BWV Questions

tksbaskets

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We are planning for our trip this summer. We have only stayed at POR at WDW. Is there somewhere you can purchase a drink mug and get soda refills? What about a 'food court'? What are your favorite activities around the Boardwalk?

This is our first trip to our "HOME" and we are so excited. How will the one bedroom compare to the standard rooms at Port Orleans? How do the DVC resorts compare?

Thanks,
Teresa

First, Howdy and Welcome Neighbor! :wave2:

You can purchase and refill refillable mugs at the BW bakery and BW Joe's - may be other places to refill but I am unsure as we never buy these mugs.

There is no food court per se - but there are many restaurant choices from casual to nice sit down on the BW. Leaping Horse Libations, right by the pool, offers 'assorted sandwiches'. BW Bakery offers some nice sandwiches as well. There is also a pizza take out window at Spoodles.

As far as activities, I love to just stroll the BW at night - there is always so much activity, strolling entertainment. There is also Jellyrolls piano bar which is a lot of fun. They have surrey bike rentals, and, there's always good old fashioned people watching...

I have also stayed at POR and frankly, there is NO comparison from those standard rooms to a one bedroom at the BW...I was not happy with our stay at POR so I will say no more...other than you will be thrilled with your one bedroom at the BW :love:

Have fun!!

Dixie Landings/Riverside was always our favorite resort before we bought DVC. We still visit there for a lunch at the food court occasionally and sometimes a boat ride to DD. As has already been stated, the BWV 1 bedroom is so much better. It really feels like a small home versus a hotel room. Hope you enjoy many happy vacations to come at BWV.

Thanks Jean & BWVNUT. I'm so excited to get your comments. We are planning a day to just enjoy the resort. We've only been to WDW at Christmas and are looking to enjoying the pool and warm weather.

As previously stated, no comparison between the resorts and the rooms. My family doesn't really like the pool food at BWV but Spoodles is easy for quick take-out lunch (pizza). Big River Grille is sit-down. Can also get a quick bite at ESPN. Flying Fish is one of the best WDW restaurants IMHO. For lunch, I frequently rgo to EPCOT since it's so close. It's a 5 minute walk right to the World Showcase (and another 5 to get the Shwarma sandwich).
Do you have kids? Two things I never really knew about until I bought DVC and stayed at the villas were Community Hall (ping-pong, video games, foosball, free popcorn movies, etc) and Fantasia mini-golf (a 10 min walk- behind the Dolphin). The mini-golf is a favorite of teens at night.
Have a great time.

Difference between POR and BWV.

You will have a master bedroom with a king bed.
You will have a living room with a pullout sofa. The living room will also contain a small apartment kitchen (small fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker - bring Mr. Coffee basket filters and coffee).
You will have a washer dryer (stacking unit - bring your own detergent).
The bedroom and living room will both have a TV.
The bathroom and closet will both be so large you'll wonder why they didn't make the living room bigger. You'll have a jacuzzi tub.

Thanks for the tips DrShifty - we have teenaged sons and they will enjoy both the Community Hall and mini golf.

Crisi - sounds like a slice of heaven!
Teresa

Instead of getting a refillable mug, we have groceries delivered to our villa for plenty of drinks & snacks.

Have a great trip. We love BWV.

Thanks for the tips DrShifty - we have teenaged sons and they will enjoy both the Community Hall and mini golf.

Crisi - sounds like a slice of heaven!
Teresa

I actually like the deluxe resorts better....give me daily maid service and a nicer room - I don't really care to do dishes and laundry and cooking on vacation anyway - and I have a jacuzzi at home that seldom gets used. But the ability to have the kids sleep in the living room affordably is trumping that at the moment.

BW have had the same mugs for a few years now.

Instead of getting a refillable mug, we have groceries delivered to our villa for plenty of drinks & snacks.

Have a great trip. We love BWV.

This sounds great. Who do you have deliver the groceries? We aren't planning to rent a car.

Thanks!
TK

BW is our home resort, and our favorite, although I admit to having only stayed at OKW besides BW, but that's because we can't really see ourselves anywhere else. There is alot going on at night there, especially if you have children. My kids are now teens and they love it. There is Beaches and Cream across the water at the Yacht & Beach Club. It's a burger and ice cream place (featuring the "kitchen sink") and it's very good. We usually go over for lunch once and dessert once. The teens love it because it's a fun ice cream shop and it's "away" from where we are! You can take the boat across the water to it, or walk around the lake. BW offers ESPN Zone, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Big River Grille & Brewing Works, BW Bakery (some breakfast items, and desserts, plus the refillable mug), a pizza window, corn dog stand, coffee stand - I think I got them all. ESPN is a sports bar/restaurant - there is a separate dining area if you don't want to be near the bar. Big tv's all over, good food, good salads, sandwiches, burgers and more. My kids are there alot to eat, my husband and I go at least once for a meal, and maybe once a trip for "finger food". There will be "strolling entertainment" at night, usually a juggler, a magician. They are good too, and I love to watch how the little kids respond to them. They also have a face painting booth, a tarot card reader, a photo booth and a hair braiding booth. The BW will offer kids crafts, check the desk for times and activities. You can walk or take the boat to Epcot and MGM. It's really a great place to stay. You can also rent bicycles at Community Hall. There is a great pool slide at the pool, and the quiet pool is right in front of Community Hall, and behind the big pool. There's a gym. BW offers in room massges, but I haven't done this yet so cannot comment on it. You are within walking distance (or boat ride) of the Swan and Dolphin and their restaurants offer discounts to DVC members. You can also use the dining options at Y&BC. If you are going into the parks, I suggest LeCellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavillion in Epcot. It's delicious! Our favorite place.
I hope you enjoy the BW, it's really a great place. Have fun

Thanks for all the info. We will be at BWV - 2 Bedroom
Boardwalk View in September. Can hardly wait ! :cool1:

This is great! We just found out we'll be at WDW for Star Wars Weekend. Now we are EXTRA excited if that was possible :banana: :cool1: :banana:

BW is our home resort, and our favorite, although I admit to having only stayed at OKW besides BW, but that's because we can't really see ourselves anywhere else. There is alot going on at night there, especially if you have children. My kids are now teens and they love it. There is Beaches and Cream across the water at the Yacht & Beach Club. It's a burger and ice cream place (featuring the "kitchen sink") and it's very good. We usually go over for lunch once and dessert once. The teens love it because it's a fun ice cream shop and it's "away" from where we are! You can take the boat across the water to it, or walk around the lake. BW offers ESPN Zone, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Big River Grille & Brewing Works, BW Bakery (some breakfast items, and desserts, plus the refillable mug), a pizza window, corn dog stand, coffee stand - I think I got them all. ESPN is a sports bar/restaurant - there is a separate dining area if you don't want to be near the bar. Big tv's all over, good food, good salads, sandwiches, burgers and more. My kids are there alot to eat, my husband and I go at least once for a meal, and maybe once a trip for "finger food". There will be "strolling entertainment" at night, usually a juggler, a magician. They are good too, and I love to watch how the little kids respond to them. They also have a face painting booth, a tarot card reader, a photo booth and a hair braiding booth. The BW will offer kids crafts, check the desk for times and activities. You can walk or take the boat to Epcot and MGM. It's really a great place to stay. You can also rent bicycles at Community Hall. There is a great pool slide at the pool, and the quiet pool is right in front of Community Hall, and behind the big pool. There's a gym. BW offers in room massges, but I haven't done this yet so cannot comment on it. You are within walking distance (or boat ride) of the Swan and Dolphin and their restaurants offer discounts to DVC members. You can also use the dining options at Y&BC. If you are going into the parks, I suggest LeCellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavillion in Epcot. It's delicious! Our favorite place.
I hope you enjoy the BW, it's really a great place. Have fun

WOW I can't wait to stay there either in Aug. We will be there for 4 nights after staying at SSR for 5 nights. Sounds like my older two kids will love this area. I wish we were staying there sooner because we are going back in late Jan. and our 7th month window is June and I am not sure where we want to stay. We might love BWV so much we might want to go back there in Jan. but by late Aug. we might miss getting in. I wanted to wait til our vacation to see how we liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter