 11 month window and then changing at 7 months, so then if BWV wasn't available, we'd at least have something guarenteed BUT I'm not sure we can then bank the extra points if we do manage to change.

Getting all confused now!!!! lol

Hi Penny,

Our use year is February but we only have 185 points for '04, so we'd have to borrow 32 points to book BCV. (BWVs would be 170) so if we booked BCV then switched to BWV I'm not sure if we could then put the borrowed points back onto '05?

Think that makes sense, sorry I didn't make it very clear in the initial post.

No, borrowed points can't be returned to their original use year, but you could bank some 04 points.

So, supposing you use 185 (04) + 32 (borrowed 05) points for BCV total = 217,
then cancel BCV,
you could use the 32 (borrowed 05) + 138 (04) for BWV total = 170,
banking the remaining 47 (04) points.

Does that make sense?! :confused:

BTW, we've been at the same half term time in October and always managed to get what we wanted at 7 months in OKW, VWL and BWV apart from a couple of nights in a GV (which I didn't expect to get anyway!).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter