BWV - Box fan from Mousekeeping

summerskye

Ears Earned, What's Next
We have a trip planned at Thanksgiving for 10 nights. I need a fan for sleep. I need both the sound and the air movement. Since we are flying in from Texas, packing a box type fan is not really an option. I have heard of people obtaining one via Mousekeeping. Does anyone know if this is still possible. Or if anyone has any ideas, please provide. I thought about getting one with garden grocer but $30 for something I will "throw" away doesn't make since to me. Thanks in advance.

If you “ need” a fan then I believe the only way to be certain is to bring it or have one delivered. Did you check Amazon pricing? I know you said it doesn’t make since( sic - sense) to you but that is your only guarantee. Youcan chance that there is one to request once you arrive, but there may not be.

We have always requested, and received, one from Mousekeeping. Worst case, they don't have one... Uber to Target, or have Amazon Prime deliver one.

We have always requested, and received, one from Mousekeeping. Worst case, they don't have one... Uber to Target, or have Amazon Prime deliver one.

I didn't think about that. Good idea. I could make it a night if needed, then have Amazon Prime as my backup. Thanks

Does it have to be a box fan? I have a small fan that I pack, as many of my family members do. Or how about an ap on your phone?

Does it have to be a box fan? I have a small fan that I pack, as many of my family members do. Or how about an ap on your phone?

Doesn't have to be a box fan. But most of the smaller fans don't give me both the sound and air movement that helps me sleep. With a 10 day trip, I am trying to keep luggage to 1 per person and under 50lbs each. 2nd bag charges are crazy.

Most AC’s have a fan option to just run the fan. Doesn’t move it as fast as a box fan and you can’t aim it. I always turn it on at hotels. For noise I use a Dohm noise generator. It’s a must for the amount of travel I do and hiding hotel noises.

We have a trip planned at Thanksgiving for 10 nights. I need a fan for sleep. ... I thought about getting one with garden grocer but $30 for something I will "throw" away doesn't make since to me. Thanks in advance.
A smaller desk fan from a local store would only cost $10 or so and would be easy to pack.

I'm right there with you. I go with the little fans that have the clip. Cheap and easy to pack. You can usually clip it on the nightstand and have it right beside your face. Then I use a sound machine app.

Asking for something suspicious like a box fan is going to ensure multiple security visits interrupting your sleep. It's for your safety.

I don't know for sure about BWV, but all of the moderate resorts I have stayed in have a ceiling fan that provides a lot of air movement. You could couple that with a white noise app on your phone - I like Relax Melodies which is free and has a ton of different sounds.

We stayed at BWV last year and had a ceiling fan. I also love the white noise of a box fan, but last year I bought a white noise machine on Amazon, which has many different fan-like sounds and volume control, and it's small enough to pack a suitcase. It works amazing and now we bring it on all vacations!

I'm no fan of box fans. But I love ceiling fans for air movement and my phone's white noise app of a rainforest rain shower. Sure to drown out everything except the trash dumpsters being dropped on the backside of WL and the Pool jet blowers at All stars.

I understand the need for a box fan - we are the same way. Other little fans, ceiling fans, a/c fans, apps - just don't cut it. What I wanted to add - we travel with our box fan and once our nice bellhop was bring our stuff to our room at the Poly. He chuckled in a friendly way and said "FYI, No need to bring a box fan. We have tons of these in bell services". So what I would do is ask for one, and if they don't have any, then see if you can get one from Prime Now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter