BWV Rehab-Pool/Pool Bar

MdmMim

DIS Veteran
I recently returned from a visit to the BWV and was talking with a few CM's. When I mentioned my trip this coming January, they told me the main pool and the pool bar were going to be rehabbed in January. They had no idea of the exact date or length of downtime. New TV for the bar, changes in drink menu (so all pool bars serve the same drinks) :confused3 and other changes.

Thought I'd give anyone going at that time a head's up!

Hopefully they offer a wider food assortment.......looking forward to seeing the changes..
Brownie

Thanks for the news.

Now, if they would only elaborate on the plans to replace the BWV sofa beds... :scratchin

MdmMim said:
...changes in drink menu (so all pool bars serve the same drinks) :confused3 and other changes.
Hmmm... We stayed at VWL last January and tried a "Lumberjack" at the pool bar. I would be very disappointed if this disappears off their drink menu! But I somehow can't see a drink called a "Lumberjack" popping up on drink menus at BWV or BCV or any other resort other than WL/VWL. I think part of the fun of trying new resorts is trying one of the signature drinks unique to that particular pool bar.

LisaS said:
Hmmm... We stayed at VWL last January and tried a "Lumberjack" at the pool bar. I would be very disappointed if this disappears off their drink menu! But I somehow can't see a drink called a "Lumberjack" popping up on drink menus at BWV or BCV or any other resort other than WL/VWL. I think part of the fun of trying new resorts is trying one of the signature drinks unique to that particular pool bar.

I really think this "single drink menu" is not a good idea on Disney's part. Part of the charm of having a drink on vacation is having a "Lumberjack" or a "Lapu Lapu" And I think theming the drinks to the resort costs practically nothing and probably increases sales. It loses some of the theming and charm that makes Disney such a complete get away - for what has got to be miniscule savings in variation.

MdmMim said:
I recently returned from a visit to the BWV and was talking with a few CM's. When I mentioned my trip this coming January, they told me the main pool and the pool bar were going to be rehabbed in January. They had no idea of the exact date or length of downtime. New TV for the bar, changes in drink menu (so all pool bars serve the same drinks) :confused3 and other changes.

Thought I'd give anyone going at that time a head's up!

So the entire pool are will be closed? Maybe I need to think about BCV for January instead?

EnviroChick said:
So the entire pool are will be closed? Maybe I need to think about BCV for January instead?
When we stayed there a couple of years ago while the Keister Coaster was down for rehab (the rest of the pool was open) they shuttled people on golf carts over to the BC. That was the only time you could pool hop over there if you were staying at BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter